“Modern hotel at Kuta”
Review of Harper Kuta

Harper Kuta
Ranked #27 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My family and i stayed at Harper for 3 nights and were welcome with the luxurious design of the hotel and the breathtaking view of the pool. However, the positive reception was soon taken over by the hotel's inability to allocate rooms on the same level for the ten of us. Instead, we were located 2 rooms each on the 2th and 3rd floor.

The room was exceptionally clean and amenities were decent. There was a mini fridge and kettle. So my cousins and i bought some drinks to chill. For individuals who are very particular about the quality of the bed, you'll be relieved to know that the bed and accessories are of top notch quality. The selections of TV channels were abundant. And rest assured that wifi work well in the room.

As for the breakfast selections, it was fairly acceptable. Very typical asian food like porridge and some cereals.

Overall, i think i have nothing much to pick on Harper and the hotel will certainly be one of my place to stay should i visit bali again. But i do hope that they can improve on the process towards the allocation of rooms, especially for big groups.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear JeOlivia,

Thank you for your value comments at tripadvisor. We do apologize that you were not meet your expectation during your stay at Harper Kuta especially for room blocking. This is a value and constructive comments and we immediate action with our Front Office team to improve proper blocking the rooms based on our guest required.

We are happy that you enjoyable with our services and facilities. Once again, thank you and we delighted to welcoming you back at Harper Kuta in the near future.

Budhiwijaya (Jay)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was looking for a good hotel on a medium budget in a good location. This fits the bill perfectly, you should order from their website since they usually offer discount.

I stayed for a period of 6days, during which a friend of mine who was trying to learn motorbike had an accident in the hotel. The staff and manager are awesomely helpful... They arrange a car to drive us to the hospital, stayed with us during the medical emergency, drive us to the airport to change the tickets date, and help us back to stay at the hotel. All free of charge and done with absolute good and genuine helpful intention.

I would like to thank especially to pak Budi (head of security), pak Kadek (duty manager), pak Yan (who drive us all over the place), and all the security and staff who help us made it through this experience.

I stayed for a while longer and soon became friends with almost all the staffs at the hotel, they kindly upgrade my room free of charge ;)

I got nothing but good words to explain my experience with Harper kuta, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy K

Dear Andy K,

Thank you for sharing your superb comments and we are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay. It does sound like you found time to enjoy all areas of the Harper Kuta. Also we will pass your kind comments back to our talents such as Pak Kadek, Pak Budi and Pak Yan, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We are definitely look forward to welcoming you back for more extraordinary moments soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at Harper because it was clean, modern and centrally located. The staff were generally helpful or at least tried to be and the only reason I'm giving them 3 starts is because they tried to rip us off. One of my friends was leaving before me and requested a hotel shuttle to go to the airport. Harper wanted to charge 250,000 Rupiah but said they will give her a discount and only charge 200,000 Rupiah. It only costs 100,000 Rupiah to go to the airport though. So she kindly told them thanks but no thanks and asked if they can call a taxi for her instead. In the end they offered to take her to the airport for 100,00 Rupiah. My other friend and I left a few days later and paid 40,000 Rupiah. We ran into a traffic jam too so we were both surprised it was only 40,000 Rupiah.

Pros:
- hotel was clean and modern. I can actually smell the laundry detergent on my sheets.
- beds were really comfortable, even the roll away bed.
- good size room and bathrooms
- pool was clean
- centrally located

Cons:
- food at the hotel was extremely expensive compared to what you can find just a step away. I know hotel food is usually more expensive but it was more than double. The free breakfast was also mediocre.
- I had a manicure and pedicure at the spa. It was average but my friends had a massage and facial and they thought it was fine.
- There's lots of bars and nightclubs around so it can be quite noisy at night. However, this didn't bother me at all. It can be a pro because it's so conveniently located to the bars.

Would I come here again? Maybe. If it's your first time in Bali and you're there for a few days to party and enjoy the beach, sure (I would just avoid using their hotel shuttle) I've heard way better recommendations from other frequent Bali travellers to stay in Seminyak.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine F

Dear Christine F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

We would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced regarding the airport transfer. I will discuss each of the points in detail with our teams to ensure we rectify, our transport is using luxury branded car which this is part to ensure that guest comfortable is our most priority.

Once again I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback. We work hard to ensure we delight and satisfy each of our guests and will use your comments to enhance our product and service further.

Delighted to welcoming you back at Harper Kuta in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Very close to the most popular night clubs in Bali. Within 400 meters to the Bali bombing memorial. Within walkable distance to the beach( approx 10-15 mins walk). All staffs will greet you cheerfully. They are extremely polite and helpful especially Mr Annis, the security. When I found out that I was cheated by the money exchanger, Mr Annis helped me to get my money back and advised me not to carry valuables such as passport, mobile to night clubs. The breakfast is only average. There might be mosquitoes and cockroaches in your room but once you have notified the front desk within minutes they will send staff to help you spray insecticides. New facilities, room is rather spacious. My gf and I had a pleasant stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Wang J,

Greetings from Extraordinary Hotel in an Extraordinary Location. Thank you for taking your time written your value comments at tripadvisor. Indeed, our staffs are very responsible and we will forward this message to Pak Anis who assist to get your money back and this is part of our services.

We apologize if some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectation. We have very well noted all your concerns and please rest assured that we have shared your feedback with relevant departments for their review and improvement.

Once again thank you for your gift of feedback since it allows us to look into the areas where we have failed to meet your expectation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Harper Kuta in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Harper Kuta is centrally located and less than 50m walking distance from some of the most happening clubs in Bali. The central location commands the expensive price tag that is has. Very sexy room layout, with the toilet having a glass wall as opposed to a brick wall. No worries for those who want privacy, as there is a curtain to block the line of sight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hotelier_Dr
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Hotelier_Dr,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor and I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay at Harper Kuta. Indeed our hotel located at prime area of Kuta and easy to main attractions.

We look forward to reconnecting with you again soon! Thank you.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Central and convenient are the first things about this Hotel.
We stayed with friends also on the same floor and all enjoyed the service and amenities of this site.
Staff were polite, friendly and helpful

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear JohnandSharyn S,

We really appreciate your positive insight regarding Harper Kuta and our hospitality service. We are happy to learn that you had a enjoyable stay during your holiday. We are committed to always improve all aspects of our Hotel including our service quality and we are glad that our hard efforts are well recognized.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Harper Kuta in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Once again I had a Gem of a holiday at the Harper Hotel in Kuta, Bali. This was my 3rd stay there and not once have I been disappointed. The staff are so lovely and friendly... nothing is too much to ask. The pool is kept 100% sparkling as are the rooms kept 100% clean. If you stay here don't forget to get a massage at the day spa located at the Harper, it was one of the best massages I have had. Thank you Harper Hotel for another unforgettable stay. I look forward to staying again one day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Skippyzz
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Skippyzz,

We are really happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations for the 3rd times stayed with us. We will certainly share your kind review with our entire team.

We are delighted that Harper Kuta became your another gem during your holiday in Bali. Surely we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.