“A Great Hotel in a Mediocre Location”
Review of The Kana Kuta

The Kana Kuta
Ranked #6 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The Kana Hotel has everything you could want. Attentive and courteous service (they even kept our bags for us several days), a big and lovely swimming pool, play room for kids and baby chairs in the dining room, clean and comfortable rooms and a simple but attractive design.

The location of the hotel, however, is a bit far from the main shopping, tourism or beach areas of Kuta. A 20 min cab ride is required to get to these areas. That being said, we still found this to be a good value.

As for the restaurant, we didn't eat there, but rhe restaurant looked nice. There are also free slippers for every guest, just be sure to take one of each color to ensure you don't end up with two left slippers like me.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucien L
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Lucien L,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments will encourage our team to ensure all guests have a comfortable stay at The Kana, Kuta. We have complimentary schedule shuttle bus for guest who want to go to Kuta Beach and Main shopping Mall.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for your future visit you may contact us : + 62 361 8496100 / e mail : info@thekana.com.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a 4 night stay planned in Bali, but since were also travelling to Gili Islands, we had to split our stay in 2 parts 1 night + 3 nights. Let me say the checkout and check in process at both times were smooth and quick. The hotel staff was kind enough to store our extra bags in store room and perishable food items in their refrigerator for 2 nights, while we were in Gili.

I have posted a couple of pictures of the room, it was amply spacious, but the basic ones did not have any view. Just few shrubs and trees around. Morning breakfast spread was sumptuous with a wide variety to choose from - fruits, breads, eggs - live counter, noodles, hash browns, tossed veggies, sausages, and some more dishes. Seats next to the pool area were our favorites for having breakfast and a good chat.

Hotel staff helped us to build an itinerary for our next day travel plan and suggested appropriate routes. They also helped book us cabs and we cross checked rates with outside cabs, there was no mark up. I would say that the staff was very very helpful as we racked their brains at 2 am every night to help us build our schedule for next day and they were not bothered at all. One tip i would like to give is somehow everyone in Bali tends to add 30-45mins extra for the expected travel time, so if they tell you its 2 hours away, its probable 1:15 to 1:30 hrs away.

Location was a bit away from the beach area and party places at Seminyak, but close to Legian. However, if one were to compare the value they offered at that charge was simply unbeatable. I would highly recommend this place to all my friends and being a recently built property, you will minimum nuisances of under-maintenance, leakages, etc. Room service was good as I just ordered a pasta once, as we dined outside mostly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sandy_vagabond
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Sandy_Vagabond,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Price/value: I think we paid around 600' rupiah for our room which I think was good value.

Location: It's located in Kuta but a bit far from the beach and the actual "centre" of Kuta. For example it's around 15 min walk to Discovery Mall and the beach. We stayed only one night and it was quite close to the airport so that was perfect for us.

Room: We were actually upgraded free of charge and the room was really big. Sofa, big bed, armchairs, mirror, desk, lots of closet space. Interior is very new and nice design.

Bathroom: Very fresh with separate shower and all the bathroom amenities that you need.

Food: We tried the hotel's restaurant which was a bit pricey like all hotel's restaurants are! Had a pasta carbonara which was OK, and a rijstafel which was very good. Their Iced cappuccino is so great. It's a cappuccino with ice cream! The breakfast is very good with lots to choose from. International.

Service: Very attentive and friendly. We were upgraded on arrival and received a welcome drink.They showed us to our room. When we needed one more instant coffee for the coffee maker they came up with lots of coffee, tea and creamer bags and a little cookie.

Pool: The pool is really wonderful and the pool area is so beautiful and feels really luxurious. Quite a lot of sunbeds.

Wifi: Worked really good!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AT17A
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear AT17A,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This. was my first trip to Bali and I was looking for a hotel in Kuta. The name of the hotel is actually a little bit misleading since it is quite a long walk to the main tourist area of Kuta. The location makes this place less than desirable for me to come back again. I also had some trouble getting transportation from the airport confirmed so I almost ended up booking it twice. On the first night the reception called me in my room at 3 am to tell me that they forgot to charge me for the transportation service. They could have told me in advance that it is not a free of charge service rather than calling me in the middle of the night. I am sorry but I can't share the raving reviews for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Georg D

Dear Georg D,

Thank you for having stayed with Us and thank you for your valuable time in evaluating our product and service on the guest questionnaire upon check out and via Trip Advisor.

I am truly sorry for the airport pick up is not on complimentary basis and there is a cost for this service which we didn't re confirmed to you when booked room by Agoda.

We have discussed with my Front office manager on how to improve communication in this area.

Should you wish visit Us again, please drop e mail to : gm@thekana.com

With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed only 1 night on 23 june-24 june,arrived at night in holiday season,surprisingly i got a room after a lady in reception checked all booking that day and find 1 room vacant then a welcome drink and a small cake delivered while check in process. All staff are good,always smile and made some chat just like a friend. I felt like in home. Room was good,minimalist and i love the slippers. Breakfast with buffet and even they served sushi. Alao a standard pool located at center of hotel. With a 5 stars service but 3 stars price, The Kana Kuta break my heart and definetely my first choice when i come back to Bali. Thank you The Kana Kuta.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mahardika P,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recently checked out of the Kana after 10 great nights. This hotel really has got 'customer satisfaction' at the top of its priorities.

There are an overwhelming number of hotels to choose from in Kuta, and it's difficult to create a new hotel that stands out from the over crowded market, but this hotel has strong principles of exceptionally clean rooms, a warm genuine smile at every turn and great value for money.

We stayed in a balcony room which was worth the extra few dollars as these are all pool facing and it provides you that extra space.

The hotel arranged motorbike hire at 5 US dollars per day with a local hire company, which is needed if you want to explore Kuta and the places just beyond.

We will return and a final thanks to all the staff, in particular Eva who is a young trainee working at reception who was delightful.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are worth that just that little extra.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Sherlock_Holmes_007,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Didn't know what to expect as it was our time and first night in Bali. Arrived late at night with two very tired children. Lovely welcome on arrival, welcoming drinks. Room was spotless and very comfy. Breakfast was fantastic, staff very friendly. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We had a family room, kids downstairs and my husband and I upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Alison R,