“Good place for Family Stay”
Review of The Kana Kuta

The Kana Kuta
Ranked #4 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the Kana for 3 nights. I brought my parents along and we had a lovely time. The daily breakfast buffet was good with a variety of choices and the bedrooms are clean. The staff were also very friendly and greeted you by your first name. When we first arrived, we did not expect the hotel to be that far away from Kuta Beach. However, after we visited Kuta Beach and the nearby shopping places that took us about 45 minutes - an hour to reach due to the traffic jam, we were glad that we stayed at the Kana.

The downside to the Kana hotel would be :

1) Not close to the Kuta beach tourist area. There are no shopping stalls along the road outside the hotel and also not close to eating places.
2) The road leading to the hotel is a bit dark although there is a guard.
3) The entrance to the hotel restaurant is a bit far. They should have a back entrance leading to the restaurant. Instead we have to walk down the dark road to the restaurant.

Other than the above, the Kana is a nice place to stay for a good nights sleep. Peaceful and quiet for families with children and senior citizens.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Sansan_28,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Kana, Kuta Hotel.

Thank you for having stayed with Us and for your future visit you may contact us : + 62 361 8496100 / e mail : info@thekana.com.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After a very recent 10 day stay my wife and I can not speak highly enough of this hotel and the staff. Our room with a balcony was beautifully presented and spotlessly clean; the king size bed fit for a king and queen. The linen on the bed was so fresh every day we guessed the staff must have changed the sheets. We loved the elephant and other creatures made for us out of towels and the way our bed was turned down if we were late back in the evening. We ate at both restaurants. The Indonesian rice table at the Star Anise was fabulous; the traditional Balinese music, costumes and dancing really special. The breakfast at the restaurant overlooking the pool is without doubt the most comprehensive and best we have had in all the years we have been travelling the world. We enjoyed our 10 minute walk to the beach every morning. There is a great western style supermarket just around the corner where we stocked up on bottled water and a few other bits and pieces; the only one we saw in Kuta. Having said all of this, the most impressive aspect of staying at The Kana was the wonderfully friendly and attentive staff. Every member of staff from front of house to reception to the waiters and the cleaners stopped to greet us as we passed every day. Many took the time to ask where we had come from and chat about our plans for the day. This was the highlight of our holiday and the reason why we just can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: It's worth an upgrade to a deluxe room with a balcony and to have the breakfast included.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear GarthK190,

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the kana for 5 nights, everything here is quite accurate, it's a beautiful hotel, clean, pretty and it feels like staying in luxury. Also the breakfast buffet is FANTASTIC with different selections everyday!
Although it is a wonderful hotel here are a few (albeit small) cons that were not previously mentioned that I would have liked to know.

1. It is not as close to the tourist area of Kuta as I thought, it seems it be in more of a local area and it is quite a walk to the restaurants and beach etc. we did not mind this but children or disabled people would find it hard to get around as the footpaths around this area are shockingly dangerous.

2. There is no hair dryer so if you have really long hair like me make sure you take one.

3. There is a bit of a alleyway to get to the hotel, which is a little creepy to walk down at night. There is a security guard nearby though.

4. The view from our room is shocking. The back of a supermarket and a paddock which is full of burning rubbish and amongst this burning rubbish are cows ! These Cowes are not only eating in a dirty, polluted paddock they also have rocks ties under their necks to keep their heads down and eating. I know this sort of thing is common in Bali, but it does make me uncomfortable to see out the window. I will upload a photo of this view.

Other than these cons, a wonderful place to stay - especially for the price! I love all of the staff here, friendliest in the world.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shape21

Dear Shape 21,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments will encourage our team to ensure all guests have a comfortable stay at The Kana, Kuta. in addition, thank you as well for constructive feed back on outside of hotel area which we can not control however if I may suggest to have a scheduled hotel shuttle bus or taxi to Kuta beach, walking for senior and young guest is not recommended.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have just returned for an 8 night stay at the Kana and have also read all the reviews. I have to say I agree with almost everything.we arrived at 10am and even though check in time is 2.00 they had our room ready and checked us in. The family room was spacious but the bathroom whilst clean and modern was a tad small. One negative for the family room is they had no provision to hang wet swimsuits as there are no balcony facilities and a few extra coat hangers would have been nice. All our requests were promptly met with no complaints. The hotel itself was well maintained and the staff were friendly and very accommodating.

The pool area was clean with lovely beds and whilst limited were never full. The breakfast was good for a three star hotel and I had to keep reminding myself not be be critical with small issues when comparing it to 4 and 5 star hotels that we normally stay at.

The down side was the location and but taxis were very easy to come by and arrived within a few minutes when called by the hotel. Yes the charges were only $1.50 to Kuta but most cabs have a minimum charge of $3.0 so that is the cost but still value for money. The funny thing is I never knew there was a shuttle bus, it is not advertised.

We had a few snacks by the pool and like every other hotel were more expensive than other establishments but compared to Perth prices were still cheap. However the food was good.

Another issue I would like to note and this is personal to me is that they have flat screen TV's dotted around with loop International music playing but the sound was always turned down and Balinese piped music replaced the sound. I asked a few waiters and waitresses why this was so and they all told me they would much prefer to listen to the international music but are forced to listen to authentic music to give the hotel ambience. Come on management I think guests and staff should be able to listen to what makes them happy.

Would I come here again yes absolutely for the price, however, my children whilst they enjoyed their stay would prefer to be at a resort hotel where there is more entertainment such as the Hard Rock or the Mandira Beach. But you are then paying up to $350 per night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Nichola0112,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments will encourage our team to ensure all guests have a comfortable stay at The Kana, Kuta. in addition, thank you as well for the personal comment of international piped music which we have after 11 am, morning music theme is soft Balinese music. Shuttle bus to Kuta beach is written on Our room directory, the service at 11 am and 4 pm daily

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed Here With My Family IN JULY 2014 .ITS A SMALL HOTEL OF ABT 92 rooms but the staff IS very helpful quick responsive and courteou smooth check in. Nice clean hotel. The breakfast had lot of varieties but since we were indian vegetarians, for us it wasnt that great, the hotel people then made special breakfast for us which was vegetarian.Walkable distance from the happennings... offer free shuttle to beach .....
This All For A Very Reasonable Price. Highly recomended for budget travellers .

1  Thank rajesh s
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Rajesh S,

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The service, amenities, and courtesy I received for the miniscule price of $40 (AUD) per night at The Kana was outstanding. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for luxury on a budget. The only slight drawback is location, however I never paid more than $2.50 for a taxi into the center of Kuta. Breakfast was excellent and the rooms are lovely and new, so get in before word spreads and you're required to pay double the price!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
KanaKuta, General Manager at The Kana Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Citizen S,

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family in the middle of April 2014. It's a new 4 star hotel with everything you could wish for.
When we arrived, the check in was smooth, and they served us with a fruit punch juice and a light snack of eby samosa.
Our room is Executive Room on 1st floor, the room is big anough ( around 30 sqm ) with sofa bed, coffee and tea maker and complete facilities.
They have 2 restaurants, Seleriana and Star Anise Restaurant with Indonesian Grand Rasjtaffel ( 18 kind of food )
The breakfast was awsome, especially the colourful noddle( all of it are home made ). And they also have sushi corner ( you can not find it in other hotels in this area ).
What I love the most is the staff..they are so friendly and always smile anytime we meet them, and make me feel at home.
Will definitely back to this hotel and will recomend it to all my friends and family.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family