“This is an OK hotel with a reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Regis Kuta Bali

Park Regis Kuta Bali
Ranked #55 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“This is an OK hotel with a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks. My reservation was quickly retrieved and the checked-in was smoothed. I was asked some deposit, as I did not have enough of the local currency on me at the time I was told that would be fine but a copy of my passport was taken. I booked the Regis Room which was nice except the view from the balcony seeing only the restaurant area, not the pool as promised by my travel agent. I requested an upgrade to the Studio Aloft Room which was approved by the hotel manager. I paid around A$50 per day without breakfast, I found it to be reasonable. I prepaid the breakfast voucher around A$10 per day and the breakfast itself is fine. The Studio Aloft room is nice with only the bedroom is upstairs with main street view, no balcony. The only downside of the room is with the spiral staircase having sharp and dangerous edges {mind your head}. The gymnasium was well equipped and the swimming pool with a medium size, the Wi-Fi works well and the hotel itself is quite secure. The hotel staff are generally polite & looks happy. It's a walking distance to the beach about 20 minutes {take care when crossing the road, security guards along the streets shall assist you}. The distance to the airport is about 15 minutes. When going to town in the evening, use the safety box in the room for your documents.

Room Tip: The Regis Room would be fine as long you have one with a balcony facing the pool only
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 242756
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear 242756
I appreciate your feedback following your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our facilities and staff.
I will also have our Engineer check the staircase to see what we can do to improve this issue. The Studio Loft room are one of our more popular due to the bedroom upstairs and so offers something different to the normal room type.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Regis Kuta again.

Michael Ball

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks. My reservation was quickly retrieved and the checked-in was smoothed. I was asked some deposit, as I did not have enough of the local currency on me at the time I was told that would be fine but a copy of my passport was taken. I booked the Regis Room which was nice except the view from the balcony seeing only the restaurant area, not the pool as promised by my travel agent. I requested an upgrade to the Studio Aloft Room which was approved by the hotel manager. I paid around A$52 per day without breakfast, I found it to be reasonable. I prepaid the breakfast voucher around A$10 per day and the breakfast itself is fine. The Studio Aloft room is nice with only the bedroom is upstairs with main street view, no balcony. The only downside of the room is with the spiral staircase having sharp and dangerous edges {mind your head}. The gymnasium was well equipped and the swimming pool with a medium size, the Wi-Fi works well and the hotel itself is quite secure. The hotel staff are generally polite & looks happy. It's a walking distance to the beach about 20 minutes {take care when crossing the road, security guards along the streets shall assist you}. The distance to the airport is about 15 minutes. When going to town in the evening, use the safety box in the room for your documents.

Room Tip: I think the Regis Room is fine if you can have one with the balcony facing the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear 242756
Thank you again for your response.

This appears to be a very similar review as your other response.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming yo to Park Regis Kuta again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Having never been to Bali, I was quite apprehensive on which hotels to stay at, I wanted to stay somewhere clean, safe and reasonably priced and the Park Regis achieved all those goals. We booked a room using Expedia and paid £31 a night that's half the listed price. Our room was on the fifth floor and faced the pool, upon arrival we were given complimentary Glass of lemongrass and all the staff were incredibly friendly.

The hotel was built in 2013 so the room was spotless, the layout of the room was lovely and we felt more than safe leaving our valuable items in it. The pool area was clean and warm and romantic at night. breakfast was nice but not incredible as some of the other reviews would have you believe.

The hotel has free wireless Internet but I must warn you it's very slow, I booked this hotel for one night I ended up staying three.

Overall I would definitely recommend it, I would definitely come back and at the price we paid it was a bargain.

Additionally I would like to say that both the bar food and in room dining were excellent in terms of price and taste.

The staff surprised us with a free cake to celebrate our anniversary which was lovely and chocolate!

My wife is petrified of insects and thankfully we found zero in our room.

This is not a complaint but if I was forced to choose something I would change about my room then it would be a softer bed and higher pressure in the shower.

The area the hotel is in was a culture shock, trying to cross the road to get to the KFC and supermarket on the other side of it was a nightmare, I have never seen so many mopeds in my life.

We visited the shell museum as it was close by and fairly interesting, it's worth a visit if you've got a spare hour.

We got a taxi to this hotel from the airport and it cost as 70,000 RP so don't get ripped off.

Room Tip: Try and get a room high up and away from the outdoor bar if you like a more quiet room.
1 Thank Mattkingtheskater
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Mattkingtheskater

Thank you for providing a 5 Star response along with comprehensive comments.

I appreciate the various comments you have made as it allows further improvements to be made. We anticipate the Wi-Fi to improve by mid December as we receive additional bandwidth and I have the Engineer investigating the water pressure.

