“Lots of material but....”

Alta Moda Fabric Store and Tailor
Ranked #19 of 81 Shopping in Kuta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Alta Moda Group, Indonesia's leading chain of fabric stores including Alta Moda, Centro Moda and Pronto Moda. Quality, Collection & Service. - Established 1994. Fabrics & Services Alta Moda carries haute couture from reputed international designers like Valentino, Ungaro, Scabal and Zegna. Specialty silk and fine lace with beads and sequins are readily available, as are high quality wool, cotton, linen, satin and viscose. Intricate laces and chiffon embellished with colored Swarovsky crystals and semi-cultured pearls are a dream for fashion enthusiasts. Our Mission Fabrics offered by Alta Moda stand apart in quality as well as variety. Essentially this represents Alta Moda's mission which is to provide discerning customers with a one-stop fashion resource that not only offers the finest haute couture collections but also outstanding customer service to match it. Alta Moda has strong brand value thanks to its unflinching commitment to service and quality.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Lots of people have mentioned this store. A taxi driver said this is a very expensive material shop, but I still wanted to go just to see for myself.

Now I was after a stretch material for a figure skating competition. I didn't find much of this kind of material. I was after a material that had a bit of glitz and glam. There was lots of printed material though. I found our Spotlight store had more variety.

I did end up buying two 1 metre pieces that cost in total $23.00AUD. Well one of the materials only had 1.5 metres left and there was no price on it, so at first they said we can't sell it. I refused to leave until they did because the 1st piece goes with the 2nd piece of material. In the end they found something similar at a lot more expensive price, but hey we wanted that piece. Took ten minutes to find the material I wanted, but took about 30 minutes for them to figure out what to charge me.

I can't rate other materials, there is a huge range I saw. And I am glad I checked it out.

2  Thank Lulufluff
in 5 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent several hours today at Alta Moda adding to my material collection! Having read the reviews I first looked through each floor so I knew what was on each one and then started from the top and worked my way back down (tip walk down the stairs there are some great bargains to be had!). The staff are very helpful (if you want them to be) and the lovely man who waited upon us was very generous with his advice. It was an absolute assault on your senses but I loved every minute.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have been going to Alta Moda since it opened. I go three to four times a year and usually buy about 50 to 80 metres of fabric per trip and have to post it back home. This is a three floor temple dedicated to all fabric. The range amazing a lot of it is Designer label fabric (the real thing not copy)
there are many French fabrics at a fraction of the price that there are at the Paris fabric markets at St Pierre. The staff are extremely helpful and patient. There is always some sort of discount and the christmas New Year is 50% off EVERYTHING. As for having things tailor made I have found them very good but as with all tailoring you need to have fittings. It will only be as good as the time you put into it. I can not recommend this place highly enough

6  Thank ddexter
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have just come back from Bali went on the 1/2/14 for a week. Have shopped at Alta Moda Fabric store on previous occasions. Tip look on the net for basic clothes patterns print of and you will know how much fabric you will need. Alta Moda has a large range of fabric and you should find what you are looking for.
If anything you get confused because of the choice. Reasonably priced not the cheapest place to buy fabric in Bali but the location is very convenient. To the right of the store across the little road is a spa. My husband went there for a pedicure while I shopped, very handy.
For lace trimming and gifts try Toko Central with the lace trim you cannot buy by the metre, but by the card but they have a great selection. You can also buy beads, clips, trim and small gifts

4  Thank travelbug201017