“A nice hotel in a great location”

White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa
Ranked #47 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“A nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times over the years and find it to be one of the best locations I've stayed at for Kuta oriented trips. The breakfast here is great and the whole place has always been fairly quiet and relaxing. The pool is nice but nothing more than that. I find the rooms to be appropriately priced and the staff are always so friendly.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Margaret River, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Just read a couple of other reviews and saw one "Too Loud For Oldies" I'm almost 55 and missus not too far behind and I reckon the White Rose is one of the quieter hotels we have stayed at in 15+ visits to Bali
We were at White Rose when the FIFA world cup final was on and yes it got loud around the pool area at 4am but hey this is once every 4 years and not a big drama, in a holiday city you have to expect holiday activities.
As the title say's our 3rd time at this hotel and with such choice if we weren't happy we would have found something else by now.... nice location and great staff with perfect breakfast, the only let down is the hotels dinner menu, we have only tried it 3 times and we aren't that impressed but plenty of choice within walking distance, we will be back

Room Tip: We have had rooms at the back end of the hotel and almost on the pool edge, pool can be louder at ti...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nocky-1961
WhiteRoseKutaResort, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Nocky_SNR,

Greetings from the sanctuary in the middle of vibrant Kuta!

It was pleasant to hear again from you, especially after your 3rd visit to White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa. We're honored to have been given the trust. I am so delighted knowing that you loved staying with us. Your review has been shared among my team members as a reminder to keep doing our best to make every guest's stay a memorable one. I appreciate your feedback regarding our dinner menu. It has been acknowledged by our kitchen team who will use yours as reference to further improve our variety and taste on our menus. Once again, thank you for sharing your insight. My team and I will always look forward to your return to your home away from home.

All the best,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice rooms they are being updated and the two singles turned out to be two single mattresses on a double base. I love a cool room my sister feels the cold there was no chance for a happy medium. If unable to sleep the noise from the nightclubs was very loud on several nights. Great Bali night on the Wednesday with lovely food and Bali Style entertainment, worth a visit even if you are not staying. Very steep stairs to rooms a real strain on tired legs. Nice breakfasts with plenty of choice but very warm dining area. Room service was not that clever, actually very ordinary (should have walked to a local diner). Very close to everything Kuta and ideal for the very young who want to party.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ageingtravels,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

I trust this message finds you and your sister well. Thank you for posting a review of your stay in May. I am sorry that some of our service and facilities did not meet your expectation. Thank you for raising your concerns about the noise. Your feedback regarding our room service has been acknowledged by our kitchen team who will keep improving our consistency. On a different note, I thank you for pointing out our strategic location. I am hoping that you will consider staying with us again in the future. We will do our best to accommodate our guests' preferences to make every stay pleasant and memorable. My team and I will look forward to welcoming you back.

With warmest regards,

Kuta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

White Rose is in the center of Kuta-- 15 minutes ride from the airport, in front of Kuta Beach, beside shopping centers, bars, and restaurants, a very convenient place to stay in. The three rooms where my family stayed in are clean, quiet, and comfortable. They open to the pool but there is no access from the pool to the room which is a great security measure. Food is fine with a wide range of Western choices. The service, however, needs to be improved. We were required to make a deposit upon check-in. The front desk clerk recommended the hotel taxi which was much more expensive than the taxis in the streets. He was not really guest friendly. We decided to walk outside and after a few steps we were able to get taxis. Many of the staff do not speak English so there was some difficulty in communication.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the ground floor since it opens to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marsellelozano
WhiteRoseKutaResort, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Marsellelozano,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed most parts of your stay. In response to your comment regarding the deposit upon check in, I could offer some explanation that it is designed to benefit both guest and the hotel. By the deposit, all charges that may incur during guest's stay will be billed to the room and settled upon check out. Without the deposit, guests are required to settle a bill immediately after delivery of order. On a different note, I truly appreciate your feedback in regard to the taxi company. I will discuss this with my team as every third company that works with us should also apply high standard in delivering service to all our guests. Thank you for commenting on some of our staffs' English proficiency. Training in different aspects of of service is done in a regular basis. Over time, we hope that our new staff will improve their communication ability. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback that has given us a great opportunity to improve our service even better in the future. I am hoping that your recent stay wouldn't be the last one. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We only stayed in a room for 2 nights as we were heading elsewhere in Bali. Hotel room we had was on the ground floor and opened out to the pool area. Found the lounge set up strange as our room was off the lounge but so were 2 other rooms. The hotel is great. First time we have stayed there. Staff are amazing and do everything with a smile. Very central. Clean. Food is very good. So central.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lee G
Dear Lee G,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay in our resort recently and posting a review of us. I appreciate you for saying kind word on my staff. As you pointed out, with the long years in the Balinese hospitality, they always do everything with a smile, making sure our guests' needs during stay are well taken care of. I am hoping that you will plan another stay with us in your next getaway in Bali. We look forward to your return.

