“Cheap & Simple Room”

Ranked #155 of 282 Kuta B&B and Inns
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Cheap & Simple Room”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days .Check in & check out was easy, I got room at second floor and all room with poo view. Everthing ok for friendly & helpfull staf also clean room.
The problem is i couldnt get taxi in front of hotel because position of hotel inside the small road, but their staf will help for taxi.
Because cheap and not big hotel so sometime hotel soo noisy with other guest at swimming pool, young people with other guest ..

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
dear value guest
thanks u for the honest review to our hotel,
about the taxi u can get the taxi, the taxi can entry the lane but u have to order that and i guarante our staff will be help to call the taxi and u can waiting in our loby n the taxi will be come to u..
about another annoying guest we will give much more attention about that specialy to our nite supervisor ,we will put the notice in some place in our hotel
we waiting for ur next stay in zuk hotel..we'll serve u better..thank u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
Reviewed 9 October 2013

nice hotel for the price. great location, nice rooms and friendly staff. Nice simple breakfast each morning on the balcony. Yes I agree with wigglesworldwide, it can be noisy when people are coming back late at night. Will stay there again....

Room Tip: ground floor to the rear are better rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ozziemate
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
dear value guest Ozziemate

im realy happy about your honest and constructive ro eview, its realy help us to try hard to created more conviniance for all our guests. so .Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thanksful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you.FYI that zuk hotel now managed by the tirtha management, we try to give better n better services for all guest step by step , I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian on ur next stay

surabaya
Reviewed 10 September 2013

well, i agree about the friendly staff. but i must say the hotel is kinda disappointing when i arrive because of lot of fail information on the internet.

1. The room size published on agoda.com said 30 sq.m. i can assure you the room is average small no more than 20 sq.m
2. the published rate on their web site was IDR. 880k for the superior. Agoda.com published the rate IDR.1.099k and give more than 70% discount. i took this deal for only IDR 300k/night, include the tax and service without breakfast. When i arrive, there's a sign board on the corner of the street written "ZUK Hotel, IDR. 350"
4. the entry to the hotel was so small, lack of car parking lot
5. the door feels like falling apart, the bathroom broken.
6 there's no shampoo, laundry bag, tooth paste, slippers
7. I don't know how this hotel got their 3 stars rate

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you.FYI that zuk hotel now managed by the tirtha management, we try to give better n better services for all guest step by step , I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian

Hotel Controller

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great price for budget stay while in bali. Close to all the best clubs, restaurants in Kuta. We save heaps as it was easy to walk around without having to hail a cab to each destination. Found out Zuk is only a year old but it's starting to be a little bit run down. Lots of mosquitoes in room but all you need to get is some mossies spray. Our room faces the pool on the ground floor, great room but very very noisy when the young clubbers came back at the wee hour of the morning. No considerations for other guests. Reception should interfere but they didn't. Breakfast was a let down. They are a bit stingy with their serve/portion of nasi goreng or mee goreng. I meant literally small potion liked almost 2 tablespoon of nasi goreng per person. Positive side, staff are great and friendly, and if you need anything they are always willing to help.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great but can be very noisy, the upper ground rooms may be quiet but you need...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TippyLeigh
Royhim Z, Manager at ZUK Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. wil try to handle the mosquitos problem with fogging imediately. and i will tell to all staff in night shift to more attention to detail about guess conviniance, I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Zuk Hotel is a great little boutique hotel down a quiet backstreet in Legian, Kuta. The staff are lovely, so friendly and helpful, the hotel itself is very clean and well looked after, modern rooms, breakfast balcony is a lovely place to chill out, the beds are SO comfy and the pool is a great bonus.

As it seems to be quite a new hotel, there are some teething problems that should be dealt with. For example, we did not get a rubbish bin, our room was not very often cleaned and if we had the light on in our bathroom the fan (I think) was ridiculously loud.... it felt like the room was going to take off!

We had a friend staying in another room who did have a bin, his bathroom did not have a noisy fan AND he also had a shower screen separate shower compartment which we didn't have. We sort of had a wet-room... so maybe these inconsistencies are just due to renovations? Anyway the tip - check a few rooms before choosing the one you want!

Another down point is the hotel is generally quite noisy and echoey. You can hear every single word that is spoken out in the hallways. Most mornings sometimes even 6am it woke us up and my boyfriend had to go and ask them to stop until a sociable hour! (One morning there was even a staff member leaning on our front door talking and laughing at the top of her voice with a colleague)

We stayed a total of 7 days and came back for a further 5 after going up to Ubud. So the above points did not put us off too much, the location was fantastic and as I mentioned the staff lovely I am mentioning these problems more for the manager to see to improve as much as letting other guests know :) I am sure a lot of the problems are easily fixed and will subside once the renovation finishes in a few weeks.

ps. turn left out of the hotel and left again end of the road and there are some brilliant Indonesian Cafes and a fab shake stall - 7000 IDR!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wigglesworldwide
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Positive feedback:
1. Located at a quiet place.
2. Friendly staff.

Negative Feedback:
1. Everything seems like it's falling apart (be gentle when you open any doors, it might fall off)
2. No rubbish bin (where on earth am I gonna the rubbish then?!!)
3. Do not open the cupboard below the sink (it's disgusting)
4. The pillow smells like someone has just slept on it before I checked in (it stinks!!!!!)
5. Towels are definitely off white (dirty!!!!)
6. Pantry is outrageous. Seems like it is not cleaned after preparing breakfast and it's being left in that condition overnight (need to practice some hygiene)
7. Pool is dirty. It needs to be cleaned.
8. Photos on the website doesn't match the place unless the color of the wall which is
red.
9. I won't come back again to this hotel. My expectation of the place was disappointing. I read about the good feedback but it doesn't seem as it is.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Joychong81
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : roy@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. and we are very sorry about inconvieance because we are in under construcstion and renovation..Look forward to seeing you again in ZUK Boutique Hotel Legian

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

we stay for 4 night..overall the hotel is ok and the staff friendly. but 1 of from 3 room i booked the last day when we will check out the platform from the bathroom is broke and water out from the top platform make my friend shocked ! luckily they are fine, so in the end my friend take a shower in my room.
the swimming pool very small and not make interest to swimming, maybe just for make a nice to see.
for the budget hotel ,Hang out, going area legian street is OK !
i think if Zuk hotel give attention for the bathroom more better !

Room Tip: choose the room in ground floor coz the hotel no have lift,
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Royhim Zulfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
favehotel Kuta Square
Grandmas Plus Hotel Legian
Simpang Inn
Simpang Inn
#203 of 251 in Kuta

Been to ZUK Hotel? Share your experiences!