“First impression was good but..........all lies!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Regis Kuta Bali

Park Regis Kuta Bali
Ranked #56 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“First impression was good but..........all lies!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We booked two rooms for 4 persons of family vacation. Everything was ok until I discover lies from start to end. I told the reception girl that we have 4 nights in bali we went to ubud for 1 night ( 17th dec )and come back for 3 and 4 nights(19th and 20th ). 1 night was ok because we were tired even we asked for higher floor and we were given 2 floors.
When we came back for 3 and 4 nights. we were put to 2 floor again but in a different side of the building #237, #238. #238 was flooded after my short shower and the floor was so slippery I almost fall. I told the same reception girl again asking again for higher floor as we didn't like the room condition and the environment. She seems to ignore and giving me no choices. I insisted then only she give in and give us the 6 floors 611 and 612 which we like a lot. So much for the check in part.
After check out it was raining, we were waiting for taxi. I told the boy at the front office to get us a taxi with bigger compartment for luggage as we have 2 big and 2 small luggage. after waiting for 20-30 minutes we still didn't get our taxi. I was frustrated as the security persons outside didn't even go outside to get a taxi for us. other guests even went out in the rain with an umbrella to get their own taxi. the same reception girl was talking with a guy look like her superior a middle age man was talking outside chatting and ignore our need. I started to get angry and talk loud. She told me " if you requested, you get it !" " If you don't , you won't !" I told her we did requested for it and ask the middle aged man to verify my request and he confirm my request. She just want to cover the mistreatment of their guests and keep good relationship of their own group playing their own game inside the management. They are nice in the surface but we want efficiency and effectiveness. In short, from starting to end are all lies !!! I will tell you in detail if you responded accordingly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear dvdliaw

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I apologise for the various issues you had and I have spoken with the Department Heads so that they can be addressed. There are procedures that are being reviewed and improved so we do not have a repeat of them.

In regards to the taxi we have the option of a larger vehicle instead of the normal taxis. I understand that this was offered to you however you decided not to take this. The larger vehicles have ample space for luggage as they are a 7 seater.

Please be assured we treat our guests with respect as can be read in other reviews where the staff receive very good comments.
Once again I apologise and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so we can continue to improve our service.

Michael Ball

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is good and within 15 minutes walking distance to the beach, bars and shopping. Tons of street food vendors along the way, and a decent supermarket across the street. Located on a main road in Kuta, the entrance and outside area of this hotel is very busy with traffic and constant noise... But so is all of Kuta! Our room faced the street so it was very noisy, but the rooms facing the pool area would probably be a lot quieter. We had a loft style room which was modern with comfy bed and pillows. Good tv channel selection, as it was rainy season and most nights were spent inside. Pool is small but nice, and usually not too busy. Fitness facility had everything I could want and I used it daily. Good selection of foods at both of the hotel's restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Ana J

Thank you for your great summary of the our surrounds. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and utilised our various facilities including both restaurants. We are reviewing the Studio Loft rooms in regards to the noise.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you agoan on your next visit to Bali.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I had never heard of this hotel or it's group (Stay Well Hospitality), but was very presently surprised by the hotel and its staff. The hotel is quite new with smallish but very nice rooms. They claim to be within walking distance of may attractions, but given the lack of sidewalks and the heavy traffic, you'll want to take a taxi anywhere. The restaurant is quite nice. The breakfast buffet was elaborate and everything was fresh. I also had dinner and the meal was reasonably priced and delicious. Definitely try the restaurant if you stay there. The best thing about the hotel, though, is the staff. Everyone is extremely friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear flaphoto

I appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff who are certainly a great asset to the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and dinner and we use fresh products in the dishes to maintain great flavours.

In terms of StayWell - Based in Australia, StayWell Hospitality Group (SWHG) is one of the largest independently owned hotel management groups in the Asia Pacific. SWHG has a network of 34 properties in the Asia Pacific Region with locations including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Hobart, Launceston and international hotels in Singapore, Dubai, Indonesia, India and New Zealand with hotels in India, UK and China currently in development.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a good hotel with good service also located at a very good location very easy to access most areas. the only negative this would be that the internet connection is very slow I am not sure its normal or if it was a technical problem they had but it was slow for the two days I was there so if you are businessman and have to use the net this hotel may not be the best place to stay. They did offer me to use the public computer but I couldn't use it because the mouse was broken and I think they didn't realize it till i pointed it out

Room Tip: Get a pool Villa because the pool at the hotel is not that great
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mark J
Dear Mark J
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay you had with us.

