“worst hotel in Bali”

Ranked #90 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Ravenswood, Australia
“worst hotel in Bali”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

where to start? disgustingly dirty rooms, yellow/brown dirty tiles in bathroom/shower which with a clean would be white again, leaking toilet, dust so thick you could write in it .. which I did and it STILL didn't get cleaned! I dated it when I left so if your in room 2102 that's my writing on the window sill. Barely any lighting in the room, only bedside lights in main area, there was a light over the wardrobe but that only had a 20w globe in it I would say, this left us getting ready in the dark most nights. rude unhelpful staff, receptionist was eating when we went to check in, when told him we were there to check in he rolled his eyes took another bite of food, then spoke to us while spitting food at us the whole time. we were very sick after eating 1 breakfast never again, and heard horror stories about guests getting sick after new years buffet .. thank god we avoided that one! I could go on .. but I think you get the idea.
we booked this hotel based on reviews from trip adviser, I have no idea why everyone raves about this hotel its awful .. we've stayed in cleaner homestays/ backpackers.. avoid this hotel at all costs .. there is MUCH better in legian. kuta and for a lot less money.

Room Tip: if you want a good room stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WendyandPaul188
Arys P, Manager at Legian Paradiso Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Wendyandpaul188,
Warmest Greetings from Legian Paradiso Hotel.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am most concerned that you have left with such a negative feeling about our Hotel and I sincerely regret that we have failed to meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your valuable feedback regarding services and facilities is taken very seriously.

Your feedback will certainly be taken into consideration when future refurbishment will be planned. We have well noted all your concerns and will follow up accordingly with related departments for further improvement and rectification to ensure that we maintain a high quality of service to all of our guests.

Dear Wendyandpaul188, I hope despite your disappointment on this occasion you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

I hope despite your less than perfect stay on this occasion you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Arys Pradana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is in a very good location...everything is nearby. There is a restuarant just outside the hotel and there are 7/11 shops all over the street. There are many spas for some good massages. Also present many restaurants around to enjoy different kinds of cuisines. I personally didn't enjoy Bali food. The discos are just a 10-min walk and it is safe to be out at even 2am. The Poppies I & II are nearby...but you really need to bargain a lot. Kuta beach is also 15-min walk... surf...swim or just go for a sunset walk.

Staff is helpful, friendly and service is very good. The hotel is nice...good swimming pool. Breakfast is alright ...but its the same menu daily. The rooms are nice. We had a swimming pool facing room. Th bed is comfy and nice. We had a bathtub in our room...very relaxing. I just felt that the shower area is a bit small and shower flow was a bit slow probably because it was not handshower. Exchange money at the registered money changer...which is just a 5 min walk from the hotel and is open till 9.00pm. Overall we had a good stay as everything was within reach.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Neha S,
Sunny greetings from Legian Paradiso Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your Legian Paradiso experience and we are happy to hear that that you had a nice stay here at the resort.

I do greatly appreciated your comments upon our team and certainly will share it with them that I believe they will feel very appreciated.

On behalf of the entire team, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I checked in for a 5 day stay. The drain in the shower was blocked and it flooded the entire room, a big problem because my bags got wet also.
The TV did not work also.
The air con was not cold.
The room and outside corridors smelt very badly.
The noise from the dining area at the front eccoed to the room.
The waiter who brought the room service had very bad attitude and you could see he did not like his job, although he was still waiting for a tip.
I cant comment on the breakfast because the smell from the sewer lingered through the very crowded breafast area. After almost throwing up we decided to eat elsewhere.
Although we prepaid with the agent we have checked out 3 days early to stay in a more acceptable hotel. The holiday has now become much more expensive because we are paying for 2 hotels.
This hotel should be classified as a low budget hotel at $25 per night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have just returned from our 10 night stay at the Legian Paradiso. We were accommodated in a Deluxe King on the second floor, overlooking the beautiful pool. The room was very nice and the King Size bed extremely comfortable. The daily service of the room was always of a high standard and the housekeeping staff go out of there way to please and assist with any request.
A big plus was the super cool air conditioner which is a must on a stay in Bali.
We found the location perfect. The hotel is nestled behind the "Bloody Sweet' Restaurant which is part of the hotel. You have easy access to the hustle and bustle of shopping and great restaurants but once you enter the hotel it is tranquil.
We also stayed here in July last year with 4 teenagers who loved the pool and the location.
Breakfast is fairly basic but you need to remember this is a 3 and a half star hotel. What it may lack compared to the 5 stars is well and truly made up for by the excellent service of all the staff,
who are always friendly and attentive.
A big thank you to George and all the staff at Legian Paradiso who made our stay extra special and we look forward to our next visit. The Porters

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Porter5208,
Sunny greetings from Legian Paradiso Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your Legian Paradiso experience and we are happy to hear that that you had an amazing stay here at the resort.

Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The most pleasant thing of this hotel is close to Kuta beach predictably, just by walking along Legian street bustling with tourists. The hotel atmosphere is cool and comfortable,
friendly staff, and the nice pool.

Room Tip: I recommend to choose a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Azmifaisal,

Mornington, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this resort for 8 nights with my daughter in early December 2013. The staff are very friendly and accommodating especially George. We were picked up promptly at the airport for transfer to the hotel. Our check in was smooth and our room was very nice, Room 1101 (large room with king size bed and large clean bathroom) cleaned daily. This room was away from noise of pool area and close to reception, spa and shops. Breakfast was included in our tariff very nice with a good selection of cooked and uncooked foods. We paid 65,000 rpt per night. Grounds were nice with lovely gardens and pool area. This hotel is ideally located near everything Bali has to offer, shopping, restaurants, beach is a 10 minute walk probably 2-3 blocks away easy walking distance. This is not a 5 star hotel and if you dont expect too much you will enjoy your time here, if you don't like your room say so and ask to be moved.

Easy to arrange drivers if you would like to investigate Ubud and surrounding areas cost is approximately 50,000 rpt per day with driver stopping wherever you would like to go.

Bali Spa is a short 2 minute walk towards Kuta (turning left from hotel) which is fantastic for 1 hour massage being 10,000 rpt (absolutely wonderful).. 5 star...

Beware of money changes, best to change your money at the hotel or at a bank do not go to the money changes down the little side streets within the clothes shops etc they rip you off... Be warned...

Transfer back to airport went smoothly and we enjoyed our stay in Bali and cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1101 (king size bed with clean large bathroom).. Near reception and spa away from nois...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janene D
LegianParadiso, Manager at Legian Paradiso Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Janene D,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here with another 5 friends over the new yr period.

This is honestly the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in the rooms were clearly not cleaned properly with the ceiling in the bathroom having mould and was leaking water everywhere, we were given no towels when we first arrived either.

There was only one person from a group of seven that didn't get sick and I truly believe it was from the Hotel and lack of hygiene standards just distrusting!!!

The only one good thing about this place was the location!

Been hospitalised on your holiday is not is not what you what so I highly recommend you never stay at this terrible hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Axlepants123
Dear Axleplants123,
Warmest Greetings from Legian Paradiso Hotel.

Dear Axleplants123, I hope despite your disappointment on this occasion you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Arys Pradana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Adi Dharma Hotel
Dewi Sri Hotel
#70 of 250 in Kuta
Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant
White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa

Been to Legian Paradiso Hotel? Share your experiences!