“Fantastic place in the heart of Legian”
Review of Villa de daun

Villa de daun
Ranked #5 of 207 Speciality Lodging in Kuta
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My Wife and I stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights for our honeymoon, we really enjoyed it. Great customer services, free shuttle, airport pickup. Fantastic Balinese massage in Da la Spa. Spacious beautiful room and was very quiet although the Villa is located in the heart of Legian. We definitely will go back again in the future. Great job, 5 stars. -Namira & Rama

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Me and my wife stayed at Villa De Daun for 3 Days; 2 Nights. Although its not our honeymoon, we take the honeymoon package while we stayed there. Its a magnificent service from the staff since they picked us at the airport. The driver is very nice, the ride was smooth. Once we get to the Villa, the reception from the staff was very warm. And soon after we enter the Villa (Deluxe Room #21 with Pool) we already feel like home. The Pool, The Gazebo, The Living Room, The Bathroom, The Bedroom, The whole area was magnificent. Its worth the money. Our Buttler, Mr. Agus is also very helpful. Its shame I didn't meet him on our last day there. Move to the second day, we had the benefit from our Honeymoon Package. A very Luxury SPA at The Dala Spa. Its an experienced I will never forget.. My First Ever Spa, and its awesome! Wifey also had a great moments there at the spa. After 2 hours relaxing, we expected a more greater surprise from our Candle Light Dinner.. And YES! Its another 5 star service from The Villa, The Staff, and The Chef. The Food is very delicious and the scenery we got is unbelievable. It was very romantic dinner company by Olivia The Singer.. ^^ So, its a very amazing stay.. We couldnt thank enough for the memory and the experienced we had at Villa De Daun. Im sure, me and my wife will comeback to here again in the future. We loved it! -Lalu Athma - Diana Yanthi-

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AthmaPanda
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Firstly, the beautiful, fully completed and cozy villa make us excited that we feel so loath to leave there.
Secondly, the sweet and kindful staff make us fall in love with pure heart Baliness. So nice the reservation boys, when we arrived there, who gave us a warm welcome and detail explaination of Villa De Daun. So helpful all the staff are, I can't believe that almost all the resort staff can remember and call my name, and they answer my request so fast like honeybees every time. That makes me so thankful to all the staff who gave my help, like the reception boys, restaurant ladies and lovely chauffeur. I feel so sorry and shameful that I can't remember their names like they remember mine.
Villa De Daun gave us an impressive experience for our first station in Bali
Short thought we stay in there, they like our families and we feel like stay in home. We already start planning our next holiday in Bali when we step on our departure flight. And Villa De Daun must be our first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at villa de daun for 5 nights with my wife 18-23rd.

It was like heaven as we walked in. We were amazed the beautiful landscape trees soumds of the birds.

The Villa we stayed at was amazing the pool was very clean and big.

Room service is excellent and the food was great. We loved it.

I will definately come again loved everything and everyone. The staff were like a family to me. We had a special bond :)

I already missed them :( i will see you all very soon. Take care.
Bapak Ali & Ibu Emine xoxoxo love you all

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bapak_Ali
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at villa de daun for 3 nights, commencing our honeymoon. On arrival at the airport, the villa transport was impressive. Once in the car we were given a wet towel & bottle of water which was a relief considering we were dehydrated from our flight & needed a bit of rejuvenation!! We were taken for a look & see around kuta so we could get our bearings around town which was a great idea. On arrival at villa de daun we were given a beautiful welcome drink of cold green tea & honey( which I loved & reordered over the course of our holiday) which was perfect. We were led to our villa which was a deluxe 1 bedroom. It was perfect, beautiful & private. Outside kitchen, great day bed. On turn down service the villa was sprayed with insect spray, bed turned down with the netting around the bed closed. Our butler, Agus was amazing. He gave us advice on local knowledge & how much we should pay for items. Agus should be commended on the service he gave us, he was approachable & hospitable. He is an asset to the property!
The spa treatments at villa de daun were amazing, first class. We had to walk down the lane to the property which we did at all hours & felt completely safe as security was at the entrance. A huge hotel was under construction at the time of our stay, subsequently we were unaffected, however a thong nearly fell on my head one morning as we were walking past a painter lost his 'work boot' who was 2 story's up, it was very funny!!
We had a wonderful time at villa de daun & wouldn't hesitate to come back. All staff were polite & very hospitable, thanks villa de daun!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

After booking in to a 1 bedroom deluxe villa which was great,the noise of construction work which seems to go on till the early hrs,we made a complaint and management and staff done their upmost in moving us to another villa where we could not be disturbed.The upgrade was to a 2 bedroom villa which was out of the world for us,we only wanted to move to a quieter villa or for construction work to end at a reasonable time,so really impressed with staff trying to make our stay more comfortable,also offering us few extras,ie 2 massages,day trip for 8 hrs,which we were happy to refuse.The service delivered to villa,breakfast,afternoon tea was excellent,cannot fault the staff here from reception to cleaning team,pool cleaner,butler etc.We had barbecue at villa which was excellent,they brought a little table and chairs making it very romantic,we were very happy to do nothing and spend our time lounging around.Full marks to the team here,review of spa to follow

Room Tip: Far away from construction work as possible,roosters don't disturb me but people hammering away...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have stayed at Villa de daun on several occasions over the last 5 years. The staff have always been wonderful, the complimentary breakfast and afternoon tea is of high standard and I really like that it is delivered to the Villa instead of 'mass dining' which is not for me first thing in the morning. The Dala Spa would be one of the best spa's I have been to anywhere-though nail polish colours are limited. I have to agree with others about the noise of the dogs and chooks
though it has never bothered my sleep (beds are beautiful).
Some of the villas are tired and definitely need renovating, when you are paying $800 per night for a villa you expect it to be fresh not run down looking.
The location is right in the middle of everything-though there is construction on both sides of the laneway into the villas which is definitely not safe to walk down- in fact one of the cranes being used collapsed into the laneway whilst we were there!!
Overall a great property, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
#12 of 148 in Seminyak
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
#2 of 87 in Legian

Been to Villa de daun? Share your experiences!