I have ensured that additional checks are made on the guest computer to ensure it is always operating and appreciate that you let us know.
We continue to review our wifi to ensure the best possible connection and our IT Manager is currently testing routers for the Deluxe and Pool Suites. This improvement should be completed in January. Other improvements have been made recently.

Thank you again for your comments and I appreciate those regrding the good service and location.
We look forward to welcoming again on your next visit to Bali.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Upon our arrival we were greeted with huge smiles welcome drinks..hotel is beautiful & only a few months old also is nicely located around 15 minutes walk from the beach..the room is spectacular hotel arranged a motorbike for us with a simple phone call..but I have to say the staff have made this trip absolutely rememberable I would personally like to thank Agung ,Gede,Mudana,Tia,Dewi,Junaedi the nicest bar staff I have ever experienced & also our fantastic cleaner Andre who mad us Elephants, birds & a cute little piggy from the towels..I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Bali as our trip has been something we will never forget

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Kane M

I appreciate the feedback you have written following your stay with us.

It is very rewarding reading such wonderful comments about the team and thank you for mentioning their names. They are a great team throughout the property and I am gald you experienced some of our best during your stay.

Thank you again and I hope you have the opportunity to return to Bali soon when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

First trip to Bali. We stayed here 3 nights as second part of our Bali holiday as first timer (First part Clubmed Bali near beach & big pool). Wanted a nice decent, value of money for group of 12pax (9A3C) to rest after full day tour. Booked 3 diff category of room, 1 Regis twin, 1 Studio loft & 2 deluxe pool suit. Go for the Deluxe pool suit, worth paying extra & housing keeping team done a great job to keep it clean daily. The kids love it.

Period of stay: 5-8 Dec 2013
Room: 4 rooms (1 Regis twin, 1 Studio loft & 2 Deluxe pool suit)

Pro
1) Value for money for a private pool inside room, decent size
2) Check in & check out process was efficient and smooth
3) The deluxe pool suite room is clean, spacious, large lounge room, Kitchenette, 2 separate toilet, large bathroom & plunge pool.
4) There is a small supermarket opposite and a couple of chinese restuarants nearby
5) Free WiFi with decent speeds but unstable connection, breakfast area wifi is better than room
6) The hotel is pretty new
7) Simple breakfast with diff menu daily.
8) Free Shuttle service to Kuta area at 9am & 4.30pm daily, reservation required.
9) Friendly staff & great service.
10) Hotel to Airport is near & cost around IDR50,000 to IDR70,000.

Con
1) 15 to 20min walk to Kuta beach, quite a long walk.
2) location is not really near to Kuta however convenient to stop a cab range between IDR10,000 to IDR30,000
3) Small outdoor swimming pool.
4) Only 4 sun lounge for 175 rooms
5) Hardly see guests in outdoor pool as the pool is really small.

Overall, we know what to expect from this hotel as second part of our holiday therefore everything go well, smooth & enjoyable. Great job. Keep it up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angeline5606
Dear Angeline5606

Thank you for you comprehensive comments following your stay with us. I appreciate the time you have taken to detail the various areas.

Your positive comments again show the popularity of our Deluxe Pool Suites and the convenience of the various shopping facilities and restaurants nearby. We have just upgraded the wifi to further improve the connection and additional improvements will occur later in December. Additional lounges are on order for the pool deck that will improve the area.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Fantastic hotel to stay! My husband left cash in the draw next to our bed as he was drunk. Didn't realize it was missing until the next evening when he went to exchange money. Looked everywhere and he just remember he left on the table at the hotel. We called them and as soon as we told them the room number they knew we left cash back. Great HONEST hotel, fantastic service. They also email me to advise me there was cash left back. We only stayed one night at the Park Regis kuta as we were moving to latitude villa next day!

We had a deluxe pool suite, worth paying that extra, room was clean and very roomy had a lounge room and two separate toilet! Had interconnecting room as for two family!

Location was good close by to everything.

Recommend this hotel to ANYONE going to KUTA!

Thanks again Park Regis Kuta! H

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Everlyn2012
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Everlyn2012

I appreciate your comments following your stay with us.

Thank you for your comments regarding the return of your money. It is certainly pleasing to read when this happens and that staff are acknowledged of their honesty - it is very much appreciated.

It was also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Deluxe Pool Suite - they are certainly a great Suite and the extra room makes it that more comfortable particularly when staying for over three days.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to PArk Regis Kuta again and hopefully for a few more days!