“Good place to stay”

Harper Kuta
Ranked #26 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I was there with my lil family, my daughter is really enjoyed the room, breakfast and pool (the most important for me). The staffs are really helpful and always played with mw daughter (the receptionists). The location is perfect, near legian and kuta. The breakfast was ok and so many choices. Perfect hotel and very recomended!!

• Stayed May 2014
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear dinialessa,

We are glad to hear that you had a memorable experience from the day you checked in until departed our hotel. Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our staff, pools and restaurants and we are happy that everything we offered you along your stay has lived up to your expectation.

Thank you for residing with us and we do hope that your vivid experience will bring you back here in the near future.

Budhiwijaya (Jay)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the reviews online the hotel seemed good and had a perfect location in Kuta, Bali. I was travelling with a group of people and this hotel looked like a good option since it was a short trip, a 3 days 2 night trip.

Upon arriving in Bali, we already had some activity lined up for the day hence we arrived at the hotel in the late afternoon. This hotel is located right of Jalan Legian in central Kuta area. The first impression upon arriving at the hotel was…Wow!

The check in process was smooth. The staff at the front desk managed to sort out the room arrangement accordingly. The bell boy assisted us with our luggage and escorted us to the room.

The room was fantastic! It looked very modern, cosy and spacious. What’s in the room; a sofa, TV, mini bar, tea & coffee facility, complimentary mineral water, safe box, free wifi and telephone…which is pretty standard for such hotels. The room that I had comes with private balcony with chairs and it was facing the swimming pool. So if you are a smoker, you can smoke at the balcony.

The bed is very comfortable and few types of pillows are provided. The duvet is just nice to keep you warm. The mattress is just nice, its firm yet soft for comfortable sleep and nice rest after your day out in Bali. This is quite important for me as sleep quality is one of the things I look for whenever I book hotels during my travels.

The breakfast was decent for me. The spread consist of local food, cereal, salad, bread, omelette station, juices, coffee & tea. For me, it is more than sufficient for breakfast spread.

If you walk out of the hotel, you have access to lots of cafes, restaurants, pubs & clubs, shopping, souvenir shops, convenient store and massage & spa outlets. Some of the travellers had mentioned that it can be a bit noisy at night however during my stay here, it was fine as I didn’t experience any.

How was the service rendered? All staffs are friendly yet professional. They are able to communicate well in English and easy to communicate with.

Overall I am happy with this hotel. Although it is not cheap (not for budget travellers) but I feel it has good value being in central location. It is also a new hotel (If I’m not wrong, think they just opened in 2013.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Cammal K,

Our warmest appreciation for sharing your experience with us following to your recent stay at Harper Kuta. We are happy to know that you had a great experience and that you had chance to enjoy all the facilities.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Madurai, India
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We decided to stay with group of 24 pax booked this hotel,,
We made a good decision on selecting this hotel, Great location, Very good rooms, best ambiance overall awesome... specially the staffs rendered good hospitality to us Mainly Mr.DD the night manager was apt for his designation he managed to solve a issue created by our one of my friends so smoothly Special thanks to him..... I strongly recommend this hotel in all aspects

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear SikkandarN,

We are happy to read your review on the hotel, staffs and service and we are also excited to know you choose Harper Kuta for your valuable group.

Always delighted to welcoming you and your next group at Harper Kuta. Thank you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel located near to Legian monument, in front of Bounty and Paddy's club. Convenient for shopping and easy to find foods. Behind the hotel there are lot of small restaurants with many variety, from authentic greek, western to traditional local foods, you can access it through hotel's backdoor.

The best value from this hotel is their bed , really comfortable compare to other hotel we stayed on that period. The linen also in good quality, you will find so hard for you to wake up and leave the bed.
Amenities and bathroom are nice and efficient, good deal and value for money.

Breakfast quit nice, not many variety though. Coffee, tea and fresh juices come with additional price. Nice atmosphere as coffeeshop located next to the pool and you could enjoy the fresh morning air.

overall this hotel offer nice, efficient, comfortable stay for us and we would like to come back :)

Room Tip: Room with pool view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HarperKuta, General Manager at Harper Kuta, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Fenni L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing holiday at Harper Kuta. We are glad that you were able to experience our comfortable bed, high quality linen and variety of breakfast.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon for more extraordinary moments at Harper Kuta, Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My family and i stayed at Harper for 3 nights and were welcome with the luxurious design of the hotel and the breathtaking view of the pool. However, the positive reception was soon taken over by the hotel's inability to allocate rooms on the same level for the ten of us. Instead, we were located 2 rooms each on the 2th and 3rd floor.

