“It's feel like home!!”
Review of The Kana Kuta

The Kana Kuta
Ranked #6 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family in the middle of April 2014. It's a new 4 star hotel with everything you could wish for.
When we arrived, the check in was smooth, and they served us with a fruit punch juice and a light snack of eby samosa.
Our room is Executive Room on 1st floor, the room is big anough ( around 30 sqm ) with sofa bed, coffee and tea maker and complete facilities.
They have 2 restaurants, Seleriana and Star Anise Restaurant with Indonesian Grand Rasjtaffel ( 18 kind of food )
The breakfast was awsome, especially the colourful noddle( all of it are home made ). And they also have sushi corner ( you can not find it in other hotels in this area ).
What I love the most is the staff..they are so friendly and always smile anytime we meet them, and make me feel at home.
Will definitely back to this hotel and will recomend it to all my friends and family.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Dessy D,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for your future visit you may contact us : + 62 361 8496100 / e mail : info@thekana.com.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed at The Kana several times during my stay in Bali and absolutely love it! The staff are so attentive and friendly, every time i walk through the foyer i am greeted so warmly and treated like family. Gita and Gusti especially are absolutely fantastic!
From the moment you walk through the door you receive 5 star service for a fraction of the price. I have stayed at many hotels not only in Bali and the service i have received here is by far the best!
The location is not extremely central but you can catch a taxi to Kuta Square for approximately 15000 IDR ($1.50 AUD) and personally i prefer to be slightly out of the craziness of Kuta and actually be able to have a good nights sleep.
I would highly recommend The Kana, i highly doubt you would be able to find a hotel of this quality, location and service anywhere else for such a bargain!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Carl K,

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The Kana Hotel has everything you could want. Attentive and courteous service (they even kept our bags for us several days), a big and lovely swimming pool, play room for kids and baby chairs in the dining room, clean and comfortable rooms and a simple but attractive design.

The location of the hotel, however, is a bit far from the main shopping, tourism or beach areas of Kuta. A 20 min cab ride is required to get to these areas. That being said, we still found this to be a good value.

As for the restaurant, we didn't eat there, but rhe restaurant looked nice. There are also free slippers for every guest, just be sure to take one of each color to ensure you don't end up with two left slippers like me.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucien L
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Lucien L,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments will encourage our team to ensure all guests have a comfortable stay at The Kana, Kuta. We have complimentary schedule shuttle bus for guest who want to go to Kuta Beach and Main shopping Mall.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a 4 night stay planned in Bali, but since were also travelling to Gili Islands, we had to split our stay in 2 parts 1 night + 3 nights. Let me say the checkout and check in process at both times were smooth and quick. The hotel staff was kind enough to store our extra bags in store room and perishable food items in their refrigerator for 2 nights, while we were in Gili.

I have posted a couple of pictures of the room, it was amply spacious, but the basic ones did not have any view. Just few shrubs and trees around. Morning breakfast spread was sumptuous with a wide variety to choose from - fruits, breads, eggs - live counter, noodles, hash browns, tossed veggies, sausages, and some more dishes. Seats next to the pool area were our favorites for having breakfast and a good chat.

Hotel staff helped us to build an itinerary for our next day travel plan and suggested appropriate routes. They also helped book us cabs and we cross checked rates with outside cabs, there was no mark up. I would say that the staff was very very helpful as we racked their brains at 2 am every night to help us build our schedule for next day and they were not bothered at all. One tip i would like to give is somehow everyone in Bali tends to add 30-45mins extra for the expected travel time, so if they tell you its 2 hours away, its probable 1:15 to 1:30 hrs away.

Location was a bit away from the beach area and party places at Seminyak, but close to Legian. However, if one were to compare the value they offered at that charge was simply unbeatable. I would highly recommend this place to all my friends and being a recently built property, you will minimum nuisances of under-maintenance, leakages, etc. Room service was good as I just ordered a pasta once, as we dined outside mostly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sandy_vagabond
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Sandy_Vagabond,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Price/value: I think we paid around 600' rupiah for our room which I think was good value.

Location: It's located in Kuta but a bit far from the beach and the actual "centre" of Kuta. For example it's around 15 min walk to Discovery Mall and the beach. We stayed only one night and it was quite close to the airport so that was perfect for us.

Room: We were actually upgraded free of charge and the room was really big. Sofa, big bed, armchairs, mirror, desk, lots of closet space. Interior is very new and nice design.

Bathroom: Very fresh with separate shower and all the bathroom amenities that you need.

Food: We tried the hotel's restaurant which was a bit pricey like all hotel's restaurants are! Had a pasta carbonara which was OK, and a rijstafel which was very good. Their Iced cappuccino is so great. It's a cappuccino with ice cream! The breakfast is very good with lots to choose from. International.

Service: Very attentive and friendly. We were upgraded on arrival and received a welcome drink.They showed us to our room. When we needed one more instant coffee for the coffee maker they came up with lots of coffee, tea and creamer bags and a little cookie.

Pool: The pool is really wonderful and the pool area is so beautiful and feels really luxurious. Quite a lot of sunbeds.

Wifi: Worked really good!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AT17A
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear AT17A,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This. was my first trip to Bali and I was looking for a hotel in Kuta. The name of the hotel is actually a little bit misleading since it is quite a long walk to the main tourist area of Kuta. The location makes this place less than desirable for me to come back again. I also had some trouble getting transportation from the airport confirmed so I almost ended up booking it twice. On the first night the reception called me in my room at 3 am to tell me that they forgot to charge me for the transportation service. They could have told me in advance that it is not a free of charge service rather than calling me in the middle of the night. I am sorry but I can't share the raving reviews for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Georg D

Dear Georg D,

Thank you for having stayed with Us and thank you for your valuable time in evaluating our product and service on the guest questionnaire upon check out and via Trip Advisor.

I am truly sorry for the airport pick up is not on complimentary basis and there is a cost for this service which we didn't re confirmed to you when booked room by Agoda.

We have discussed with my Front office manager on how to improve communication in this area.

Should you wish visit Us again, please drop e mail to : gm@thekana.com

With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed only 1 night on 23 june-24 june,arrived at night in holiday season,surprisingly i got a room after a lady in reception checked all booking that day and find 1 room vacant then a welcome drink and a small cake delivered while check in process. All staff are good,always smile and made some chat just like a friend. I felt like in home. Room was good,minimalist and i love the slippers. Breakfast with buffet and even they served sushi. Alao a standard pool located at center of hotel. With a 5 stars service but 3 stars price, The Kana Kuta break my heart and definetely my first choice when i come back to Bali. Thank you The Kana Kuta.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mahardika P,