“Good service, nice staff...”

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali
Ranked #104 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
“Good service, nice staff...”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We booked 7 rooms with The Grand Istana Rama hotel for our first two nights in bali. We were given some vouchers such as free light dinner, free beer, banana boat...etc.

The room is spacious and clean. Staff were nice and courteous.

Good:
1. Honest housekeeping staff. We accidentally left our mobile phone in room but when we backed to room, the room had been tidied up and mobile phone was right on a clean bed.

2. Upon us checking out, the housekeeping informed of our two mini wines left in the room.

3. Breakfast is good. Lotsa choices and food stations offers freshly cooked pancakes, waffles, eggs...etc.

4. We specially want to thank Mr. Dito for his great helps to arrange for our transport. He spent so much efforts to make our excursion trip worry-free. Bravo to him and the hotel in getting great staff like him.

Feedback:
1. I was little disappointed for not getting welcome drink upon check in. I hope the hotel can improve in this small gesture as first impression is very important.

2. The timing to claim for free beer, massage and cultural activities is not good. I hope they do away with the time restriction if they sincerely like to provide the freebies.

Overall, this is a good hotel. I will come back again.

• Stayed June 2013
girh, Director of Sales at Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali, responded to this review, 5 March 2015
Dear OctoberScorpio,

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali is sincerely thankful for spending your time to share your review of our hotel during your holiday in Bali. We are gladly contented to know that you have a lovely experience with our excellent services, spaciously clean room as well as our courteously nice staff. We are glad that you are satisfied with the nice touch by our honest services from our housekeeping team.

We are not only glad to know how much you admire our excellent staff, but also how nice of you to praise the selections of our scrumptious breakfast that you have at our Samudera Restaurant. Our restaurant has various foods for breakfast such as: Indonesia dishes, eggs station, pancake station, noodle station, porridge station, dim sum, breads, desserts and fresh fruits with stunning view of Kuta Beach.

Thank you for your concern regarding the welcome drink as it has been changing to beer voucher which were given to the guest that can be taken on the certain time. Besides, regarding the timing for our cultural activities program is scheduled at 10 AM every Monday – Saturday with different theme of activities, in order to let the guest experience more about Bali.

We look forward to welcome you back at Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali for your next visit.

Email: sm@grandistanarama.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Great location and price.
Rooms are basic but clean. Bathroom was surprisingly luxurious. Grounds are nice. Pool area was ok. Not enough lounges.
Breakfast was awesome! And they had some different stuff every day. Chicken nuggets were my fav!
They don't really have a day spa...just a hotel room where they do massages. Which for the price, you can go to a nice hotel day spa for. But not hard to find cheap massages in kuta! So not a big deal.
The big draw is the location. Right across from kuta beach, and right next door to the new shopping centre.
Great value for the price. Great location. Great base for exploring. Not te type of hotel you want to hang out at all day.

Room Tip: No lifts, so choose a ground floor close to reception if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear OctoberScorpio,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed there from 21 to 24 May at room 818. On 23rd May night while i was showering i heard sounds outside the toilet window.. The window was on top of the shower area... I feel that someone is at the window peeping because of the sound so i asked my fiancee to check.. When he when near the window there were sound of someone running away from that area... When my fiancee went out to check outside there was a ladder directly below the window... Though from the inside toilet the window is tinted black but when he try climb up the ladder and look inside the toilet the view of the toilet can be seen clearly with toilet lights on inside... We went to report to the duty manager and surprisingly he said that he have no idea of that area having a gap that other people can go through... Also we waited for a report and was told that the cctv could not detect that area... We suspected that one of the staff who frequently go to that area had done that... What is the use of security at the entrance when in the hotel there is no security even the staff can do something inside the hotel without other people knowledge... The report was make as if we were the once hearing things if we hear things explain the footstep with mud marks to that entrance any why the sound of someone running away... Just a reminder for those ladies going stay at room 818 please check if the window at the shower had been sealed from outside view or else choose other rooms or else dont choose this hotel as even cctv is not working properly... Sorry does not mean anything as i am not sure if any recording were taken while i was bathing and if it was done for my days staying there... JJ

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Rianaj
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I don't write to review the hotel facilities. I write for appreciation of a good deed done by the hotel management.
I booked a standard no balcony room of this hotel for 4 nights from Agoda in December 2012. The check in date is May 20th 2013. I read the reviews from other tourists that the hotel staffs are very friendly, that's why I booked it without hesitation. Unfortunately my wife got a second stroke in January 2013 and not fit to travel. I am forced to cancel the trip to Bali. The booking is non refundable, I have no ground to claim anything. Anyway I I informed Agoda and sent them the medical report. Surprisingly without any further questions being asked they cancelled my booking with full refund. I consider them as human, considerate and sympathetic. I also give credit to Agoda.
I promise to book the same hotel through Agoda again whenever my wife gets better and fit to travel later. I am longing to stay in the hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yapchiewpeng
Dear Mr. Yapchiewpeng,

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali is gratefully thankful for sharing your precious experiences with us on Tripadvisor. We are gladly happy to acknowledge that we exceed your expectation as it is our commitment to consistently maintain excellent service for our valued guests. We are not only glad to know how much you admire our management, but also how nice your appreciation for us.

We are delighted to welcome you at Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali for your next visit to Bali.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our expectations were quite high from this hotel, but it turned out to be just another average hotel. If you are looking for some luxury, this isn't the place. The only good about the hotel is the location. Full marks for the location- overlooking the bay, walking distance from the discovery mall and other shopping areas.
I guess if you are looking for clean hotel at a good location, you can go for this hotel. If you are looking for luxury try some other hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel offers complimentary spa, do enjoy that.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JigyasuBajaj
Dear JigyasuBajaj,

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali is happily thankful for spending your valuable time to share your experiences during your holiday in Bali. We are appreciatively grateful for your admirable praise for our clean hotel. It is our commitment to consistently maintain excellent service for our valued guests to make them feel like home.

We are happy to present our excellent location, where is located right in front of Kuta Beach and next to the biggest shopping center in Bali – Beachwalk. It is also easy for you to get to the other interesting places for shopping or sightseeing.

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali as the Balinese Style Hotel will be delighted to welcome you back in your next visit.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I was not quite sure what rating to give this hotel as like the title says it depends on your expectations. I stayed here with my partner for 6 nights in an upper superior room. Check-in was fine and as with many hotels I had to give my credit card details for a security deposit of 1,000,000 rupiah. We were given a selection of vouchers including free daily drink,free banana boat ride,free meal and free sunset photo with a few others offers I'm afraid to say I have forgotten!

Pro's: The room was large with a balcony, fridge,TV and has an old authentic feel to it (if you like that kind of thing). Hotel felt safe and secure and the grounds of hotel are pleasant with big swimming pool. Hotel bar was also good with live band.

Cons:The decor and furniture is old and worn and the TV was a small old fashioned type. The bathroom had a moldy smell to it and when using the shower there was a nasty sewage like smell for a few minutes after turning the water on. Also it was "hit and miss" whether you would get any hot water when showering and I had to take numerous cold ones. Air con leaked a bit of water which I slipped on the first night.

I really think it depends what your looking for and your expectations. I stayed with my partner who loves her modern hotel rooms and spotless cleanness so it was not all that great this time but on the other hand if I was on a "lads holiday" for example with friends I would find this hotel absolutely fine.

I fund staff pleasant and when I broke the flushing mechanism on the toilet they were quick to come and fix it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tommy2009
Dear Mr. Tommy2009,

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali would like to gratefully thank you for sharing your holiday experiences with us. We are pleased to know that you have a great experience with our pleasantly efficient staffs, as it is our commitment to consistently maintain excellent service for our valued guests to make them feel like home.

We are gladly happy to know that you love our spacious Superior Upper Room that has a balcony as well as the secure and safe feeling that we give. Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali is pleased to acknowledge that you love our massively lush garden as well as our big swimming pool, that is equipped by swim up bar. We are contented to know that you also love our 69 Tequila Bar that has live band and DJs performances as a place for you to spend your enjoyable evening.

We appreciate your feedback on the condition of our room and bathroom. We already shared this information to avoid the same problem in the future. Besides, as a part of our commitments to deliver the excellent service to our guest, Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali has been progressively carrying on room refurbishment and all of the old televisions were entirely replaced with new LED “Sharp” televisions 32 inches.

We are looking forward to see you again in Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Location is excellent, you just cross the street to Kuta beach, you could enjoy he beach when you are having your breakfast. The garden is awesome and I like their saltwater pool. The Roma are modest but very clean and that is very implant for us, I like coming here with friends or family. You could walk to Legian street even n the evening and feel safe. A drive to Seminyak is reasonable and so easy to find taxi. If you don't want to play a lot f money to enjoy Bali but still enjoy the beach and the food, this is a place to try.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Rsal_lrs,

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali would like to gratefully thank you for sharing your precious holiday experiences with us. We are pleased to know that you have an enjoyable experience with us. Moreover, we are delighted to acknowledge that you enjoy our spaciously clean room which is surrounded by our massively lush garden that gives the serenity in your room during your rest and relax moment.

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali is happy that you love our strategic location, where is exactly in front of Kuta Beach, next to the biggest shopping center in Bali- Beachwalk and close to many places that can be visited for shopping or sightseeing. We are glad to know that you also enjoy the scrumptious breakfast at our Samudera Restaurant and our huge swimming pool, which is equipped by swim up bar, as the best spot for relaxing.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to Bali.