“Awesome week surfing,Thanks again Edwin!!”
Review of EP's Bali Surf

EP's Bali Surf
More attraction details
Owner description: Hallo! This is a page where you can easily book surflessons. We provide both beginner classes and intermediate. We also do a lot of surfguiding. Please let us know if you want any further information. Love the Ep's Bali Surf surfing crew.
Ubud, Indonesia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome week surfing,Thanks again Edwin!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My son and I first had lessons with Edwin last year, and it was great to catch up again this week
and build on some of the skills we learnt. There are a lot of surf 'teachers' in Bali, we've tried them, but if you really want to learn to surf and have a great time doing it Edwin is super professional, fun and friendly! We are so impressed with the progress we have made. He even took my 4 year old for a ride :).

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Laid back, professional and good value.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Really enjoyed our three day introduction to surf. (We being Dad and two kids, aged 12 and 10.)

Points that set EP apart.

1. Edwin wouldn't take us out during our first week as the conditions were too big - others were out there, but Edwin would rather provide a safe and enjoyable experience, even if it meant not getting paid.

2. Ratio was 2 instructors, for 3 pupils for all three days. This didn't cost extra and was certainly better than the other 'branded' schools.

3. Focus on safety and educations - things like tides, websites to look at, when not to go in, as well as the more obvious where to put your feet, etc...

4. We were all standing up on day one, turning on day two and catching our own 'green waves' by day three. Must confess, the kids looked a lot more at home doing this than me!

5. Our pictures were up on his facebook site the same day.

Loved the lessons in the warm Bali waves and have brought boards to hone our skills back here in Yallingup - watch out Taj...

I would certainly recommend Edwin and his colleagues.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank James_Cathy
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really great teacher and nice guy!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I took a week of surf lessons with Edwin in November 2012. He was really great, especially for an individual at beginner level. He is very patient. His prices are reasonable. And he's an all around nice guy. He used to teach with Rip Curl and Billabong, so he has a lot of experience. Since it is his own business, he really wants his clients to have the best experience possible. He doesn't just take you out in the ocean and push you into waves. He actually takes the time to teach the technical aspects of surfing. He takes pride in his work and is genuinely happy about his clients' success. He is very observant and gives immediate feedback on how to improve. The only issue I had with him was that I had a difficult time reaching him by phone initially because he was teaching and didn't answer, but I'm really glad that I was persistent because I had a great experience with him and can't wait to go back and have him reteach me everything I have forgotten.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sara_from_LA
Minneapolis, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Intro To Surfing!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Edwin was a good teacher and had a lot of information about the ocean and how it relates to surfing. It was a fun was to spend the morning! I was pleasantly surprised by facebook photos posted later that evening from our session. I only wish I could've taken the time to surf and learn more!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kelsey85
Aalst, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for a better instructor!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have to be honest when I read all these 5 star reviews, I was a bit suspicious. 5 stars is a lot right? Maybe all his friends are writing these? :-) Needless to say, I emailed him two weeks before I got to Bali and I received right away a response. Once I was at the beach, we started with the introduction class, because I was a complete beginner. We went over the basics, which I find really important in any sport. You see beginners, just renting a short board and hitting the waves not knowing what to do. We went over the basics and the third time I stood up I was already standing on my board. Awesome feeling!

The day before I walked around on the beach and yes there are instructors who have much cheaper prices, I can't compare really what they have to offer. Edwin's English is also very proficient, so everything was really clear to me. After that I went surfing at Kuta Lombok which is a very different experience, because those are reef breaks, but remembering Edwin's classes I had another great experience. Surfing will become a new part of my life, because of him! :)

Visited April 2013