“incredibly noisy hotel”

Ranked #56 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“incredibly noisy hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

New hotel, pleasant staff, but oh so noisy! People shouting in the pool at 3am, loud music starts at the pool bar around 9am, anyone walking in the hall way sounded like they were in your room the doors were that thin. Then if you forgot to put your "do not disturb" out you were woken at 8.30am by very insistent banging on the door to ask if you had any laundry! Balcony lights don't go off till 1am with no block out curtains the room stays very light. The bathroom door is glass so if you need to go at night the light wakes your partner. Lastly for the drinkers the only alcohol the Pool bar serves is beer. Couldn't stay at this hotel again I like my sleep too much.

Room Tip: Stay well away from the main pool, suggest facing the children's pool instead
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diane Y
EDEN Hotel K, General Manager at EDEN Hotel Kuta Bali - Managed by Tauzia, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Diane Y,

Thank you for the time you spent sharing your comment after your stay at Eden Hotel Kuta Bali.

I am really sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are aware of the noise issue and are working to reduce it .

Looking forward to welcoming you again .

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We saw this hotel being built last year and it appeared nice when we asked to have a look at a room, and they showed us a suite, . We decided to book for 10 nights in the Eden room through Agoda. The room was very small and a lot of wasted space, the wardrobe only had enough room for about 6 items to hang up, 1 small draw and a couple of small shelves, not enough for 2 people, it is also in a difficult place to open the doors. It has 1 stool and a wavy seat to sit on, no outside chairs, hardly any shelf space to put a computer on and no chair to sit to the computer. The fridge is so small it is useless. The smell coming from the shower is terrible some days. The noise is the biggest problem from the pool and the corridoors no security patrolling, after 4 days had to complain and get another room facing the road which was a lot better. The staff are are all very helpful and friendly the breakfast was lovely and the hotel is very clean. The hotel does look like it is needs lots of repairs.

Room Tip: Do not get a room overlooking the pool even on the 3rd floor it was noisy. Ended up with a corner r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leolia B
Dear Leolia B,

Thank you for your review .

I am equally disappointed that we were not able to provide a memorable stay for your holiday in Bali .I remember having a chat with you during breakfast and helping you moving to a much quieter room .

Hopefully the last 3 nights were a much better experience.

We already fixed the smell issue and we are doing our best to reduce noise whenever it is possible .

Do not hesitate to contact me directly next time on gm@myedenhotel-kuta-bali.com and I will make sure you get a room matching your needs from the start.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very nice hotel friendly pool staff with fantastic singers and fire dancing performers. The pool and the atmosphere is the best part of the hotel. Very nice singing. Recommend Andy learning let her go - passenger. Thanks for the stay and the amazing pool players ;)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Richo27
Dear Richo27,

Many thanks for your review and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy you appreciate our entertainment staff ,they are going out of their way to make your stay a memorable one .

They will be singing soon not only around the main pool but also in the restaurant and in our lounge deck .

Really looking forward to singing for you again soon

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Overall very clean and lively hotel. They have entertainment by the pool from somewhere around 5-7. Food was fantastic and you're only a 15 minute walk from Kuta Beach. Would stay here again although Kuta Beach itself isn't that great (polluted and harassed a lot on the beach to purchase something or have your picture taken) so probably wouldn't return to this area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jenny B,

Many thanks for your review .I always happy to read that your stay at Eden Hotel Kuta was a nice one . Our location is indeed perfect for who wants to be in the heart of the city without being in the hassle and bustle of Kuta beach .

I am also happy that you liked our food . I hope to welcome you again soon

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spotted this hotel being built last year and decided to try this hotel during a recent one month holiday in Bali. I booked this hotel direct thru their website @ $61AUD per night for 4 nights. The day previous to our stay, I noted one nights accommodation payment had been debited from my account. Upon check in, I brought this to the staff attention, who were not sure why this had occurred, but apologised regardless of this. I was then asked to pay for the entire 4 nights stay, I pointed out that I had already paid for one night, so I was only to pay three nights to which staff agreed that this was correct. After settling into our room, I receive a phone call from reception asking me to come and pay the balance outstanding. I once again went to reception and spoke with the duty manager who agaain apologised for any misunderstanding and explained that the money should not have been taken and requested I pay cash for one nights accommodation and they would refund the money taken the previous day from my card. I questioned this practice as it seemed very unusual, with the manager stating the money taken would be refunded to my account immediately, as I was sceptical I questioned several times regarding my account being refunded but the manager insisted my account would be refunded immediately, reassuring me that she would do this immediately. I paid the cash reluctantly and settled in for our 4 night stay. A few days after check out, I noticed my account had not been refunded and fer emailing hotel was told they would look into this matter. I received a reply shortly after, reassuring me that they would refund my account ASAP, after I was previously told this had already been done a week ago, was lied to and felt ripped off. Management once aware we're quick to assist, but a week had already passed and after several reassurances this matter was sorted once the error was identified, it was in fact not rectified during my stay, leading to myself having to sort the issue while still on holidays.
The plumbing in this hotel is absolutely atrocious, we have stayed in many hotel around Bali cheap to luxury and this is by far the worst I have ever, ever experienced having to run the water for 5 minutes and vacating the room while doing so due to the overwhelming stench of sewerage, as previous posters have mentioned lack of insulation in the rooms leading to guests being awoken due to other guests, staff with trolleys early morning, no alcohol at swim up bar although they do have happy hour,  transport touts at desk before even getting out onto street harassing you. Rooms spacious and modern although beginning to show signs of wear and tear, no furniture on balcony, small and useless fridge, housekeeping services good, room service good value for money. Negatives far outweighed the positives, very disappointed as we were really looking forward to staying here, and we had a first time visitor to Bali who also had the same negative experience with this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel, nor will we return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Liz F,

Thank you for your recent stay at Eden Kuta Bali.

I am also disappointed that we were not able to explain and help you better .

I personally took care to send you an email explaining why you had to wait a few days before having your money refunded on your credit card . I am sorry this issue ruined your stay with us .

Do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm@myedenhotel-kuta-bali.com and I will make sure your next stay will be a memorable one .

Lombok
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Received a great rest from work as we transitioned to leaving Indonesia. Excellent facility for whatever purpose. We enjoyed the pool, the EXCELLENT breakfast and the closeness to everything in Kuta. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: choose a room around the main pool or on upper floors. Rooms were quiet and private.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl C
Dear Earl C,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Its very nice to know that you loved our pool, breakfast and location.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eden Kuta Bali .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Myself and family stayed for a week. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are very clean. We have stayed in a few hotels in Bali over the years but the Eden is by far the best. Yes it was a bit noisy some nights but that is just inconsiderate people and not the hotels fault. The food is superb. Only criticism would be that the fridge is very small. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014