“Dirty and Over-Priced”

Ranked #194 of 279 Kuta B&B and Inns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Dirty and Over-Priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our bathroom smelled liked sewage and throw up the whole time. Stayed for 8 nights. Not once did they clean our room, change our towels or provide new soap or TP. The room is poorly lit. The breakfast area is too small for how many visitors they have. Most people stood waiting for a chair to sit in. We waited up to an hour to receive our breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and a bit of fruit. Dishes were visibly dirty. Staff is friendly enough but service was slow. To be fair, they are in the midst of a renovation, but for RP380.000/night I expected better quality. Saw many mice running around the place as well. Didn't have any in our room, but around the pool and lobby there were many.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been staying for a couple of time, according to the price, is quite good and the services I have is good also the staff friendly and all trip to other island gili or lambongan they always ask the costumer to check the price outside before we book the trip and the price always lower between 75 thousand or 50 thousand than outside.
I will back to stay again and recommend my friend...
if you want to enjoy kuta beach this is the best place to stay..
during I stay last October the building still under construction, but I come back this time, it's really much better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel staff is very friendly, I stayed for 40 nights because I wanted to learn to surf. It is very close to Kuta beach which is a great beginners beach. I was on a budget and this is a budget hotel so I wasn't expecting too much. Because I was staying longer I was able to negotiate a lower price which helped me out. The best parts of the hotel are the staff, the cafe and the pool area, it is a very chill place to hang out and relax away from the hustle of Kuta. The hotel attracts the backpacker types which is nice because it's somewhat social as there are usually a few people hanging out in the cafe to use the internet. They have free breakfast which is nice but small, you can supplement it for very cheap though and be quite satisfied. They have wifi at the cafe, the wifi can be spotty but most the time it's fine. The rooms themselves are very simple but everything was in working order and suited my needs. If you are used to traveling on a budget then this hotel will suite you fine and be a great location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Our flight was landing in Bali at 10.30pm so we rang ahead to have somewhere to stay. We were on a fairly tight budget so our options were a little bit limited on short notice but I would definitely advise people to find somewhere else to stay. For 170,000 a night, it is completely overpriced.

The room we had was really dirty, grimy and dark. There were stains on the floor and the sheets and towels we were given. The bathroom was actually ok. They told us that there was wifi but this was only available in the 'restaurant'. The restaurant closed in the afternoon and they switch the lights off so if you do want wifi you have to make do. There is a pool but it is quite open so there were men in the apartments over looking the pool taking pictures of people sunbathing. The place is also like a construction site so it is quite noisy.

I would never stay here again and would advise people to find somewhere else. Also, we were going to book our trip to the gili islands through here but found it in a travel agents outside for 75,000 cheaper per person - rip off!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aisling O

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Ayu Beach Inn is located in Poppies Lane-II. The hotel has a couple of pools and a canteen, which isnt open till late. The guests can read the many books kept in the reception. The hotel also has a tour desk, which after research, I found to be a bit expensive. Wifi is available only at the canteen area.

The rooms are okay,with a big bed, a large bathroom and a porch. The location is the best feature of the hotel as it is located within walking distance to the beach.

If money isnt a factor I would rather recommend the Masa Inn, (Lonely Planet recommended) which is just a couple of meters away from Ayu.

Room Tip: Rooms near the canteen are a bit more quieter.