“Refurbished nice hotel bad location”

White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa
Ranked #47 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel is situated right next to the memorial and the night clubs, the hotel rooms have been refurbished, they have removed the bath tub and replaced with a nice glass shower and new toilet. The room it self has not changed, quite spacious and nice balcony. Not good for young teenagers as the wall is very wide and is perfect for sitting on which makes it very dangerous while drinking. The pool is lovely and warm, and the staff are very friendly. The breakfast is nice with a variety of foods. The night life goes all night so therefore not a great location if you want to relax and sleep in, the music can be heard blaring away all night from your room, and very noisy people returning drunk from the night life back to their rooms. Overall I would classify it as a three star.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank awaggers
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Awaggers,

Greetings from Legian – Bali!

Thank you for staying at White Rose Hotel & Villas, and for setting your time posting the review on us. We appreciate your valuable feedback and suggestions. Thank you for complimenting our staff and food variety. As you pointed out correctly, we have renovated most of our rooms and we’ll continue working on improving all aspects of our hotel as to give our guests a most comfortable stay. We hope you will plan another stay with us in the near future.

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here in the family villa for two nights was amazing so much room for our family of 4 kids and 2 adults. Also stayed here again in feb 2013 for our wedding. Stayed in the deluxe room was beautiful ice cold aircon great for getting ready for my wedding. The wedding planner at the hotel went above and beyond for me and our guests. Making sure we were all close together. The ceremony was amazing and the white rose is such a beautiful place to get married. Everything was amazing nothing too much trouble and they were very accommodating to our needs. After our guests left the hotel we checked into the private pool villas in the white rose complex and what a whole new world. They are amazing so so peaceful and so worth the extra dollars for my hubby and I to enjoy some time together. Highly recommend the pool villas if you are a couple travelling without kids.

Room Tip: Deluxe. Family villa or pool villa
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TC852013
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear TC852013,

Greetings from your home away from home!

I am so delighted to hear from you again after your last stay. My team and I were honored to be part of your important day, and what made us most ecstatic was to know that both of you had an amazing romantic getaway with us. We were very happy that you loved your villa and that your wedding ceremony went smoothly as planned. Thank you for sharing the details of your stay in your review. Your kind word has been passed on to the whole team as to give us all support to continue working on exceeding every guest’s expectation. We’re hoping that you will visit us again in the near future. Until then, I am wishing you and your husband everlasting happiness!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've been staying at the white rose for 10 years, as reviews say, location, security, cleanliness and value with a fabulous pool have always been its attraction. This year I have found its turned into the Aussie bogan Capital, we all know the types. Despite travelling at the same time for years I have never been effected by the football / rugby teams, end of season, International match, party town at the white rose. This trips been disgraceful and the hotel staff, whilst agreeing its disgusting, apologised for the behaviour but have done absolutely nothing about it or to manage it.

There were over 40 guys (between 20 and 40 yr olds) from several teams and every night, without exaggeration security has been called to the pool area where they partied, sometimes several times. My patience dwindles at 2.30am by 4.30am on my third call to security I'm out of patience entirely. Especially I when there are still plenty of places open outside this hotel they could be partying at. We had a pool side room and the front garden has was used to urinate in all night on several nights as well as being woken when they've vomited into it at 4.30am.... It stinks and yet, still nothing done by hotel management.

The pool went cloudy from all the urine and sunscreen, the filter is not keeping up since it never seemed to be shut down long enough. Families moved their children out of the area in addition to guests not feeling comfortable poolside thanks to obscene and explicit language, bottle tops being left around the pool and glass bottles being broken. This is in addition to the nudity and sexually natured acts that other guests had to step in to shut down as the security and staff turned a blind eye (there were 3 children present). I guess you can't expect too much from security given I also caught them bringing in 10 professional women for guests.... At the end of my stay, before the 'schoolies' moved in they took away most of their soiled mattresses...

Despite repeated discussions with management, security and staff only occasionally stepped in when requested but the teams ignored daily requests to tone it down and it's not being reinforced despite the volume being clearly heard from reception 50 mtrs away. I expect this type of behaviour at Troppo zone, Bounty and some of the cheaper and well known Aussie "good time" hotels but I expected much more from the white rose.....

Whilst I don't hold the hotel responsible for the revolting guests, the extent they were allowed to trash the hotel and disrupt everyone else's holidays was disgusting. The hotel did nothing to ensure the remaining guests were unaffected or compensated. This trip will be my last here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank BTG313
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear BTG313,

We hope this message find you and your family well.

