“One of the best ones”

Ranked #8 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Canberra, Australia
“One of the best ones”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is one of the newest ones in Bali (when I stayed there last month, it's just about 2 months old). However, the experience I got during my 4-night stay is beyond my expectation. As a new 'budget' hotel, the service is exceptional. One that surprised me was when I arrived almost mid-night, my room had been ready in term of they turned-on the aircon. I've been regularly visiting Bali and stayed in many hotels but not many of them do this. One of the reason maybe is saving the cost. Considering, the warm weather in Bali, this kind of action is really pleasing me as a guest. Other than that, I was also so happy with their staff courtesy.

Because of the location of the hotel (that not exactly right on the main road), the hotel was very quite. I couldn't hear the traffic in day and night, which was really good to help me have a sound sleep at night.

In room, even though the room size and quality are just average (but the bathroom is very small), their cleanliness was very good. Maybe it's because the hotel is still very new. However, as a guest I hope they could keep up their good work on this. One of the special thing about the room was they have 'Australian' power point, so I didn't need to worry to use my own adapter or ask for one if I forgot to bring it. And, I've never seen any other hotels that I had been staying at having this kind of power point. So, for me this is another thumb-up.

Apart from all the good things I experienced at this hotel, as a new property of course they do have some flaws. One of them was the limited choice of it's buffet breakfast. Every morning I found most of the dishes were the same as the day before. For a guest that had breakfast more than 3 mornings, I found this very boring.

Another thing missing from the hotel was the spa. I love spa, every time I went to the island I always spent sometimes at spa. So realising that they don't have one was disappointing. I think I know the reason why, the hotel is surrounded by many spa. Even there is one just across the hotel. But I didn't try that one. As a hotel guest sometimes I just prefer to have one in the hotel (if they have one). This is due to privacy and convenience. I did ask the staff if they have any contract with some spa nearby, but there's none. I ended up choosing and booking the treatment myself. This is an issue that I think they should overcome soon as I believe I was not and will not be the only guest ask for it. And a recommended one with special rate will be enough to cover my disappointment.

Room Tip: If you are not smoking, don't forget to ask the non-smoking one.
3 Thank DianArianie
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Dianarien

Thank you very much for posting your kind comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay, and your positive comments will encourage Our team to ensure the all guests have a comfortable stay.
In addition thank you for your feedback pn breakfast and in house spa facilities which we will look a way for improvements.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for future visit you may contact us at : info@thekana.com or 62 361 8496199

gm@thekana.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

New and properly managed hotel. Clean, homy room with good lights, enough electric sockets to charge my gadgets, with still new furniture at the time of my visit. Warm and helpful staffs, and great breakfast too. Food tasted good, lots of variety, cereals, bread, egg station. Centrally located, near to airport, main places I want to visit as tourist. Room price is just right. Definitely would stay for next visit to bali.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hendra A
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Hendra A,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay, and your positive comments will encourage Our team to ensure the all guests have a comfortable and memorable experience.

gm@thekana.com
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Location is brilliant of this new hotel ! Easy access from the airport and close to Kuta and seminyak . Hotel is brand new , great value for money : food wise and room wise ! Suite is utterly amazing ; large bed , bathroom and awesome tv , balcony is cosy and had a nice view facing swimming pool . Food and drinks are great value for money . Staff is very nice , there was an attentive waiter , his name is mahendre , he should get extra credit , same goes to the receptionists who always face you with a smile .
Nice architecture and furniture ! Will come back ... Makasih

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PKTVI
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear PKTVI,

Thank you very much for posting your kind comments on Trip advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your second stay with us at our Suite Room and you found a great value for room and food. In addition thank you as well for recognizing Mahendra and our receptionists for the attentive service.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for your future visit you may contact us : 0361 8496100 / e mail : info@thekana.com.

Zürich, Schweiz
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Brand new hotel, just opened in 2014, very clean, very quiet, convenient to reach from / to airport, seaport (Benoa), large modern rooms, large bathroom with shower, Flat TV, restaurant fair; however no bar installed yet (for after dinner, evening cocktails, relaxing)
Would recommend the hotel anyway

1 Thank hobbyrider
KanaKuta, Manajer Umum at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Hobbyrider,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the stay, as your mentioned at the moment we only provide a limited selection of alcoholic beverages and complete range will be set up after lisence is received.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stay in this hotel for the weekend, we stay in deluxe room and it is surprisingly very spacious and has a clean look.
It's a brand new hotel, so all the furniture is still new, clean and very comfortable.

what I love about the hotel is the location is in Kuta but not in the busy area, easy to go to Kuta, Sanur or Nusadua but you can avoid the traffic jam to get back to your hotel.

would recommend this hotel to my friend that visiting bali and will come back to stay in this hotel again next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Gusti N,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the stay, as your mentioned The Kana Kuta is located in peaceful area of Kuta and highly recommended for guest who want to avoid Kuta's traffic jam.

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

we stay at The Kana Hotel with our two kids, they really enjoy the pool and kids corner. the room is comfortable and variety breakfast choices
they really love their Family Duplex room, especially the stairs looks unique

overall we recommended The Kana Hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear MaxShandy0619,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the stay, as your mentioned Our duplex room with configuration: 1 double bed and 2 single bed in the room is perfect for family.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is brand new, we stay in deluxe room for 4 night. The room is quite comfort for us but there wasn't mini refrigerator. The bathroom little bit slippery because there wasn't curtain or door to seperate shower room. The pool was clean and mini gym is usefull. The staff wa very friendly and helpfull. The meal was good. Wifi is available but the signal very weak. Overall we enjoy to stay in the kana. Thank you the kana hotel

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank RickiRina
KanaKuta, Manajer Umum at The Kana Kuta, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear RickiRina,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the stay, as your mentioned The Kana, Kuta ideally located to explore Bali or Beyond. I have noted on your comments and we are looking into that to improve guest experiences.