I recently had the requirement to lay over in Bali for 2 nights. I have been many times before so I am aware of the standards and knew what to expect.
I carefully researched and took the top rated 4* hotel on Tripadvisor in the Kuta area. BIG MISTAKE. I will list some facts.
1. The hotel charges $25 for a one way airport transfer. I took this as the airport taxi drivers in Bali are not to the best and the last thing I wanted after a 12 hour flights was to be ripped off to drive 1km.
The hotel driver, was not employed by the hotel. Just a local transport company. He was late, was not allowed to pull up with the other drivers at the arrival area, and then did not know where the hotel was.
2. We pulled up at the hotel, and there was no cool drink, no towel, just blaring football from a huge TV - in BALI! Honeymooners - beware. The footbal seemed to be a permanent fixture as when I checked out early the next day it was still going.
3. The room had no bath.
4. The room had no bin.
5. The room was dirty.
6. The room had no do not disturb sign (cue constant disturbances)
7. The A/C did not work properly
8. The corridor was incredibly echoey and noisy and this was heard in the room - really unpleasant.
9. One of the gimmicks included with this hotel is a free mini bar - let me clarify, this means 1x can of soda, 1x small kit kat. That's not a mini bar.
10. The pool - is TINY
11. The pool is in shade nearly all day
12. There are no where near enough beds, in fact dont bother trying to get one unless you are up at 4 am.
13. The hotel is on a dirty back street, with no grounds.
I will be objective - this hotel was cheap, but it's not 4* and it's by no means even close to many of the other hotels in Kuta / Tuban. The breakfast was also good. (The one saving grace).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Hotel Bali, a PHM Collection offers an affordable Balinese lifestyle experience in an elegant way. A collaboration masterpiece by environmentalist architect, Popo Danes, and the former Super Potato Tokyo's designer, Nobuyuki Narabayashi, it is uniquely designed to accommodate a modern lifestyle in Bali while maintaining the authentic feel of Balinese nature. Located right at the center of Kuta area, just one block away from Legian area and 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport, Fontana Hotel Bali, a PHM Collection gives you an opportunity to experience the true Kuta without having to fight the crowd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fontana Hotel Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Hotel Bali Kuta