“A great experience at Paradiso Legian”

Legian Paradiso Hotel
Ranked #92 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Tewantin
“A great experience at Paradiso Legian”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife an i stayed here for 9 nights from May 4th. This is not our first visit to Legian, but first to Paradiso. The staff were great, the rooms were serviced daily with fresh linen, towels etc and daily complimentry bottled water. The rooms were clean, tidy and icy cold, and the location was approx 300 metres from the bomb site monument. Daily brekky was great with both hot and cold and chefs to serve you with the best pan cakes and egg omlets to your selective ingredient choices. Walk to everything from Poppies to the beach, all with great bargain shopping. The convenience store to the left of the complex is the cheapest to buy anything from insect repellant to essentials like grog and is open 24/7. The small circle K directly accross the road is dearer so not the best of choices. The money exchange is comparative to street vendors and safe. Nearly got screwed down an alley at a better rate but he had slight of hand. Stick to the legal exchanges that have glass top benches and who ask for written receipts. Thanks George the main man for the free late check out and the lovely wedding anniversary cake. This really topped off our stay at your resort. Will see you again very soon.Ross & Diane McGuinness

Room Tip: A little noisy around the pool at night if you want to sleep early due to early tomorrows bookings...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ross M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have travelled to Bali many times and always stay at the Legian Paradiso the service is great.The hotel is well appointed and clean and the staff are among the loveliest Balinese people I have ever met. I feel at home when I am there and safe. I am certainly looked after..Since the opening of the chinese in the front the food choices are great and the Fukutaro is wonderfull as well .Everything is within walking distance and at that end of Jalan Legian you do not get harassed as much by the street vendors .I find the other tourists all are having fun and I have kept in touch with some I have met there who go back year after year well done George and I'll see you in Bloody Sweet in june Gina Miller

Room Tip: Pool rooms are great and its lovely and quiet for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I've been to Bali many a times & decided to check out the Legian Paradiso for something to do - WHAT A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!

Firstly, I paid for a 'pool view' & I could see the pool though it was a good 25-30 metres away, not able to walk off my balcony & into the pool like the rest of those rooms closer to the pool that are also 'pool view'.

The bathroom floods & from speaking with multiple other guests, it seems like most of them do. After 6 days of continually having to ask for extra bath mats after my sister fell over in the flooded bathroom, I went to reception & complained. Not much was done but at least I always had additional bath mats from then on. From speaking with other guests, they were offered to change rooms, but no such option was given to me. The rooms also weren't clean, when I dropped an earring, I ko bed the bedside to find it & found the remains of a chocolate drink underneath it...yuck!

The breakfast was terrible. Range was poor by Bali standards & the buffet food isn't kept warm & the range in so limited. There's bacon, but you have to ask for it - it's kept hidden behind the 'egg man' & is overcooked & not kept warm - so it's really not even worth asking.. The voucher system is also very wasteful & annoying. You can't get breaking without your voucher, but they ave a manifest they tick off, so why waste paper when you can just advise the staff member your room number & they tick you off each morning?

The pool bar was a big draw card for me, but the prices were ridiculous & the 21% tax is utterly ridiculous! Not only that, but the cocktails were weak & inconsistent. For the price you'd expect a lot better quality. There are also not enough sun beds around the pool, so if you don't get on before 10am, you have no hope of snagging one! (Not ideal for me as I like to spend my mornings bargaining & my afternoons by the pool... Oh well.

The staff were friendly, but not cause half the time they were trying to sell you something. They have a friend who is a driver, who makes silver bangles etc... You can't even eat your breakfast in peace without being sold something!

We also had quite a few issues with security around the hotel - you're meant to drop your room key off before leaving the hotel (understandable), but when you come back & have to wait 5-10 mins for a staff member to finish their 'smoke' & give you your key its kinda annoying...

Don't use the travel desk in the hotel, you can get it HEAPS cheaper just using one if the many travel agents out in the street. Also, you can rent a DVD player from across the road for 30,000Rp ($3ish) as opposed to 75,000 ($7.50ish) from the hotel...

I did discus my issues with hotel management, but I wasn't really taken seriously & was very unhappy with the service given in general. The final straw was when our prebooked airport transfer was 'forgotten about' & we had to wait for a driver to come - making us late for the airport - thankfully we made our flight, but that was really just another example of why I'd never recommend this hotel ever again...

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank MissMagasha
LegianParadiso, Manager at Legian Paradiso Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest

On behalf of management of Legian Paradiso Hotel, I would like to thank you very much for staying at Legian Paradiso Hotel. Your input will of course a motivation for us, to always improve our services.

Once again, thank you again for your review and looking forward for an opportunity to welcome you back.

Warm regards,
The Management
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights and loved every minute. Close enuf to the action and shopping centres but far enuf away to be quiet. Rooms were sensational, refurb bathroom, king size bed, comp bottled water replenished every day, never waiting for housekeeping to clean room, we would leave for a little while and miraculously the room is perfect again...all rooms have lovely balconies...food was lovely, breakfast had everything u could want, service was sensational...especially Merry, she remembered us every day. Pool and swim up bar was beautiful...certainly couldnt recommend this resort highly enuf...thanx for a wonderful break.

Room Tip: We had upstairs room away from pool area thought this was good, quiet but not more than minute walk...
Perth
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights/4 days. We both hadn't been back to Bali for several years. We had a fantastic time together. The hotel was wonderful, staff are beautiful and very friendly. The food was very tasty, the restaurant "Bloody Sweet" rocks!!!! Great service, great food. Close to mini marts, Starbucks, Angelina Spa (fantastic), lots of shops etc. Also, recommend, Uncle Norms, Moo Moos & Bamboo Bar & Grill. See you all again in September.
Thank you all for a wonderful holiday and making our time special. Evelyn

Room Tip: any room you have you will be happy. Enjoy
Perth
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My sister and I stayed here in May 2013 we really enjoyed it, was a small hotel with a smallish pool but enough room for us, room was basic but was all you needed. Staff were very friendly, food at bloody sweet (restaurant in front of hotel) was great. Quieter end of town but was nice, got a little hassled but nothing too bad. Cute little shop Mermaid on the left side of street, balinese crafts and good price. Good value for money.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This hotel has a relaxed old style atmosphere, with the fastest service. 24hr room service and the best staff in Bali. Why leave the best to chase the rest.
The best chinese food in Bali can be found in at "Bloody Sweet Restaurant" which is located at the front of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Dewi Sri Hotel
White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa
The ONE Legian
The ONE Legian
#38 of 87 in Legian

Been to Legian Paradiso Hotel? Share your experiences!