“Still Impressive”

Ranked #12 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Still Impressive”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Once again we stayed at the Sheraton. Different room than last time, but just as good as before. Staff were again wonderful and no complaints. Always helpful and a ready smile.

Stayed 5 nights then when to the Intercontinental for 5 nights. When comparing the two, the Sheraton is definitely better. Cheaper meals, better service and if you like shopping, better location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Graham W,

Many thanks for sharing your positive experience!

It is always great to read positive feedback like yours. I am happy to read that you were welcomed with a smile and that your expectations were met.
I will pass on your fantastic comments to the team as I am sure that this will motivate them to keep up the good work.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort on your next trip to Bali.

Warmest Regards,

Dario Orsini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly it has a very small pool. I had read this but was still surprised on how small it was...

We had a beachfront room, and was just fantastic. Upgrade to this if you can, there's nothing like waking up looking straight at kuta beach... Or watching the sunset from the balcony.

The hotel did have some maintenance issues, we could hear drilling during the day and there were a few rooms we walked past which we could see we're being renovated, even though it's a new hotel I guess there may have been some issues with those rooms.

The staff were all lovely as you'd expect from Sheraton hotels and also local Balinese people.

We saw the hotel manager a few times so he's obviously in the hotel and checking what's going on instead of sitting in an office crunching numbers.... Which is always a good sign...

Which I was there now.......

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Cruise H
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Cruise H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay and you are right, waking up overlooking the beach and the ocean is fantastic!

Your compliments with regards to the hospitality of our associates will be shared with the teams as I am sure that it will motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to reconnecting again with you in the near future.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

It was great location in Kuta.. It's adjacent to Beachwalk Kuta - a quite new Shopping Mall in Kuta. Near Kuta Square and walking distance to Legian Street. A lot of shops and restaurants surround the hotel. The pool also good, it's facing to the ocean.. we can enjoy sunset from the pool. The room itself quite simple and modern..

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Agnes_Octaviani
Dear Agnes_Octaviani,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and you are right, the swimming pool is an awesome place to watch the sunset.

We are looking forward to reconnect with you when you are travelling to Bali again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

nice pool - nice gymmnasium - all around a great stay .. breakfast is a feast , can recommand the italian restaurant Bene as well as the sunday brunch , best choices .. location is ok and shopping around the corner .. staff is ok too.. back again soon..

Room Tip: well .. room with beach view is expensive but a much better choice
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gooseliver66
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear gooseliver66,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Sheraton experience and I am thrilled to learn that we have made your overall stay a memorable one and that you enjoyed the food!

We hope that your wonderful experience will bring you back to Sheraton Bali Kuta and we are looking forward to re-connecting with you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Lobby has a nice view! Check in was easy. They has a kid section for younger kids to draw, colour and watch show. Welcome drinks provided. Kids are given a kiddy bag - contains crayons, paper, water bottle etc.

Room is surprisingly big. It is clean and nice. Loads of drinking water provided. Tub is decent. large enough for 2 pax. Shower is a problem - design flaw. Water will seep out when u shower - hence, part of the toilet floor will be wet. A little dangerous for older folks and kids since they might slip and fall. A bag of toilet amenities for kids were given. Toothbrush, toothpaste, flower shape sponge. No dvd player in the room. However, you can request for one.

My room is extremely quiet! I am surprise! Expected noise since we are staying in kuta. Read reviews about the noise but no noise at my side! Nice.

Hotel design is kinda weird and a little maze like.

Shopping is just outside. Easy access. Great!

Pool is tiny! Small pool! Lucky it wasn't that crowded for the period that we went.

Breakfast is ok. Ain't great. Service ain't great Ordered eggs and it took more than half hour to be served. Went to the egg counter to request 3 times.

Overall a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Eittus
Dear Eittus,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am extremely glad to learn we have managed to exceed your overall expectations! With regards to your comments on the breakfast, I have taken notes on your feedback and I have shared your comments with the teams. Rest assured that together we will work hard to avoid such experiences in the future.

Once again thank you for sharing and we all look forward to welcoming you back!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

They have the great location and wondetful view.
But staff are very unorganised. I waited more than one hour for my room. I was appreciating upgrade for SPG Platinm but if you ask for wait for the room. In my opinion, arrange another room or better service for more than one hour than normal check in time.

Also, at around 4 or 5pm HK knocked my door for turn down serive.
I would like to ask the management, they knows the meaning of turn down service. Guess wgat I was just entered my room at that time.
Also, the pest control needed. I saw the Cockroach and ants in my room.
And I have another visitor for platinum set up.
What a tiring!!!
Also, Had dinner at Feast, the receptionist has the kind of unpleasant attitude.
I was there at around nine pm. I asked her for the table, she looked the watch without smile. Maybe she wants to finish earlier than close time. And on my way out I said thank you to her but she did not reply. What a hospitality!! I spent my money but I extremly unpleasant.

Be paticient if you want to stay there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank JJ012
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear JJ012,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

Although overall we get many raving comments about our service level, I can assure you that I will have a discussion with the department heads concerned.

My biggest concern is the cockroach you mentioned and I truly apologize for that experience. We do a lot of pest control treatments however in a tropical country there still may be one that slips through.

No excuses and I hope you can accept my apology. I look forward to welcome you back again to experience our high standards and friendly service.

worldwide
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Arrived at 2pm room was not ready until 4:45 p.m. We were offered a free drink for the inconvenience. My advice is don’t accept it because it contains a very cheap brand of alcohol. We both got headaches from the drink.
We had an ocean front deluxe suite 3rd floor, but the view of the beach is blocked by trees. The hotel is only 4 stories so I'm not sure you'd have a better view on the 4th level but I doubt it. Hotel and Room condition excellent.

I have some issues with this property:

1. The hotel layout is like a maze, it does not flow well. Not much they can do but be forewarned.
2. The noise on the veranda is constant with traffic until late night. Random fireworks at all hours. Taxi blare their horns constantly trying to solict a fare. You could never sit outside and relax. They need dual or triple paned windows. They are getting a large premium for these rooms they should at least be quiet.
3. Breakfast buffet. We had multiple problems at the egg station. They need to hire people who speak good English. 80% of their guest visit from Australian so they need people who understand English. My advice is to wait at the egg station and watch otherwise you’ll get forgotten or an incorrect order.
Lastly we picked this property because it was a beach location expecting a picturesque beach. What a disappointment. In addition this is not a “swimming beach” as posted. it is for surfers. I wish the hotel website would have mentioned this detail.
The best part of are stay was our room attendants They were all very polite, friendly and working in pairs got the suite done very quickly.

Room Tip: Do not take a ocean front room ask to be back from street 4th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank livesinhotels
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear livesinhotels,

First and foremost, I am truly sorry to hear that unfortunately we have not met your expectations.

I will personally look into the inconveniences you have encountered, and one of the areas that stands out to me is your breakfast experience. I will work with the team to ensure that none of these will happen again in the future.

Again sorry for creating frustration rather than allowing you to relax. I would like to thank you for sharing your experience as it is through feedback like yours that will be able to improve our services.

Dario Orsini
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Hard Rock Hotel Bali
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 143 in Seminyak
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort? Share your experiences!