“Terrible”

Ayu Beach Inn
Ranked #197 of 282 Kuta B&B and Inns
“Terrible”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I had a terrible stay at this small hotel. I booked a fan room and stayed in the old part of the building. The room was spacious. But out of date and not that clean. The next day I found out I was bitten by bedbugs on several partsof my body. A terrible and very itchy experience. I left the next day.

I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Everywhere was booked so i walked in off the street. For what you get, it's very expensive. The room was disgusting and smelly. Building work is being done (I assume) as there is rubble everywhere. It looks like it has been abandoned....except it hasn't. My breakfast had ants in it.

The staff are lovely but that's not enough unfortunately. Needless to say, I didn't stay longer than one night.

It was just awful. It should be shut down!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank beeby2

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The first time I arrived in Bali ... Kuta place for backpackers and it was the first place where I have got and decided to stay .. I liked that you are in the center and relatively quiet ... persoonal friendly and help to answer any questions relating to travel the island .. In the guesthouse has everything you need: launri service, rent bikes (parking), swimming pool, good internet and close to the beach (200 meters)The rooms are large and relatively chitye safely. As a result, I have stayed here a month ... liked it)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I came to Bali to learn how to surf. This hotel is good because it is close to Kuta Beach where I surfed everyday. It's also a short walk from the bars and restaurants on Poppies 2 and Legian Street. The staff is nice and helpful. There is a swimming pool, cafe with free wifi, and small but free breakfast every morning. There is construction being done in the front for more new rooms. The rooms in the front are nicer and newer but more expensive. I stayed in the older rooms in the back near to pool because it was cheaper. My room was a bit dark and the hot water took long to get hot, but it was ok for me because the cold water cooled me off after surfing. Also, the AC unit in my room was not very cold. You ask the staff to clean your room, they do not do it daily. For me, this place was a good value because it is close to the beach to surf. Backpackers like to stay here too, so it was a good place for me to meet people to surf or go out with at night.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room choose a new room in the front, but they are more expensive. The rooms in th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JH1190
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stay there for 4 nights. We book for fan room. But during arrived fan room book out n we needed to upgrade to aircond room which I really expecting a better room. But it worst n nightmare. Our room is near the cafe really need maintainance for toilet valve n the toilet smell awful. The water is bounty shower time. And the bed is sandy. To many mosquitoes.. the price is overated 300k rp. Only I love bout this hotel is the area middle of shop and they provide laundry.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank tataray8788
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This place is so annoying. The manager is making everyone a "special price" for the rooms. I dont know how he choose but one gets it for 190k one for 250k and so on.
Food takes ages. We ordered two pizzas which took about 2hours and it was definitely not worth it! The pool is dirty, the rooms are really dirty and smell mouldy.
We booked a room and as we arrived they said its booked out. On new years eve we booked a night but had to check out cause they had no more space. Some people arrived at new years eve and were told to look for another room as their room was booked out as well.
Just avoid this place in bali even when it has a good location.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank F2i0j1i3
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our bathroom smelled liked sewage and throw up the whole time. Stayed for 8 nights. Not once did they clean our room, change our towels or provide new soap or TP. The room is poorly lit. The breakfast area is too small for how many visitors they have. Most people stood waiting for a chair to sit in. We waited up to an hour to receive our breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and a bit of fruit. Dishes were visibly dirty. Staff is friendly enough but service was slow. To be fair, they are in the midst of a renovation, but for RP380.000/night I expected better quality. Saw many mice running around the place as well. Didn't have any in our room, but around the pool and lobby there were many.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family