“Hotel with great location”

The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor
Ranked #19 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Overall our stay was pleasant. The room was comfortable (standard room) and clean, though there was shortages of warm water in the shower. The gym is useless, only couple of treadmills and the only machine with weights was out of order. The staff is very friendly and the location is great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerTKBH-Bali, General Manager at The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Jenni R,

I thank you for your comments and appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Indeed we have 1 machine with weight and unfortunately we are waiting for a spare part as I write. Nevetheless I would rephrase the 'Useless gym" to " minimum equipped " as besides treadmills with have bicycles, drum bells and other light equipment.
But I agree that this is a gym for holiday makers to keep them fit, like in many hotels around, but not to follow heavy training for championships.
I thank you again for your comments

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel room we got was very nice and spacious. We thought we got a very good deal for it...until we checked out! I made a booking for a deluxe room but was given a Junior Suite room without knowing it, until I got the bill at check out!

But that was not the first disappointment we experienced. On our first night, the water heater was not working! Imagine yourself looking forward to a nice warm bath after a cold evening swim in their rooftop pool, only to have a cold shower waiting for you in your room. Another disappointing thing about this hotel is the shower room marble tiles! Be very careful when you take a shower. My daughter almost hit her head on the floor! When we asked for rubber matting, they also did not have any!

Another thing that disappointed me was the very limited food choices in their restaurant.

The good thing about this hotel though is its location. The beach is right across the street. There is also a convenience store located at the hotel basement for your needs. 24-hour Mc Donald's is just a few doors down, as well as Hard Rock. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful also.

Room Tip: Emphasize that you booked a standard room at check-in.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear GIAJane,

I thank you to take the time to write a review and regret that you were not completely satisfied with our services.
We have started a new menu 1 week ago that provide a wide variety of international and local dishes.
We now have rubber mats available should a guest request.
I thank you again for your comments that allow us to constantly improve our services and wish to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 18 August 2014

i searched for a hotel to stay at kuta , bali for a week and after a long search decided to choose kuta beach heritage hotel , checked the ratings through trip advisor and was a little not sure about it . but decided to go through and booked it for a whole week and payed in front. it was a package deal so i got a free airport pick up which the hotel contacted me a couple of days a head and arranged the driver to be at the airport . after arriving to the hotel for checking in , i was amazed by the smiles and greeting i got , free welcoming drinks and a warm towel , which was a nice gesture of the staff there . the process only took about 15 minutes and i was impressed of that .through out the whole stay , the services were outstanding ,the staff were devoted for my comfort . the house keeping were amazing , and punctual . there was a celebration day at the hotel , cant remember the name but i liked the way how a staff knocked on my door and delivered me an invitation to it , which was a real nice thing of them to do .i had to extend my stay for a couple of hours and the hotel staff were helpful in getting me a good price and at the end they arranged my airpot driver which it was sad to leaf Bali and to leaf such an amazing hotel . defiantly coming back to this hotel . thank you

Room Tip: i booked the cheapest room they got, which was nice and comfortable but the view is not that much .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Saud30,

I thank you for your review and am pleased that you had a very pleasant stay with us.
I am also happy that you appreciated our employees and passed your comments on them.
I wish to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed there for one night, the hotel is ok, the room is clean. We stayed on first floor and got balcony there. It faces to kuta beach. Too bad we cant see the beach clearly because got big tree there. Its close to everything. Got beach walk mall on your right side, hard rock on your left side and beach in front of you. At night, you still can listen to music from the neighbor shop at night. It is fine for me and i enjoy it

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanus A,

I thank you to take the time to write a review and am happy that you had a pleasant stay with us.
I wish to have the opprtunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed 6 nights in this hotel in August 2014.
First, i would like to say that this is definitely not a 5-star hotel. Here are the reasons why:

1) Bad smell in bathrooms - we stayed in Junior Suite 209 and Deluxe room 212, but the smell was terrible in both of them.

2) Noise from the pool pump in room number 212 did not let us to have a sleep and they were fixing this problem for more than 2 hours.

3) The service is bad - waiters did not remember all that you order even if they repeat the order to you and you will be lucky if on breakfasts you will find any steward faster than in 10 minutes - they are never in dining hall.

4) Towel service downstairs that should provide you with towels for the beach never have towels actually - for 6 days of our stay, they had towels only twice!

All these observations were communicated to quality manager - unfortunately, I did not remember her name, so she moved us from Deluxe room to Junior Suite and provided us with complimentary massage.
However, as I said problems with bad smell, towel service and overall service quality unfortunately remained the same.
Breakfast is o.k., we had one lunch and one dinner in the hotel - the food is better in outside restaurants like Sardinia and Hard Rock Cafe with the same prices.
The only really good thing about this hotel is location - it is in front of the beach, sorrounded wiith shopping area and restaurants.

I think that it is possible to find much more better hotels in Kuta in this price range.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Viorel89,

I thank you for your comments that I read with attention and regret that you were not provided the expected service. Indeed we had a few technical issues that are being adressed right now so that it wont re-occur.
I wish you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future and you will be able to judge the progresses made.
I thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and has good facilities. The rooms are large and modern and balcony is nice to look at Kuta beach. This hotel really is in the heart of Kuta close to shops,food and entertainment. The staff are really friendly and most helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Texan4855
ManagerTKBH-Bali, General Manager at The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Texan4855,

I thank you for your review and am glad to read that you enjoyed the comfort of the room and the quality of our employees.
I wish to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is not really heritage except if you see it from outside. The entrance to the hotel just does not justify the room rates. Once you enter, it is quite nice. The roons are not very big but very comfortable and with nice amenities. The view from the room was not good at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Born Traveller 72,

I thank you for your review and regret to ear that you were nor entirely satisfied with your stay.
Indeed the lobby is uner completion and should be completely operational end of august.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms.
For your next stay you may choose among different rooms categories with seaview at higher level.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.