“Much Better Than Those Tourist Traps!”
Review of Warung Sunset

Warung Sunset
Ranked #223 of 1,215 Restaurants in Kuta
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: Indonesian, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Warung Sunset offers various mouth-watering cuisines. Some of the signature dishes are Pork Ribs, Crispy Pork Knuckle and Mixed Satays/Skewers. With a spacious garden, Warung Sunset is a perfect hideaway from the noisy city life.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Much Better Than Those Tourist Traps!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Half rack of pork ribs with pepper sauce at US$8, and it's delicious to the bone! I think this is among the best deals in the island. This place makes those well-known pork ribs joints becoming mere tourist traps. Even the simple potato wedges are extra crunchy and delightful.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Tangerang, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow... Best food ever”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a heaven for ribs lover....the Honey Glazed Pork ribs is one of the best i ever taste...
Well presented and soo yummmy...most of the menus are excellent, had an opportunity to eat there twice for lunch and dinner....

An excellent & well presented food ever....congrats guys, good job

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ahartono72
Bali, Indonesia
“Doesn't live up to expectations”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We've been wanting to tryout this place for so many times, being an avid ribs lover. We hesitated for some time because at night time the place looks dimly lighted and empty.

Today we take the plunge and tried this out. I'll review the dishes so you can have an idea of the food & place.

Ordered the house special half rack ribs with sweet & spicy flavour (pedas manis) for 75k. Size-wise it's normal half-rack size, meat was succulent but taste was not flavourful enough. No sides comes with any of the dishes. Rice was 6k extra.

Ordered day special of Sei Babi, smoked pork with sambal matah and sambal mercon. Again, flavours are lacking and I truly felt the chilli was the star of the dish, which is not good. Portion was decent.

Finally ordered mashed potatoes for 20k because my husband was feeling for it. Bad, bad choice! We honestly believed the potatoes comes from one of those instant supermarket package as it's dry, tasteless and just awful. We didn't even want to take more than 1 spoonful each.

All in all, staff service was good. Place was huge but too many plants brought many mosquito friend to us. I don't know if it's just us, but our plates were spotty and when we wiped it, voila! Tissue was black with dust on it.

Sorry, but we're not coming back again. Once is enough.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Family Lunch at the Cozy Place”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great, almost perfect meal, we had pork ribs (bakar saus madu dan goreng), combination satay (rica2 and else), plecing kangkung on our first visit and can recommend everything. They certainly know how to fix food there! And best of all the food was very reasonably priced! Highly recommended!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dheewee
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice Restaurant in Sunset road”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I love to eat pork ribs, and I had tried wahaha lot times. I can said this is the 2nd best restaurant pork ribs I have tried in sunset road. I like the decoration a lot which is using the indonesia traditional decoration, it is amazing decoration. I tried the sop buntut there, I can give suggestions to improve as the taste is not excellent, and bit not tasty.

recommended business travellers who is having very busy time which is having short time in Bali, would like to have time which is not covered by the jam. Sunset Road is the best place.

• Visited July 2013