The room was exceptionally clean and amenities were decent. There was a mini fridge and kettle. So my cousins and i bought some drinks to chill. For individuals who are very particular about the quality of the bed, you'll be relieved to know that the bed and accessories are of top notch quality. The selections of TV channels were abundant. And rest assured that wifi work well in the room.

As for the breakfast selections, it was fairly acceptable. Very typical asian food like porridge and some cereals.

Overall, i think i have nothing much to pick on Harper and the hotel will certainly be one of my place to stay should i visit bali again. But i do hope that they can improve on the process towards the allocation of rooms, especially for big groups.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear JeOlivia,

Thank you for your value comments at tripadvisor. We do apologize that you were not meet your expectation during your stay at Harper Kuta especially for room blocking. This is a value and constructive comments and we immediate action with our Front Office team to improve proper blocking the rooms based on our guest required.

We are happy that you enjoyable with our services and facilities. Once again, thank you and we delighted to welcoming you back at Harper Kuta in the near future.

Purwokerto, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was looking for a good hotel on a medium budget in a good location. This fits the bill perfectly, you should order from their website since they usually offer discount.

I stayed for a period of 6days, during which a friend of mine who was trying to learn motorbike had an accident in the hotel. The staff and manager are awesomely helpful... They arrange a car to drive us to the hospital, stayed with us during the medical emergency, drive us to the airport to change the tickets date, and help us back to stay at the hotel. All free of charge and done with absolute good and genuine helpful intention.

I would like to thank especially to pak Budi (head of security), pak Kadek (duty manager), pak Yan (who drive us all over the place), and all the security and staff who help us made it through this experience.

I stayed for a while longer and soon became friends with almost all the staffs at the hotel, they kindly upgrade my room free of charge ;)

I got nothing but good words to explain my experience with Harper kuta, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy K
Dear Andy K,

Thank you for sharing your superb comments and we are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay. It does sound like you found time to enjoy all areas of the Harper Kuta. Also we will pass your kind comments back to our talents such as Pak Kadek, Pak Budi and Pak Yan, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We are definitely look forward to welcoming you back for more extraordinary moments soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at Harper because it was clean, modern and centrally located. The staff were generally helpful or at least tried to be and the only reason I'm giving them 3 starts is because they tried to rip us off. One of my friends was leaving before me and requested a hotel shuttle to go to the airport. Harper wanted to charge 250,000 Rupiah but said they will give her a discount and only charge 200,000 Rupiah. It only costs 100,000 Rupiah to go to the airport though. So she kindly told them thanks but no thanks and asked if they can call a taxi for her instead. In the end they offered to take her to the airport for 100,00 Rupiah. My other friend and I left a few days later and paid 40,000 Rupiah. We ran into a traffic jam too so we were both surprised it was only 40,000 Rupiah.

Pros:
- hotel was clean and modern. I can actually smell the laundry detergent on my sheets.
- beds were really comfortable, even the roll away bed.
- good size room and bathrooms
- pool was clean
- centrally located

Cons:
- food at the hotel was extremely expensive compared to what you can find just a step away. I know hotel food is usually more expensive but it was more than double. The free breakfast was also mediocre.
- I had a manicure and pedicure at the spa. It was average but my friends had a massage and facial and they thought it was fine.
- There's lots of bars and nightclubs around so it can be quite noisy at night. However, this didn't bother me at all. It can be a pro because it's so conveniently located to the bars.

Would I come here again? Maybe. If it's your first time in Bali and you're there for a few days to party and enjoy the beach, sure (I would just avoid using their hotel shuttle) I've heard way better recommendations from other frequent Bali travellers to stay in Seminyak.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine F
Dear Christine F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

We would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced regarding the airport transfer. I will discuss each of the points in detail with our teams to ensure we rectify, our transport is using luxury branded car which this is part to ensure that guest comfortable is our most priority.

Once again I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback. We work hard to ensure we delight and satisfy each of our guests and will use your comments to enhance our product and service further.

Delighted to welcoming you back at Harper Kuta in the near future.