Legian Paradiso Hotel
US$834
US$111
US$154
US$144
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
US$193
US$186
Taum Resort Bali(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$40
US$188
US$70
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$79
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$107
  • Breakfast included
US$146
US$126
All reviewsbloody sweet restaurantmanager georgeswim up barcocktail partythe pool view roomsfront barpoolside roomthe hotel managerhome away from homepool sidecleaned dailytour deskair conditionerbali holidayground floorthe hustle and bustlegreat pool
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Was booked in for 3 days..
Forfeited 2 days as was so disgusting that we couldnt stay in the room
eg.stale blood on pillows
Dirty pool surrounded with drinkers starting at 7.30am
Might be suitable as a backpackers...Definitely not a supposed 3 star hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelbuddy032
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Aftrer reading the many negative reviews about this hotel, we thought they can't be true, and the hotel can't be so bad. Well, after spending our 3 days at this hotel, let me confirm: the previous negative reviews are all true.

1. Internet: We made the booking via booking.com, where this was stated: "Wi-fi is available in public areas and is free of charge." When we tried it, it was not free. When I showed the booking.com confirmation to them, then instead of giving us internet for 3 days, or at least 1 hour each day, they started to explain this is the fault of booking.com. I told them, free internet is very essential (I had some projects to be finsihed and sent out). They did not agree and insisted to pay for the net. Then I told them, ok, we check out from hotel immediately, just give internet for 10 minutes to let us look for another hotel. They told me, we can check out, but the first night will be 100% charged (this was at 18PM, while we checked in at 17PM), and they still couldn't provide net for 10 min.
After a 2 hours dispute, they agreed to give a 1 hour net voucher for the three days (!). I got so tired and disappointed, that I accepted it. Sales manager told, voucher will be in our room soon.
Then at night, when voucher was still not delivered, I asked staff, who told me, sorry, they can't give it, because the IT manager has duty off now! They didn't keep their promise!

We reported the problem too booking.com, who confirmed hotel is solely responsible for the information provided on their booking.com website. It was also told hotel changed the free wifi info on their website (instead of solving our poblem).

2. Check-out: We wanted to check out early morning, but there was no receptionist. We started to worry about missing our flight. After 3 mins of hitting of the bell, a sleep-walker guy came out from the room with closed eyes, asking what we want. When making the payment, we faced the problem, that he wanted to exchange the booking.com confirmed USD amount at 9500 (!), while the official rate of USD/IDR was 8940 on the date of check-in. This is 6,30% gap in one way, nice, isn't it? So we wanted to pay in USD, he said ok. After checking the banknotes, he said our 100$ note is not accepted, we must pay in Rupees. OK, let me finish it, this writing is just refreshing our feeling how we hated our stay in Bali.

3. I have to mention one positive thing. After the 2 hours dispute at check-in about the internet, the sales manager upgraded our room to "Super Deluxe Room" (we made the booking for a Deluxe room with king size bed, but the receptionis gave us twin bed). This new room was nicer than Deluxe room (we didn't want to see the standard room; just check the pictures in travellers' photos section of tripadvisor.com for photo of bathroom).

The hotel is far below average, and far overpriced. The hotel has serious management problems. The staff turned our stay to a bad experience in Bali. Before your booking, think it twice, if saving some dollars worth to turn your hard-earned holiday to a terrible experience.

1  Thank Jbetti
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Like travelling back to Bali of old! traditional styling with open air dining and adequate food. Great pool with swim up bar, staff have been there long time and have lost some enthusiasm but were also efficient and charming.
Massage next door, 2 shops up to no-rip-off air-cond money changer, mini-mart across road, choice of left to Kuta bars or right to Legian restaurants and Seminyak by walk or taxi.
The BED was so comfy and pillows to match, the noisy air-cond was fixed when we went for a meal - no other incidents!
Great value = great relaxation and holiday!

2  Thank cottcamry
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Pro's
*Good location
*Price
*Average but acceptable rooms.
Con's
* average service at best
* Very dated and needs refreshing
*Lots of loud pissed people around pool at all hours

Not a bad place for the money although I think the rooms are a little hit and miss. Id stay again, just dont expect to much from the hotel. More suited for people wanting to party I think although there was a few family's about I dont want my kids around loud, swearing and pissed men. Biggest tip I could give is dont get a room on the pool as its just way to noisy.

3  Thank nosajknight
Reviewed 25 October 2010

After reading reviews about the paradiso i wasnt sure what to expect. It wasnt so bad after all.The grounds were kept clean, the pool was clean, service was great, people were friendly. The rooms were small ,bathroom ok. It suited me and my 2 teenage kids as we only slept in the rooms which were cleaned everyday. Air con great. Breaky was the best but dont eat in the restaurant food not too good. The 21% tax gets you in the end. Overall it was our first time to Bali and it was interesting we hope to visit again but check out another hotel..............

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family