“Average service, spacious villa in a noisy location” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Villa de daun
Ranked #4 of 201 Speciality Lodging in Kuta
Singapore, Singapore
“Average service, spacious villa in a noisy location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed at this villa fro, 27-29 dec. the last leg of my 2013 Christmas trip. Have come to this villa after staying at komaneka bisma at ubud with excellent service. Felt that the service given by villa de daun is not up to our expectations . The staffs are friendly however they never take initiative to ask further what they can assisted us in. The butler assigned to us gave minimal butler service. On the second night he just merely called us and asked what we would like for the breakfast. My wife and I visited the dala spa ( great ambience and therapists skills are excellent ) , we went for 2.5 hours spa and requested for room make up service and to our surprise that no one make up our room when we return from spa at 2.30 even we have turned our room sign to request ' make up room'

Our room is the 'pandan villa ' ( deluxe villa) which is very spacious , however the room needs to be more refurnish and maintained . Swimming pool and bathtub outdoor are not cleaned. It champs in the entertainment system provided ( bose sound system in kitchen area, pioneer DVD and sound system in bedroom, large size sony tv) . Bed is large and comfy for a good night sleep. Turn down service was given on the first night and second night we didn't received any ( no one even called to ask)

One thing to applaud is our in villa BBQ service , the waiter ( mr asus , apologies if wrongly spelled) gave us great service with good English and several recommendations of bali attractions. And the chef served us a yummy buffet of BBQ food

Pro: convenience location for shopping, bars and restaurants. Free mini bar. Free airport transfer

Cons: lots of Mosquitos in the room, have to ask staffs to give us mosquitoes coil and lighter( yes we have to ask to be given !) , swimming pool water is not clean , toilet and bathroom amenities are not well maintained (smell from toilet , shower head is dusty and loose) . The free afternoon tea given is not very generous and the hotel cafe area is infested with mosquitoes. Morning in villa breakfast was not tasty, bread and pastries were served cold. Building construction next to the entrance of villa de daun and guests staying In villa nearer it the reception may be seen by construction workers during the day ( lack of privacy )

Suggestions to management : please include electrical mosquitoes repelling devices in room ( it is written in your in villa guide that they are provided but no where in sight) , Mosquitos coil should be lighted at all times ( not only during turn down service ) , service ( especially butler) should be more attentive and not giving guest a ' get it done and over with feeling'

Verdict: I have experienced better villa service in other parts of bali . Villa de daun comes as a disappointment to me after reading many good reviews online . However , this villa is suitable for travelers who love staying nearby all the actions and enjoy good spa treatments. Area is Kinda noisy with dogs barking at night and rooster noise in early morning. This villa is not the ideal villa for honeymoon ( there are many better villa with great service in other area ( take samaya ubud for example ) . Will not returned

Room Tip: Choose the normal villa will do, the deluxe villa fails to wow for the price paid
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Satjexon
Tanaya B, General Manager at Villa de daun, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Satjexon

Thank you for staying at Villa de daun and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all the positive feed back given for our improvement and we always strive to give our best to our client. We are sad however if we were get the information immediately we should had been able to offer a solution on spot. We will refresh again with our Team how to handle a client with “Do Not Disturb” sign (DND) , so similar experience will not happened again in the future. Likewise we continuously doing some maintenance on our building and facilities, in order to keep it fresh and stay competitive. Other inputs will be looked upon for correction and improvement .

Once again we apologize for this inconvenience and should there be any chances in the future to rectify some of our failure , please feel free to contact us at any time.

And hope that you still enjoy the rest of your holiday in Bali and look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My hubby and I stayed for 2 nights in the deluxe pool villa, and it was wonderful! Comfy bed and pillows, spacious bathroom, lots of plants, soft rugs. Almost all the staff always greets us everytime they see us, and the guy we had for airport transfer (Arta if I'm not mistaken) gave good tips on good restaurants, and even waited while we had lunch. The location was surprising. It was in legian street, where all the shops, restaurants and motorcycle rentals are. The breakfast and afternoon tea were delightful. And the romantic dinner is.. romantic. I have no idea how they'll clean all those petals.

The only bad thing I would say is the current construction happening in front of the hotel. But, once I get in my villa (#18) it was silent, tranquil.. just perfect for our honeymoon. There are also a lot of mosquitoes, some of them dead, but weirdly enough, I didn't get bitten at all during my stay. The DaLa spa was just like the pictures, so elegant. Even my hubby, who is not a fan of massages, seems to like it. All in all, it's a wonderful place for honeymoon and I do wish to come back for future anniversaries^_^

Room Tip: Rooms a bit further inside are more private and tranquil.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mayvimarleine
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My Wife and I stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights for our honeymoon, we really enjoyed it. Great customer services, free shuttle, airport pickup. Fantastic Balinese massage in Da la Spa. Spacious beautiful room and was very quiet although the Villa is located in the heart of Legian. We definitely will go back again in the future. Great job, 5 stars. -Namira & Rama

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Me and my wife stayed at Villa De Daun for 3 Days; 2 Nights. Although its not our honeymoon, we take the honeymoon package while we stayed there. Its a magnificent service from the staff since they picked us at the airport. The driver is very nice, the ride was smooth. Once we get to the Villa, the reception from the staff was very warm. And soon after we enter the Villa (Deluxe Room #21 with Pool) we already feel like home. The Pool, The Gazebo, The Living Room, The Bathroom, The Bedroom, The whole area was magnificent. Its worth the money. Our Buttler, Mr. Agus is also very helpful. Its shame I didn't meet him on our last day there. Move to the second day, we had the benefit from our Honeymoon Package. A very Luxury SPA at The Dala Spa. Its an experienced I will never forget.. My First Ever Spa, and its awesome! Wifey also had a great moments there at the spa. After 2 hours relaxing, we expected a more greater surprise from our Candle Light Dinner.. And YES! Its another 5 star service from The Villa, The Staff, and The Chef. The Food is very delicious and the scenery we got is unbelievable. It was very romantic dinner company by Olivia The Singer.. ^^ So, its a very amazing stay.. We couldnt thank enough for the memory and the experienced we had at Villa De Daun. Im sure, me and my wife will comeback to here again in the future. We loved it! -Lalu Athma - Diana Yanthi-

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AthmaPanda
China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Firstly, the beautiful, fully completed and cozy villa make us excited that we feel so loath to leave there.
Secondly, the sweet and kindful staff make us fall in love with pure heart Baliness. So nice the reservation boys, when we arrived there, who gave us a warm welcome and detail explaination of Villa De Daun. So helpful all the staff are, I can't believe that almost all the resort staff can remember and call my name, and they answer my request so fast like honeybees every time. That makes me so thankful to all the staff who gave my help, like the reception boys, restaurant ladies and lovely chauffeur. I feel so sorry and shameful that I can't remember their names like they remember mine.
Villa De Daun gave us an impressive experience for our first station in Bali
Short thought we stay in there, they like our families and we feel like stay in home. We already start planning our next holiday in Bali when we step on our departure flight. And Villa De Daun must be our first choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at villa de daun for 5 nights with my wife 18-23rd.

It was like heaven as we walked in. We were amazed the beautiful landscape trees soumds of the birds.

The Villa we stayed at was amazing the pool was very clean and big.

Room service is excellent and the food was great. We loved it.

I will definately come again loved everything and everyone. The staff were like a family to me. We had a special bond :)

I already missed them :( i will see you all very soon. Take care.
Bapak Ali & Ibu Emine xoxoxo love you all

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bapak_Ali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at villa de daun for 3 nights, commencing our honeymoon. On arrival at the airport, the villa transport was impressive. Once in the car we were given a wet towel & bottle of water which was a relief considering we were dehydrated from our flight & needed a bit of rejuvenation!! We were taken for a look & see around kuta so we could get our bearings around town which was a great idea. On arrival at villa de daun we were given a beautiful welcome drink of cold green tea & honey( which I loved & reordered over the course of our holiday) which was perfect. We were led to our villa which was a deluxe 1 bedroom. It was perfect, beautiful & private. Outside kitchen, great day bed. On turn down service the villa was sprayed with insect spray, bed turned down with the netting around the bed closed. Our butler, Agus was amazing. He gave us advice on local knowledge & how much we should pay for items. Agus should be commended on the service he gave us, he was approachable & hospitable. He is an asset to the property!
The spa treatments at villa de daun were amazing, first class. We had to walk down the lane to the property which we did at all hours & felt completely safe as security was at the entrance. A huge hotel was under construction at the time of our stay, subsequently we were unaffected, however a thong nearly fell on my head one morning as we were walking past a painter lost his 'work boot' who was 2 story's up, it was very funny!!
We had a wonderful time at villa de daun & wouldn't hesitate to come back. All staff were polite & very hospitable, thanks villa de daun!!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
#3 of 84 in Legian
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,250 reviews

Been to Villa de daun? Share your experiences!