“Well Priced, Good Location”

EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia
Ranked #33 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Toronto, Canada
“Well Priced, Good Location”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Overall very clean and lively hotel. They have entertainment by the pool from somewhere around 5-7. Food was fantastic and you're only a 15 minute walk from Kuta Beach. Would stay here again although Kuta Beach itself isn't that great (polluted and harassed a lot on the beach to purchase something or have your picture taken) so probably wouldn't return to this area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
EDEN Hotel K, General Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Jenny B,

Many thanks for your review .I always happy to read that your stay at Eden Hotel Kuta was a nice one . Our location is indeed perfect for who wants to be in the heart of the city without being in the hassle and bustle of Kuta beach .

I am also happy that you liked our food . I hope to welcome you again soon

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spotted this hotel being built last year and decided to try this hotel during a recent one month holiday in Bali. I booked this hotel direct thru their website @ $61AUD per night for 4 nights. The day previous to our stay, I noted one nights accommodation payment had been debited from my account. Upon check in, I brought this to the staff attention, who were not sure why this had occurred, but apologised regardless of this. I was then asked to pay for the entire 4 nights stay, I pointed out that I had already paid for one night, so I was only to pay three nights to which staff agreed that this was correct. After settling into our room, I receive a phone call from reception asking me to come and pay the balance outstanding. I once again went to reception and spoke with the duty manager who agaain apologised for any misunderstanding and explained that the money should not have been taken and requested I pay cash for one nights accommodation and they would refund the money taken the previous day from my card. I questioned this practice as it seemed very unusual, with the manager stating the money taken would be refunded to my account immediately, as I was sceptical I questioned several times regarding my account being refunded but the manager insisted my account would be refunded immediately, reassuring me that she would do this immediately. I paid the cash reluctantly and settled in for our 4 night stay. A few days after check out, I noticed my account had not been refunded and fer emailing hotel was told they would look into this matter. I received a reply shortly after, reassuring me that they would refund my account ASAP, after I was previously told this had already been done a week ago, was lied to and felt ripped off. Management once aware we're quick to assist, but a week had already passed and after several reassurances this matter was sorted once the error was identified, it was in fact not rectified during my stay, leading to myself having to sort the issue while still on holidays.
The plumbing in this hotel is absolutely atrocious, we have stayed in many hotel around Bali cheap to luxury and this is by far the worst I have ever, ever experienced having to run the water for 5 minutes and vacating the room while doing so due to the overwhelming stench of sewerage, as previous posters have mentioned lack of insulation in the rooms leading to guests being awoken due to other guests, staff with trolleys early morning, no alcohol at swim up bar although they do have happy hour,  transport touts at desk before even getting out onto street harassing you. Rooms spacious and modern although beginning to show signs of wear and tear, no furniture on balcony, small and useless fridge, housekeeping services good, room service good value for money. Negatives far outweighed the positives, very disappointed as we were really looking forward to staying here, and we had a first time visitor to Bali who also had the same negative experience with this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel, nor will we return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Liz F,

Thank you for your recent stay at Eden Kuta Bali.

I am also disappointed that we were not able to explain and help you better .

I personally took care to send you an email explaining why you had to wait a few days before having your money refunded on your credit card . I am sorry this issue ruined your stay with us .

Do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm@myedenhotel-kuta-bali.com and I will make sure your next stay will be a memorable one .

Lombok
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Received a great rest from work as we transitioned to leaving Indonesia. Excellent facility for whatever purpose. We enjoyed the pool, the EXCELLENT breakfast and the closeness to everything in Kuta. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: choose a room around the main pool or on upper floors. Rooms were quiet and private.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl C
Dear Earl C,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Its very nice to know that you loved our pool, breakfast and location.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eden Kuta Bali .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Myself and family stayed for a week. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are very clean. We have stayed in a few hotels in Bali over the years but the Eden is by far the best. Yes it was a bit noisy some nights but that is just inconsiderate people and not the hotels fault. The food is superb. Only criticism would be that the fridge is very small. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Amanda C
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I paid USD40 per night via agoda. Good value. Decent location. Short walk to discover mall and about 20 mins walk along shops to Hard Rock. Rooms comes with pool view with balcony. However the sound insulation is bad. I would hear people walking and talking along the corridors. I keep walking up. Also the house keepers cart was noisy. Other rooms doors were banging away and I jump out from my bed at least 2 times in the morning because if it. The hotel should have some sound insulation for the walls and corridors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
EDEN Hotel K, General Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Edling77

Thank you for your review.

I regret to read that you were being woken up during your night at Eden Hotel Kuta.We are going to make sure that our guests are not disturbed by too much noise .

I hope I will be able to welcome you again at Eden Hotel Kuta, Bali .

Best Regards

Nowra, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here with friends, I was on the second floor and the Rooms are clean and well looked after. My first impression was that I paid for the room for 3 nights and thought I had paid 4 nights got to the reception and they charged me 500,000IDR extra. The Shower has a smell but run it for 5 minute and goes away. No chairs out on the balcony I had to use the little green stool or sit on the ground. 1st night it was very noisy but my friend was on the third floor and had no noise. No alcohol served at the pool bar. All staff are friendly and welcoming. Food is very yummy. We seen the fire dancers which was a stunning show and They have a great musical atmosphere.

Room Tip: Shower has a smell but run for 5 minutes and it is gone and Fridge is small and got lots of snacks a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Newtravellerkazza

Thanks for the time you took to share your experience at Eden Hotel Kuta .

I am glad to read that overall you had a good stay .I feel sorry though that your night was noisy .
We are constantly trying to improve our service and reducing noise is one of our priority now.
The smell in the shower is now fixed .

I hope I will welcome you again soon .

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Me and my husband stayed in this lovely resort to celebrate our honeymoon. It's was nice stay since i got a surprise upon my arrival. They were set up our room with a small decoration that makes our honeymoon amazing. i love the staff service. they are very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue L
Dear Sue L

Many Thanks for your very positive comments following your stay at Eden Kuta .

We love to make our honeymooners surprises so that they never forget that unique moment in life.

Looking forward to welcoming again .