I am glad you enjoyed the cake for your anniversay and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel for two nights and we were delighted with the level of service offered by the hotel.
On a rainy night, after our return from a day excursion, the staff at the restaurant offered us two umbrellas to help us get back to our room.
Room service was prompt and laundry was efficiently handled from call to pick-up.
For breakfast on both days, they had a near complete change in the menu which was a pleasant surprise.
Fantastic room with a large bathtub and outdoor plunge pool attached were the bonuses.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the attached plunge pool. Money well spent.
1 Thank odessa65
Dear odessa65

Thank you for your 5 star review of Park Regis Kuta.

I enjoy reading the wonderful comments we continue to receive particularly that our level of service meets your expectation.

The Deluxe Pool Suites offer the outside plunge pool and are certainly a favourite for guests. We are also finding they are popular for private romantic dinners served near the pool.

We appreciate your comments and I look forward to welcoming you on your next break from Singapore.

Penang, malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is my first trip to Bali. We surf the net and get to know of Park Regis, we decided to give it a try, even though the location is not really near to Kuta square. We checked in on 7 Nov and checked out on 12 Nov. Let me share with you why I like Park Regis and no regret to try it out.

1) The check in process was very efficient and smooth
2) The room is clean, spacious and with a balcony ( the Standard room ), with all the necessary amenities, hair dryer, iron board+iron, kettl, mini bar...........etc
3) Good wifi signal in the room and all common area.
4) Although it is not nearby Kuta Square/beach, all you need is just take a 15 minutes walk or stop a cab ( very convenient ), pay for Rp20,000-30,000 approx to reach Kuta Beach ( depends on traffic condition ). All taxi goes on meter and it is very convenient to stop a taxi anytime at the road side at Kuta.
5) Breakfast is fabulous and they serve different menu daily, I enjoyed my daily breakfast. .especially with the warm service from all the staff worked in Padi-Padi restaurant. All of them are so friendly, helpful and efficient. All smiles are so sincere and nice, we can never forget them especially our last day, all of them greet us and it is too hard to say goodbye.
6) The 24hours convenient store is just sitting beside the hotel.
7) Thank god, no mosquito disturb me at all. I don't need to light up the electronic mosquito repellent supplied in the room.
8) Due to a bit distance away from Kuta, we stay away from all the pubs and night spot. No noise and it leads to a peaceful sleep all night long.

In summary, this is highly recommended to all.

1 Thank Irene_pg
Dear Irene_pg

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay with us. I am happy to read you enjoyed you stay and areas such as Check in, a clean room and breakfast met your expectations.

Once again it is wonderful to read that the team provide warm, friendly service that is full of smiles.

I look forward to welcoming you to Park Regis again soon and thank you for your high recommendation.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Firstly it's about location, location, location. Not too far from the airport and within walking distance to Kuta Beach, I must say I really like this hotel.
My arrival and subsequent first check-in didn't get off to a good start, I must admit.
From the moment I arrived, the hotel is keen to give its best in terms of service, as my baggage was quickly taken care of and check-in procedures were quickly completed.
They gave me a "pool" view which was a bit of a joke at first, for I saw the edge of the pool and I don't know how that can be a pool view. Then the room was filthy, with footprints all over the place and murky everything else.
I had a rest, and before I left the hotel to Kuta beach, I had a word with front desk about the view and the horrible room.
Without missing a beat, the hotel offered to change my room to one with a proper pool view. They also sent housekeeping to clean up that room and now, everything is satisfactory.
Lastly, as I had wasted enough time in the first room, I asked for a reasonable late check-out and it was granted.
To be honest I don't like the decor because it is mediocre, but can I fault such a hotel that is so keen to serve?
Well done Park Regis. I will definitely be back.
And I can see how you've moved up so quickly through the ratings to number 18. Well done again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Truth777_11

Thank you for your review.

I apologise that the room was dirty when you arrived. This is certainly not our standard and I have spoken with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure correct procedures are enforced. I am glad the Front Office team responded so quickly to the issue and it was solved.

Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

A brand new hotel just opened. We spent three nights, the second stop on a 3 destination holiday.The welcome from the Apt pick up to the end of our trip was amazing.The friendliest staff that we have ever come across after a long time, always greets you & have a conversation. We had arranged an Apt p/up & drop which was very convenient. Around 15 Min walk to the beach or inquire from the hotel concierge to drop & pick up from the beach.The food was great & very reasonably priced. The room was cleaned twice a day & spacious. Staff all ways willing to help and at your mercy. We even had food that was not on the menu. Recommend to stay for short stays for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor from the the middle to the back of the hotel if yo are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear christopher P

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I am proud of the team as they provide wonderful service throughout the hotel. The choice of food whether Balinese, Indonesian or those items with a Western influence all receive excellent comments with many thanks to the great kitchen team.
We offer a complimentary shuttle that drops off and collects guests at Kuta Beach twice a day which is recommended the first day so you can get your bearings. The 15 or so minute walk also allows you to be involved in some of the culture if you like otherwise cact the shuttle each day.
Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.