“fontana 2014”

Ranked #24 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Singapore, Singapore
“fontana 2014”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

i stayed at this hotel for about a week, and i should say this hotel is really as good as its review page on tripadvisor. although apart from the dirty (alittle oily at times) tap water, which they also provide 2 bottles of mineral water for the brushing of your teeth and face washing (i think all the hotels there face the same problem), everything else is as good as it can get! do not be afraid to ask the hotel counter for assistance, they pretty much help us with everything that we needed for our impromptu trip. for instance, for the renting of motorbikes, do not go to the shops and ask/bargain, from what ive gathered, renting the bike from the hotel is by far the cheapest, plus it delivers right to the hotel! the only setback from this hotel is their location, nothing much to see near the hotel, so you would have to take their shuttle (every hour) to Kuta beach if you're looking for some shopping or some actions..

Room Tip: high floors rooms have better views!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shiikaii
Fontanahotelbali, Front Office Manager at Fontana Hotel Bali, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear shiikaii,

Thank you for your review on this page and we all are very happy to hear that your recent stay was enjoyable. It will be definitely share to all of the staff where they will enhance to always provide the best service to all off the customers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with Fontana Hotel Bali and extend another memorable experience with us.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chatan-cho, Japan
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at Fontana Hotel for my first ever trip to Bali and it went very well. To begin with, my arriving flight was very late and they worked with me to allow a late check-in, around 0100 to be precise. Additionally, as soon as I arrived, even at such a late hour, one of the individuals working walked me to my room and showed me where all the amenities were and made sure everything was to my liking before leaving. The rooms were very clean and well-presented. The bed was huge and super comfortable, too. Because of my scuba diving planned for the trip, I wasn't able to partake in the breakfast until the final day and I really missed out. They have a large variety of pancakes, omelets, and other breakfast foods, most of which is made to order, all included in the price of the hotel, so that was great. Each day while walking around the hotel grounds, I was greeted with smiles and asked how everything was going and if they could do anything for me. The hotel offers two eating establishments, too. One is Portabella which is a more traditional restaurant seating area or delivery to your room. I ate here twice and both times I was surprised with the ease of ordering, the timeliness of the food, and the overall quality of food. The other food place is a cafe that is open 24/7 serving coffee and baked goods. I stopped by here briefly, but didn't purchase anything because I am not a coffee drinker. They also offer a spa on the fourth floor which has some pretty competitive pricing. The descriptions of each service offered sounded really good, but I didn't partake. Overall, the stay was great. The location is a little off, but that's OK, taxis are cheap as long as you go with the ones marked "BLUE BIRD GROUP" on the windshield and the hotel even offers to drive you to local areas 9am-9pm or call the taxis for you.

I would recommend people to try this hotel if you want to stay in the Kuta area but not necessarily at the center of the party action. When I find myself in Bali again, I will be staying here again if I am in the Kuta area!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Colin W,

Greetings from Fontana Hotel Bali and thank your for your recent stay with us.
We are happy and glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable.
Your comments are very valuable for us since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback for everyone alike, our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

We all here are waiting for your next visit to Bali and stay with Fontana Hotel Bali.

London
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at the fontana for 3 night at the end of february and I enjoyed my stay. My check in was quick and effecient and then I was escorted to my room and where I shown all the amenties. My room was clean and spacious and I had the view of the pool area. The staff are friendly and very accommodating. The layout of the hotel is very spacious with lots of area for you to relax, the pool area is landscape and well maintained. Breakfast is a buffet style with a wide variety of oriental and american options, with eggs made to ordered. There is shuttle service that takes you to legian where there are shops and kuta beach is a 10 minute walk from there. The Fontanta is a short taxi ride to the town centre of kuta where it is very busy and congested. The taxi fare was less than one pound to and from the hotel and they are everywhere. I enjoyed the free mini bar which is stocked daily with bottled water, sodas and peanuts. Their friday night bar-b-q grill was very good because everything was freshly prepared for you once you had chosen your meat or seafood. I would recommend this hotel if you want to relax and I would definately stay here again if I came to bali.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear funlovingtraveller46,

Thank you for taking time and giving us a valuable review on this page, We are very happy to hear that your stay recently was enjoyable. Fontana Hotel is new brand Hotel which is promising a quite place to all of the customer for their leisure time in Bali especially in Kuta Area. We just a year last December and the concept is providing an oasis in the central of Kuta.

We will definitely share your valuable comments and appreciation to all of the staff where i do believe that they will enhance to keep maintain the good service to all of the customers.

We are looking forward for your next visit to Bali and stay with your new Family at Fontana Hotel Bali.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My one night stay in a large and clean room was exceedingly pleasant. Large bed, rainwater shower and nice toiletries were particular highlights. View from window was of adjacent concrete building and bathroom water has an odour. The location is a little far from the action, although I felt the presence of an excellent cafe made up for this!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Annelies A,

Thank you for spent your time to write a review about Fontana Hotel Bali, We are very happy and honored that we are able to accommodate you with an enjoyable experience.
We will keep maintain the the standardization of all services and extend our best to meet the customer expectation.