First of all, on behalf of the management of White Rose Hotel & Villas, I would like to apologize for the incident that involved some challenging guests in the hotel that had affected your vacation. It saddens us that you had to leave the hotel in a much less positive note; however, we are thankful that you gave us such valuable feedback that gave us a chance to improve our service. Our security and other staff did try to manage the situations to the best of their respective capacities to minimize disturbance to other guests. Please rest assured that your concern has also been ours, and we have conducted a meeting with all department heads to address the issue as to anticipate when similar incidents reoccur in the future. We agree with you that measures should be taken to make our hotel areas comfortable and safe for all guests, especially young ones, and we implement those measures in a regular basis. Please also be informed that our Management has decided that the AFL group was the last one we hosted and there will be none of the like to stay in our hotel again. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and for your constructive feedback that showed us how much you cared about our hotel. We understand that the unfortunate incident was far from being pleasant; however, we are sincerely hoping that you will plan to spend another getaway in White Rose in the near future. Please extend our best regard to your family!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Once again on my 17th stay 19th September to 17th October at the White Rose hotel I am still amazed at how helpful the staff are, from all levels. My room was clean and comfortable. Close to many good restaurants and shopping it is a haven after being on Legian street. I had my mobility walker this year and it was not a problem as so many people were willing to help me. Don't stay home because you have a disability, someone will always help you to gain all the experiences Bali has to offer. Being so close to Poppies 2 is an added bonus. There were quite a few rowdy rugby and Afl players who did not have respect for other guests but speaking to management they hape to address this better in the future. Love it there.

Room Tip: Being on the ground floor is the best if you have problems with stairs, they cost a bit more but are...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Maureen2020

Dear Maureen 2020,

Greetings from us at White Rose Hotel & Villas!

It was pleasure to hear again from you, and we are delighted to learn that you made most of your time at White Rose. Thank you for your kind word with regards to our staff. We do keep raising our bar high when it comes to service to make sure that our guests’ needs are well accommodated. We are also glad that you liked your room, and we hope that you will plan another stay with us in the near future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed in 501 - Private Villa. My new partner and my first trip together and the privacy with our own pool was great. The big bed and furnishings were perfect. The shower was fantastic with plenty of room and I cannt fault the villa experience. The staff were very friendly and breakfast was great. The location of the resport is terrific, just behind Ground Zero monument and it was quiet at night, despite being so close to the main street Jalan legian. Restaurants nearby were very good with live entertainment in the evening. The Balanese BBQ with traditional dancing at the resport was a highlight. I am going back next year staying in the main resport, with my daughter.

Room Tip: The private villa is the way to go to enhance romance
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear GeoffNewby,

Greetings from White Rose Hotel & Villas!

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel in your vacation. We are pleased to know that you had a memorable stay with us, and we were happy to be part of your getaway. Thank you for sharing some highlights of your stay to other travelers. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your daughter to our hotel next year!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

If you're heading to Bali for a relaxing time laying by to pool having a few quiet drinks etc, stay somewhere else. We have been here two week and have two or three days without drunken football teams swearing and yelling, drinking in the pool without getting out for the toilet, breaking bottles blah blah.
Whilst I accept the hotel cannot be held responsible for the behaviour of guests I am disappointed with the lack of response to complaints.
I am all in favour of peoples right to party, god knows I've done my share, but there must be a line somewhere before grown men are naked in a pool in front of children or other safety is jeopardised!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Craig R,

Greetings from Bali!

It is disheartening to learn that your stay with us was not gratifying due to some other guests’ offensive acts. We truly appreciate your nice effort to bring this issue to our attention. We agree that stronger measures need to be taken in the future as to keep our guests and hotel environment safe. And for this reason, our Management has decided not to host another AFL party and the like in the future.

Once again, thank you for your showing your concern and giving us feedback. Please rest assured that creating safe environment for our guests is one of our major objectives, and we will keep improving ourself in all levels.

We will look forward to welcoming you back at White Rose. In the meantime, we are wishing you and your family well.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very close to shops and attractions. Rooms were pretty good, food not so good. Pool was good and the staff were great! Fantastic to be so close to attractions like the Water Bom Park and all the shops. Was also great to be so close to the Memorial Site of the Bali Bombings.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassandra H

Dear Cassandra H,

Hoping this message finds you well.

Thank you for staying with us in your recent holiday. We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time, and we hope that you will plan your next visit soon. We look forward to your next stay at White Rose Hotel & Villas.