“4 night stay”

Ranked #110 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“4 night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were very happy with the stay at Ozz Hotel.
Our driver was waiting for us at the airport to take us to our room. I'd informed Ozz that is was our anniversary and the room was beautifully decorated for us. The wife was very happy (made me look great!!)
Staff was pretty good, even ordering us McDonald's at 3am!
I wasn't keen on the breakfast, so they happily made me scrambled eggs.
Maybe tea & coffee in the room would have been nice, but all in all pretty good.
No problem with the airport transfer at 5am.
Top marks, Cheers

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Mandurah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Got a Scoopon deal 10 nights for $499. This was for a standard room and I don't think I could stand being in one of those. We upgraded to a superior room which was more spacious and had a couple of drawers and a settee. In the standard there was hardly any bench space and NO drawers. The wardrobe is just an opening about 2' wide with the safe under that. The shower recess is large. The handbasin is outside the bathroom which is a nuisance as you have to go back into bathroom to dry your hands. There is NO space to put toiletries, only a basin. You had to sit your toiletries on top of the safe and your clothes kept knocking them off. All the rooms overlook the pool and some have balconies which was nice, especially being on ground floor. Breakfast was awful, very hit and miss. Ok if you like eggs. Only toast, fruit sometimes, cornflakes only and only sometimes. The hot food ie rice, noodles was nearly always cold. They don't turn the burners on till 8. One morning I said that it was cold and the waiter said they are not allowed to turn burners on till 8 and I said well it's now 8.30. No bacon, tomato. They have prawn crackers there in a container. All these hands going in there. I said PLEASE get some tongs but that never happened. The pool area was nice but 2 days out of order!! If you want cocktails or spirits around the pool, there is none. Only sell bintang and soft drink. We went up a couple of times for ice, but they had none. It's a great location, 5 minute walk to Matahari and to the markets and onto the beach. No tea/coffee facilities. No hairdryer. The standard room we were first offered, the paint was all bubbling off, obviously from moisture. Would I stay here again, don't think so. But ok for the price I guess. They really need to improve the breakfasts!!

Room Tip: Ground floor superior room
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

i was stay here on my Honeymoon. and my expectation is high from what i see on tripadvisor.
but when i stayed, all my good impresion is washed away.

begin on the night. what i get is many mosquitos all round in my room.

second day the breakfast is alacarte. what i get is so small choice of menu, and small amount of drink. its really bad for a three stars hotel like ozz. not only that, when i ordered, the breakfast come so late. its take 30minutes to make a small dish like fried noodle and scramble egg.

on the noon i ordered what i get from package. what happedned is so make me disappoint. they not ready for the order and need 30minutes to prepare the menu. and 30 minutes to prepared the order. hard times i have here in this hotel.

on next days my room always full of mosquitos.

plus side of this hotel, is just near from everywhere. they good located.

thinking twice before i want to stay in this hotel again.

2 Thank Frank F
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Pick up from airport, had to call & wait approximately half hour in the heat.
Upon check in welcomed by the manager and the friendly staff was welcoming; the room was roomy however no coffee or tea facilities. The safe was faulty; had to fix it our selfs.The pool was nice, however there was no sight of pool bar with nice cocktails as advertised. The tiles in the pool were wobbly and had to be fixed with pool filled with water still. Statement of the hotel being new (only opened six months ago) is a bit exaggerating .... The building is badly build we had cracks in the walls in our room...overall I'd give a rough average to this hotel... The service of friendly staff is the greatest value of this hotel. I would suggest to focus on following; breki- have more variation of food each morning not the same food every day; room cleanliness - wipe the floors on the daily basis and the spider webs; room service; have tea and coffee facilities, hair drier, etc... We wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Munnie M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night stay just to have the feel of Kuta Town before departure. It was quite surprising to find such a quiet hotel in the middle of the hectic Kuta Town. The location is quite unknown to most taxi drivers, but we used Hotel Bakungsari and Warung Nikmat as a guide. The room was fine, the pool was huge and clean while the service was excellent. It is very close to the airport; they can send u there for a price, but they can also call taxi for you. Overall, it was a fine hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: Our room is 107 just in front of the pool. Very convenient.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pearl_lynely
brookings sd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband traveled to Bali for a conference, and I came along to experience the island.
We had a very nice stay in the Ozz Hotel. I found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool is lovely and kept in perfect condition. The breakfast was adequate; fresh fruit, beverages, toast, and several Asian dishes. It is just a short walk to the beach, and the nearest convenience store is just out the back entrance and our the driveway. The hotel is in a busy area, and yet it is quiet and serene. Unfortunately, the next hotel we stayed in was not nearly so nice. I want to say again how friendly and helpful the staff was. I really liked this place!

Room Tip: Our room was great, but I don't remember the number! It was directly across the pool from the c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank hollyhock-lover
Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm guilty of not reviewing hotels as often as I should but decided in this case to make an exception after a lovely nights stay at the OZz on my last night in Bali. The hotel is not on the main strip of hotels/hostels but the directions of the website were excellent and I didn't have a problem locating it myself on foot using the map provided. It's in a great location; close enough to the city of Kuta for the beach/shops/bars but far enough away for peace and quiet.It's a bit like an oasis amongst the hecticness that is Kuta. Room was immaculate, staff could not do enough, breakfast delicious. It was very quiet being a new hotel but I'm not complaining about that! Only critisim is that they has some really annoying relaxation music on loop in the reception/pool area, It would be far better to but a mixture of music on. Staff went out of there way to help me in terms of my various requests for getting a booking pass for my flights and storing luggage when I had a late flight. I would definitely stay here again, a brilliant end to my holiday in Indonesia.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo