“Worst Bali experience”

Ranked #88 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Brisbane, Australia
“Worst Bali experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I've been to Bali many a times & decided to check out the Legian Paradiso for something to do - WHAT A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!

Firstly, I paid for a 'pool view' & I could see the pool though it was a good 25-30 metres away, not able to walk off my balcony & into the pool like the rest of those rooms closer to the pool that are also 'pool view'.

The bathroom floods & from speaking with multiple other guests, it seems like most of them do. After 6 days of continually having to ask for extra bath mats after my sister fell over in the flooded bathroom, I went to reception & complained. Not much was done but at least I always had additional bath mats from then on. From speaking with other guests, they were offered to change rooms, but no such option was given to me. The rooms also weren't clean, when I dropped an earring, I ko bed the bedside to find it & found the remains of a chocolate drink underneath it...yuck!

The breakfast was terrible. Range was poor by Bali standards & the buffet food isn't kept warm & the range in so limited. There's bacon, but you have to ask for it - it's kept hidden behind the 'egg man' & is overcooked & not kept warm - so it's really not even worth asking.. The voucher system is also very wasteful & annoying. You can't get breaking without your voucher, but they ave a manifest they tick off, so why waste paper when you can just advise the staff member your room number & they tick you off each morning?

The pool bar was a big draw card for me, but the prices were ridiculous & the 21% tax is utterly ridiculous! Not only that, but the cocktails were weak & inconsistent. For the price you'd expect a lot better quality. There are also not enough sun beds around the pool, so if you don't get on before 10am, you have no hope of snagging one! (Not ideal for me as I like to spend my mornings bargaining & my afternoons by the pool... Oh well.

The staff were friendly, but not cause half the time they were trying to sell you something. They have a friend who is a driver, who makes silver bangles etc... You can't even eat your breakfast in peace without being sold something!

We also had quite a few issues with security around the hotel - you're meant to drop your room key off before leaving the hotel (understandable), but when you come back & have to wait 5-10 mins for a staff member to finish their 'smoke' & give you your key its kinda annoying...

Don't use the travel desk in the hotel, you can get it HEAPS cheaper just using one if the many travel agents out in the street. Also, you can rent a DVD player from across the road for 30,000Rp ($3ish) as opposed to 75,000 ($7.50ish) from the hotel...

I did discus my issues with hotel management, but I wasn't really taken seriously & was very unhappy with the service given in general. The final straw was when our prebooked airport transfer was 'forgotten about' & we had to wait for a driver to come - making us late for the airport - thankfully we made our flight, but that was really just another example of why I'd never recommend this hotel ever again...

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank MissMagasha
LegianParadiso, Manager at Legian Paradiso Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest

On behalf of management of Legian Paradiso Hotel, I would like to thank you very much for staying at Legian Paradiso Hotel. Your input will of course a motivation for us, to always improve our services.

Once again, thank you again for your review and looking forward for an opportunity to welcome you back.

Warm regards,
The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights and loved every minute. Close enuf to the action and shopping centres but far enuf away to be quiet. Rooms were sensational, refurb bathroom, king size bed, comp bottled water replenished every day, never waiting for housekeeping to clean room, we would leave for a little while and miraculously the room is perfect again...all rooms have lovely balconies...food was lovely, breakfast had everything u could want, service was sensational...especially Merry, she remembered us every day. Pool and swim up bar was beautiful...certainly couldnt recommend this resort highly enuf...thanx for a wonderful break.

Room Tip: We had upstairs room away from pool area thought this was good, quiet but not more than minute walk...
Perth
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights/4 days. We both hadn't been back to Bali for several years. We had a fantastic time together. The hotel was wonderful, staff are beautiful and very friendly. The food was very tasty, the restaurant "Bloody Sweet" rocks!!!! Great service, great food. Close to mini marts, Starbucks, Angelina Spa (fantastic), lots of shops etc. Also, recommend, Uncle Norms, Moo Moos & Bamboo Bar & Grill. See you all again in September.
Thank you all for a wonderful holiday and making our time special. Evelyn

Room Tip: any room you have you will be happy. Enjoy
Perth
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My sister and I stayed here in May 2013 we really enjoyed it, was a small hotel with a smallish pool but enough room for us, room was basic but was all you needed. Staff were very friendly, food at bloody sweet (restaurant in front of hotel) was great. Quieter end of town but was nice, got a little hassled but nothing too bad. Cute little shop Mermaid on the left side of street, balinese crafts and good price. Good value for money.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This hotel has a relaxed old style atmosphere, with the fastest service. 24hr room service and the best staff in Bali. Why leave the best to chase the rest.
The best chinese food in Bali can be found in at "Bloody Sweet Restaurant" which is located at the front of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed during the school holidays for 10 days. I had 2 pool view rooms $70 aus each (found others paid less!!) which are run down with an old tv with antenna issues. The hotel was quiet and with lovely staff. The room service was very hard to order as the band in "bloody sweet" restaurant is LOUD in the background. A few meals were pretty bland and the dishes were still outside the room in the late morning. I loved the small pool n bar. The pebble floor around the pool is uncomfortable to walk on. Breakfast is good with eggs of your choice, pancakes, indonesian choices and continental bits. Bacon is kept behind the egg chef and is available on request. On the last morning i found many cockroaches running under the bainmaries which the staff promptly killed with cloths. The locality was great, so close to everything. Blue taxi to tuban $2. Overall i was disappointed since i went on tripadvisor comments as a guide.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Changrs
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

3rd time in Bali, great location and traditional balinese style resort. A last minute trip organised, we selected this resort online. Being upgraded to a pool view room, our room and bathroom was clean and king size bed was sooo comfortable. Bathroom in need of upgrading however it was in line to be done as most other rooms have been refurbished. George (the resident manager) and his staff were always at hand, smiling and greeting us, they made sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. Any possible issue, George personally handled or made sure it was sorted. Breakfast range was plenty and I loved those pancakes. Most of all I enjoyed the pool which was so relaxing.
I can only recommend this resort and George and his staffs hospitality coz we both had a great and relaxing time.
Walter & Rosalba T

Room Tip: Poolside ground floor rooms are close to the action and not so far to go back and forth.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Walter T
LegianParadiso, Manager at Legian Paradiso Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Warm regards,
The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Dewi Sri Hotel
#62 of 86 in Legian
Hotel Terrace At Kuta
Hotel Terrace At Kuta
#11 of 251 in Kuta

Been to Legian Paradiso Hotel? Share your experiences!