Keep in touch and please feel free to contact me to fom@fontanahotlelbali , should you need any further assistance. Looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to stay with us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Just finished our 6 day stay and it was very good.Staff can't do enough for you and are very polite.
Room was wonderful (but we did upgrade to 3rd floor overlooking the pool) free mini bar but no alcohol,still good.
Pool area nice but not enough pool beds in high season,we were ok as we travelled in low season.
Chef very helpful regarding any food allergies,but must be made aware on your arrival so they can accommodate.
Taxi required to get to Kuta as it's too far to walk $2.00 approx.
Clean and modern rooms and comfortable beds,gym was adequate for basic needs(if your that way inclined !)
Sunny 16 cafe,part of the hotel,very nice and open 24 hours.
Wifi excellent ,free shuttle bus very handy but only to melasti street, legion but no return.
Down side would be high cost of food and drinks in hotel,otherwise well worth a visit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephen B,

Thank you for your recent stay with Fontana Hotel Bali and we are very happy to hear that your experience stay was enjoyable. Definitely will share to all of the staff.

For the sitting capacity in the main pool, we are still on progress to add it even we have another 4 bean bags has been prepared. Hope on your next visit, it has been prepared and available to accommodate our guest who stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 6 March 2014

One of the best places to stay in Bali...good location, just five minutes walk to legian street (shuttle also available) kuta beach also nearby. In legian street you will get everything, resturants, spas, discs, car rentals, travel planers etc. Nearby convenience store helps too. Very well thought of designs of room, well lit and ventilated. Very humble polite and helpful staff. Room service is faster than any 5 stars hotels. We did our research for hotels to stay through trip advisor and selected this place as this was the number one hotel in Kuta region and at very affordable rates. It was worth every penny. Only disadvantages are no private beaches, moderate sized pool and food options in the hotel not very vast. However they compensate that with their breakfast spread. Unless you are looking for a very luxurious stay this is the place to be. Thanks Fontana...if i visit Bali again i will stay there only.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Actung84,

We are glad and happy to hear that your recent stay with us was enjoyable. We will commit to keep maintain the standardization of service and will amaze you with another memorable experience with Fontana Hotel Bali.

Definitely will pass your appreciation to our staff and trust that it will motivate them to always doing their best.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and your family on your next vacation.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here for 10 nights a few weeks ago. Overall it is great value for the money you pay. There are just some big issues which we found.
Firstly, it is far from anything. I knew this and thought I wouldn't care, but you can't even walk to any shops or anything. We probably spent a good $100 in taxi's just to go out for meals etc.
The housekeeping standards are below average. The soap dish in the shower doesn't have holes to drain and to test the theory, I filled it up with water one day and it took three days for them to clean. It was also dirty when we arrived.
The shower overflowed and flooded the bathroom as well.
The friday night grill is not worth it so don't even bother. The breakfast is alright...not overly inspiring and the staff don't really care about topping anything up - we were told one day it would take 30 minutes to get some yoghurt. The tables are set differently every day - sometimes with teaspoons and sometimes not. The made to order pancakes are made differently everytime theres a different person making them depending on how they interpret what is on the giant pictures you choose from.
We had interconnecting rooms and after 3 nights of getting hardly any sleep due to rude and inconsiderate ppl (including ppl smoking at midnight and using a speaker to play music in the hallway), we asked to move to the end of the hallway. They said that was fine, we packed everything up, went to the new room only to find they weren't interconnecting. When I called up reception, I was told that I was informed they weren't interconnecting rooms. Umm....no I wasn't, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to move with a 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old! There are only 3 interconnecting rooms so back to the old rooms we went.

Good things....the manager was wonderful when they stuffed up everything with changing rooms and we were very impressed with his customer service.
The food at the restaurant on the alacarte menu was great.
Pool was ok....a bit annoying away from everything and such few sunbeds.
Shuttle bus into Kuta was good too.
Size of rooms were great and the free mini bar was awesome with kids.
We also got a valentines couple spa package which was $100 a couple and would happily pay that as it was the best massage we had the entire trip.
It was a good stay but wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one all the way at the end of the hallway
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank becwalsh
Dear becwalsh,

Greetings from Fontana Hotel Bali and Thank you for your recent stay with us.
Your comments are very valuable for us as our guidance in the future.

Firstly, it is with deep personal regret that you found some lack of expectation during your stay with us in some area, however it has been shared to all of department concern to do some correction in regards of the service improvement.
I am happy to hear that you were impressed with the customer service delivered by the Duty Manager.
This is not the last, please ensure that you contact by emailing me to fom@fontanahotelbali.com should you need any further assistance.