“The Good and the Bad”

Ranked #24 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Melbourne, Australia
“The Good and the Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed early November ..the GOOD the staff are very helpful /The deluxe rooms are nicely furnished/The shower and bathroom great/Room safe/good selection of channels on cable tv/WII FII in room reception is good/the free mini bar goodies/the swimming pool is not deep but is clean
breakfast is good/food in the italian resteraunt is good /the coffee in the 24 hour coffee shop is good etc
the BAD unless you stay in a room on the top floor you will hear the people above especially moving around the stool on the tiles (i had this gratting sound most nights @12pm /!am) Have suggested to management a solution to this problem.
First night my room had a nasty urine stain right in the middle of the bed (moved to another room) my son had another deluxe room and he had yellow water coming out of the shower
and he also moved because of the noise in the next room'.
Perhaps My son and I were unlucky with this hotel....I travel a lot the staff attitude is great but
there is some downsides to this hotel .
Stayed here hoping for quiet nights sleep away from the Kuta action.
Would i return probally not.

Room Tip: top floor for a quieter night sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rcj957

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
SG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Value for money for a 4 star hotel with 5 star hotel service. Staff are friendly and helpful when approached for room service or advice on local attractions. Furnishing in the hotel are new. The surroundings are quiet and peaceful. Perfect for those who wants a relaxing holiday. Not far from Centre of Kuta. The hotel also provide shuttle service to and fro selected pick-up / drop-off point.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Night B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

World class 5 star hotel. Everything was organized. So clean and good. Its good for relaxing. Its worth every centavo. Thumbs up to the staffs coz they are very polite and courteous. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to be back again and experience its beauty.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ian G
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent hotel, a few mins in a cab to center of Kuta. Tranquil and modern. Very helpful staff with excellent spa, a good breakfast, free wifi and prefect rooms.

Happy to recommend and will stay again when in Bali.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tjm27
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Contrary the the previous reviewer, this hotel is in a good location, just far enough from the centre of the Kuta hustle and bustle which is very noisy! You can walk to the heart of Kuta or the beach in about 15 minutes, or pay only $2-$3 for a taxi ride (recommended at night because of dodgy footpaths).
All staff are incredibly friendly, a decent breakfast selection (they can make omelettes, crepes and pancakes infront of you).
The room was small but clean. Comfortable beds. Impressed by the number of TV channels and free mini bar which includes soft drink, juice, nuts and chocolate and is refilled daily.
The pool was clean and enjoyable. Not enough sun lounges however, never was able to get one and we stayed while it was very quiet.
The hotel decor is an eclectic mix of modern and vintage, very interesting! Didn't get to eat dinner at the restaurant, however had cake and coffee at the cafe which was perfect.
Would recommend if you can get a room at a special rate like we did, isn't worth the full standard price. It was perfect for the two of us as it was on the small side and quiet. Wouldn't be suitable for families with kids.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank luckyhelga7
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We left and went back to our first hotel after just a few hours.

This is in the middle of NOWHERE. I have no idea why it's so highly rated. I had actually checked just how far from Kuta it was and was told a few minutes.

Unless you have a car you are completely dependent on taxi's, which you have to call, you can't just wander out to the street because it's so remote.

Staff were rude and Manager told me 'it's not MY problem it's yours' when I tried to address issue, and then said I can use his phone but they'll add it to my bill.

Breakfast was in 2 rooms, no-one welcomed us or explained. They had no fruit, no juice and no pastries left and weren't willing to offer anything else even though it was only 9am.

The rooms are TINY. We had a twin and felt like sardines when the luggage came in.

Absolutely shameful. AVOID.

Room Tip: Just go to another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tooraweena
Fontanahotelbali, Front Office Manager at Fontana Hotel Bali, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Greetings Tooraweena,

Thank you for your time to share your recent experience with us, we welcome all concern and input from our customer. We understand that most of the tourist coming to Bali looking for leisure and Fontana support both leisure and business activities in Bali, for that Fontana provide accommodation in Kuta Area without having to fight the crowd.

When we search for your recent stay, trust that my staff had provide their best service for our guest, unfortunately our location wasn't suit for your interest. My staff had reconfirm your stay during your arrival, and you were accepted the information. When you met the duty manager in charge, trust that he already informing you that the booking wasn't refundable but yet you were insist to get the refund which we can’t provide without the amendment agreement in written from the Travel agent that you booked. As mentioned in the booking confirmation, the room that you booked were the lowest category in our hotel where the size of the room indeed the smallest one, if you decide to take the suite room it will be twice the superior size.

For the breakfast area, indeed we are prepare in 3 separate areas where we provide a different atmosphere for our guest, non-smoking, smoking and a lounge type. Most of our guest found this setup are very interesting and satisfy with our breakfast setup service, where you may found in the reviews from another guest. Your information about juices are not eligible, due to we are provide 3 different juices every morning where the breakfast is available from 7.00am to 10.30 am.

How did you judge the breakfast when you said you weren’t stayed with us for a night? and in our record you were stayed for 1 night, and how can you mentioned that our breakfast is not good when you were only experience it one time with a feelings of unsatisfied with our locations?

Your direct response and email to me will be more than welcome for discussing your experience as we really would like to ensure satisfaction to our guest. As we did communicate before when I helped you to locate the lost earrings in your previous room.
Please contact me to fom@fontanahotelbali.com.

Best Regards,

Eko Wijana
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My first visit to Bali & staying at Fontana was a great choice. Location is not near the beach so if that's what you're there for, Fontana might not be the place for you. I like being close to the action but not in it. The hotel is just a short taxi ride to everything & the staff are very friendly & do go out of their way to assist you with a big smile. The breakfast spread was very large & full of variety. There were Asian (fried rice, fried noodles, soup, curry & BBQ chicken, egg rolls, vegetables, etc) & western (eggs, toast, fruits, muffins, bagels, sausages, etc) style breakfast choices so I did stuff myself quite a bit before a long day of sightseeing. I personally loved the "create your own omelette & crepe". I didn't have much free time & everyone tells me I have to do a massage in Bali, so decided to do the zen spa treatment at the hotel. It was very relaxing & just what I needed after a long day out. Last appointment is at 9pm so schedule it before you start the day is best if you're interested. I was very impressed with the decor. The open lobby with the bar & lounge feels very welcoming & a great place to hang out. I didn't have time to use the pool but from the look, very clean & surrounded by greens so you feel like your in a secluded area. Hope to test that out next time. Fontana is definite a hotel filled with 5 star amenities but at reasonable price. One more thing, my room had a personal safe which I was able to use & the drinks & food in the refrigerator are all complimentary that the hotel replenish daily. Big plus in my book!

Stayed October 2013