Yours sincerely,

Kuala lumpur
Reviewed 6 July 2014

White rose is a fantastic place to be if you going to Bali for holiday, party, relaxation, etc.
Overall I would say it's a superb experience. This is my 2nd time over white rose but it would not be the last.

The environment is good and the facilities are awesome.
I'm saving the best for last, the staffs working at white rose are the best I have been to many places but the staffs at this hotel are the best I would personally give them 10/10
Namely Yanik the beautiful, Jeff the coolest and a very knowledgeable person if you want to know about Bali, Wardana and also Ari. You see I can still remember their names that's why they are awesome.

Happy holiday and you guys got to try white rose Bali!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Rajcent
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Rajcent,

Warmest greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

It was pleasant to hear from you after your second stay at our resort. I am glad to know that you loved both stays. Thank you for pointing out one of our most important strengths: our seasoned staffs who serve with the heart. Your kind word has been shared among all of my team members, including those you mentioned. We are always looking forward to welcoming you to your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

White Rose is located only 3 minutes walking distance away from the busiest street in Lagain, and only 5 minutes riding distance away from famout Kuta beach. We are basically satisfied with the hotel overall quality (room, swimming pool, breakfast), but was very mad and disappointed about the people work on the front desk.

We have researched and choosed a restaurant in Jimbaran before we went to Bali. We went to the front desk asking them to arrange a taxi for us to get to that restaurant. The guy told us there are so many seafood restaurants around Jimbaran and lots of them are very bad. He told us touists can't tell good/bad restaurants, therefore he wanted to recommend us one he think is the best. I had a bit doubt but wasn't sure the one I pick is really a good one. Therefore we let him make the arrangement for us. As the result, it was a very very very bad seafood restaurant and super expensive!!! The food was bad, and the portion was small. We had a dish of fish and some shrimps and one super small plate of vegetable, and some beers. The total expense was around AUD115. If the food was good then we wouldn't complain. But the food was so bad. We wanted to go back to talk to that guy that he shouldn't do this to his customers just for his own commission with that restaurants, but we were not able to find him again.

Other than this, the breakfast has lots of option everyday but all the same things during the 5 days we stayed there. We would recommend this hotel to people who go to Bali for drink and party only.

Room Tip: Tell the hotel that you want to have a quieter room, otherwise it can be very noisy at night if your...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HelenWu0618
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear HelenWu0618,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

I trust this message finds you well. Thank you for choosing to stay in our resort in your recent getaway. I appreciate your time in posting the review and giving an excellent feedback to us. I was in shock to learn about what you had experienced with one of our frontline staff. I have investigated the issue and will take a disciplinary action against the related staff, not only because he had given you an unjustified recommendation, but also because according to our regulations, we are not permitted to financially benefit from giving recommendation to any of our guests. A meeting was conducted with all of my front office staff and the third-party transport company that has a counter in our premises to specially address the issue. The transport company was strongly warned about this and it was concluded that none of our hotel staff is permitted to assist their drivers to lead any guest to a place for a commission. We will only help guest make a booking to an outside venue of the guest’s preference. Our Management will take further actions if we find similar cases in the future. On a different note, thank you for your feedback in regards to our breakfast variety; we’ll surely take your opinion into account in our effort to present high quality food and variety. Given that we have taken serious actions following your feedback, I am sincerely hoping that you will consider staying with us again in the future. My team and I are looking forward to your return.

Warmest regards,