“Great location, helpful staff”
Review of Ozz Hotel Kuta

Ozz Hotel Kuta
Ranked #108 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great location, helpful staff”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights with friends. Was a great place, close to all Kuta attractions, beach, water park, night life, restaurants and shopping. Rooms were good, bed was awesome!! The hotel staff were all really friendly and courteous, often going out of their way to help us. The only slightly negative thing is the breakfast wasn't very appealing. Pool was good, centrally located with rooms around it. All in all, a good time had. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 January 2014

OK place to stay at if you're staying in Kuta. Not beachfront--but those are expensive and noisy anyway. OZz is quiet, but just walking distance (10-15 mins) from everything like the beach, Waterbom Park, Discovery Mall Kuta, restaurants, ATM, etc. 20min drive to the airport too. If your driver knows what he's doing, he can avoid the main roads and use shortcuts to get to the hotel to avoid Kuta traffic. There's a central pool which is fantastic for night swimming, lounging around with a bottle of beer, or entertaining the kids when they get antsy.

The staff was nice enough to point out that being a family of 5, we would have to take 2 taxis to get to places so they recommended their hotel transport instead. Turned out to be a fantastic idea as we could keep the fam together AND arrange for pick-up, for only IDR30-50k more than if we took taxis.

Rooms & breakfast are basic, not much to comment there.

Points of concern:
- Inefficient but manageable bathroom design--just be careful not to flood your bathroom! We had to have the staff make up the room every day just for that.
- Staff speaks limited English--is ok for the most part but maybe not for those with strong accents.
- Repeat breakfasts--if you want more variety, I suggest you just skip this.
- Our airport pick-up messed up my name on his sign at the exit gate. He wrote the airline name instead, misspelled it too. My family had a laugh over it, but I realize this might have become a big issue if I had missed his sign.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
virignia
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is an old hotel under new name, the rooms are small and dated, not good value for money.

The staffs are courteous, the location is good if you like to walk everywhere.

Now the reason for one star rating. I traveled with my family but occupied a room by myself, I closed and locked the door before I turned in. At around 1:30am, I was awaken by a few beeping noises, it is fortunate that the hotel room lock is a touch card system meaning that it beeps when there is something blocking the sensor. Obviously someone is right outside my hotel room and the door was opened the next moment, I yelled out loud immediately, I startled the guy and he yelled back 'sorry' and ran away. I jumped out from my bed and went to the door, there was no sign of that person in the corridor already. I immediately phoned the front desk to report the incident, to my surprise the front desk did not sound surprise and simply said they will look into it.
When I followed up with the front desk the next morning, I was told it was a mistake made by their engineering guy who tried to finish some repair that he didn't know his colleague has completed. I didn't buy the story one bit, the guy has to be working at 1:30am, has to be misinformed about a room needed repair, and also misinformed about a guest was staying there, and more importantly opened a room that has been locked from inside. If I hadn't been awaken by the beeps, I wondered what would have happened to my purse where I kept my passport and money. Stay away from this hotel unless you want to take your chance!

Stayed November 2013

4. Friendly hotel officer/ clerk
5. Nice swimming pool
6. Spacious car parking lot
7. We (me and family) had a good sleep

Room Tip: Nice to have ground floor room on the pool side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Darwin
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had a scoopon deal which was really good value, transfers from and to airport. breakfast, free internet. The staff were really nice and friendly, limited English, but it wasn't a problem at all. The rooms were comfortable, a little disappointed there were no coffee and tea making facilities, dvd in the room was great we could test out our dvds whilst there. As mentioned in other posts, mosquitoes were a problem (mosquitoes are a problem all over Bali) but the hotel did fog/spray one night we were there, we also bought our own tin of spray and bombed the room and that was very effective, dead bodies everywhere - I think the cleaners must've got a bit of a surprise the next day. Breakfast was basic but sufficient, omelette and fried eggs were great, loved the pickles and sambal/chilli - very nice. Great location, I would stay again if I got another great deal with scoopon or other company.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were very happy with the stay at Ozz Hotel.
Our driver was waiting for us at the airport to take us to our room. I'd informed Ozz that is was our anniversary and the room was beautifully decorated for us. The wife was very happy (made me look great!!)
Staff was pretty good, even ordering us McDonald's at 3am!
I wasn't keen on the breakfast, so they happily made me scrambled eggs.
Maybe tea & coffee in the room would have been nice, but all in all pretty good.
No problem with the airport transfer at 5am.
Top marks, Cheers

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mandurah
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Got a Scoopon deal 10 nights for $499. This was for a standard room and I don't think I could stand being in one of those. We upgraded to a superior room which was more spacious and had a couple of drawers and a settee. In the standard there was hardly any bench space and NO drawers. The wardrobe is just an opening about 2' wide with the safe under that. The shower recess is large. The handbasin is outside the bathroom which is a nuisance as you have to go back into bathroom to dry your hands. There is NO space to put toiletries, only a basin. You had to sit your toiletries on top of the safe and your clothes kept knocking them off. All the rooms overlook the pool and some have balconies which was nice, especially being on ground floor. Breakfast was awful, very hit and miss. Ok if you like eggs. Only toast, fruit sometimes, cornflakes only and only sometimes. The hot food ie rice, noodles was nearly always cold. They don't turn the burners on till 8. One morning I said that it was cold and the waiter said they are not allowed to turn burners on till 8 and I said well it's now 8.30. No bacon, tomato. They have prawn crackers there in a container. All these hands going in there. I said PLEASE get some tongs but that never happened. The pool area was nice but 2 days out of order!! If you want cocktails or spirits around the pool, there is none. Only sell bintang and soft drink. We went up a couple of times for ice, but they had none. It's a great location, 5 minute walk to Matahari and to the markets and onto the beach. No tea/coffee facilities. No hairdryer. The standard room we were first offered, the paint was all bubbling off, obviously from moisture. Would I stay here again, don't think so. But ok for the price I guess. They really need to improve the breakfasts!!

Room Tip: Ground floor superior room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple