“Excellent Stay”
Review of The Kana Kuta

The Kana Kuta
Ranked #6 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have just returned from Bali and I stayed at the Kana Kuta with my daughter and granddaughter, for 5 days. The hotel was above expectations and we found it very clean with lovely decor and lovely staff, especially the young lady at the front desk. The breakfast was very good as well. It was close to everything yet peaceful at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Bali.

Room Tip: A deluxe pool view balcony room, was very good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Madeleine630
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Madeleine630I,

Thank you very much for posting your kind comments on Trip advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you found the products are above your expectations. In addition thank you as well for recognizing our front office attendant for the attentive service.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for your future visit you may contact us : 0361 8496100 / e mail : info@thekana.com.

e mail: gm@thekana.com

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The staff was very corteous, the breakfast is the highlight of this place- amazing choices in the buffet..indonesian, american..the place was very clean and 10 minute drive to Kuta square. It is a short drive from Denpasar airport.- I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelbound10
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Travelbound10,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay, and your positive comments will encourage Our team to ensure the all guests have a calm and comfortable stay.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for future visit you may contact us at : info@thekana.com or 62 361 8496199

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We travel with a family of two young children (3 and 2 yo) and we enjoyed our stay at Kana Hotel. On Setia Budi street, the hotel is located a bit away from the street and the noise! So it is calm and relaxing and the staff is friendly! The rooms are clean and comfortable! Opened in December 2013, we enjoyed staying in a new room ... it is also very close to Kuta beach!

It has kids club, a room with toys and educational toy, my kids love to be inside.. Cool, clean and comfy..

The breakfast is delicious..

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mila A
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear MilaAnggasadi,

The Kana Kuta Hotel is a children and family friendly hotel, our kid's corner have various educational toys for children.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in February 2014. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is mostly Asian food but very tasty. Close enough to Legian road and the beach to walk but far enough away that it's quite at night. Great pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank StrongMatthew
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear StrongMatthew,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay, and your positive comments will encourage Our team to ensure the all guests have a comfortable stay.
Your comment for tasty Asian breakfast will pass to our culinary team, in addition most of our guest appreciate on setting and size of our swimming pool.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is one of the newest ones in Bali (when I stayed there last month, it's just about 2 months old). However, the experience I got during my 4-night stay is beyond my expectation. As a new 'budget' hotel, the service is exceptional. One that surprised me was when I arrived almost mid-night, my room had been ready in term of they turned-on the aircon. I've been regularly visiting Bali and stayed in many hotels but not many of them do this. One of the reason maybe is saving the cost. Considering, the warm weather in Bali, this kind of action is really pleasing me as a guest. Other than that, I was also so happy with their staff courtesy.

Because of the location of the hotel (that not exactly right on the main road), the hotel was very quite. I couldn't hear the traffic in day and night, which was really good to help me have a sound sleep at night.

In room, even though the room size and quality are just average (but the bathroom is very small), their cleanliness was very good. Maybe it's because the hotel is still very new. However, as a guest I hope they could keep up their good work on this. One of the special thing about the room was they have 'Australian' power point, so I didn't need to worry to use my own adapter or ask for one if I forgot to bring it. And, I've never seen any other hotels that I had been staying at having this kind of power point. So, for me this is another thumb-up.

Apart from all the good things I experienced at this hotel, as a new property of course they do have some flaws. One of them was the limited choice of it's buffet breakfast. Every morning I found most of the dishes were the same as the day before. For a guest that had breakfast more than 3 mornings, I found this very boring.

Another thing missing from the hotel was the spa. I love spa, every time I went to the island I always spent sometimes at spa. So realising that they don't have one was disappointing. I think I know the reason why, the hotel is surrounded by many spa. Even there is one just across the hotel. But I didn't try that one. As a hotel guest sometimes I just prefer to have one in the hotel (if they have one). This is due to privacy and convenience. I did ask the staff if they have any contract with some spa nearby, but there's none. I ended up choosing and booking the treatment myself. This is an issue that I think they should overcome soon as I believe I was not and will not be the only guest ask for it. And a recommended one with special rate will be enough to cover my disappointment.

Room Tip: If you are not smoking, don't forget to ask the non-smoking one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank DianArianie
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Dianarien

Thank you very much for posting your kind comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

In addition thank you for your feedback pn breakfast and in house spa facilities which we will look a way for improvements.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

New and properly managed hotel. Clean, homy room with good lights, enough electric sockets to charge my gadgets, with still new furniture at the time of my visit. Warm and helpful staffs, and great breakfast too. Food tasted good, lots of variety, cereals, bread, egg station. Centrally located, near to airport, main places I want to visit as tourist. Room price is just right. Definitely would stay for next visit to bali.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hendra A
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Hendra A,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay, and your positive comments will encourage Our team to ensure the all guests have a comfortable and memorable experience.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Location is brilliant of this new hotel ! Easy access from the airport and close to Kuta and seminyak . Hotel is brand new , great value for money : food wise and room wise ! Suite is utterly amazing ; large bed , bathroom and awesome tv , balcony is cosy and had a nice view facing swimming pool . Food and drinks are great value for money . Staff is very nice , there was an attentive waiter , his name is mahendre , he should get extra credit , same goes to the receptionists who always face you with a smile .
Nice architecture and furniture ! Will come back ... Makasih

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PKTVI
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear PKTVI,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your second stay with us at our Suite Room and you found a great value for room and food. In addition thank you as well for recognizing Mahendra and our receptionists for the attentive service.

e mail: gm@thekana.com