“Friendly, Balinese family-owned & run, small & homely” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bali Sorgawi Hotel

Bali Sorgawi Hotel
Ranked #167 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Friendly, Balinese family-owned & run, small & homely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I've been to Bali more times than I can remember over the last 25 years. Have stayed at expensive 5 star multi-national corporation-owned resorts, rented houses, but much prefered the solitude & friendliness of this intimate little hotel. Everything you need is close by, yet once you retreat down the short lane off Jl Legian, you are away from the noise & hussle & bussle. My room was huge, spotless & had a huge balcony. It was cleaned thouroughly every day despite me telling the staff it didn't really need cleaning. I loved it and it was great value. I'd stay here again on my next trip to Bali & I'm sure the staff would still call me by my name. Possibly not recomended for children, & for many of us that is a joy. I have travelled to Bali many times with my children when they were younger & they enjoy the resorts as they meet other kids. But if you are passed all that, & you don't want noisy children, this is the place for you.

4 Thank mskatie1959

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed in this place for 4 days.. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. If you wish to get a good sleep, choose this hotel. They also offer free wifi to guests which is a plus..

• Stayed March 2012
8 Thank mitzlom182
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We were meant to stay 3 nights, left after one. To be fair, I know what to expect of cheaper legion places, so it's not like I was expecting the grand Hyatt. I've had spinal surgery an do need to be careful of mattresses etc. room was small and basic, air con not working properly. Bathroom hadn't been cleaned but this is usually able to be overlooked. The bed was so uncomfortable, pillows were sacks full of rags and stuffed so high you couldn't use them. The water stopped working after we got home from dinner, no shower or running toilet. They came to inspect and it switched on father 5 or so minutes. Not as close to all the action as others for same price. Left next morning. If you want a cheap place to crash and can sleep on anything, then go for it but I've stayed at far nicer for same price in Bali.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah N
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

The Bali Sorgawi really is a hidden gem in the Kuta area.

It's not a five star resort, it's not brand new, so if that's what you want from your trip to Bali, it's not the place for you. But if you want somewhere affordable, clean, well airconditioned and very, very Balinese, then you can't go wrong with the Sorgawi.

My wife and I stayed there in Jan 2012 as part of our honeymoon, and we loved it. It's so quiet – you usually find you have the pool to yourself – and the breakfast menu is simple, but very nice.

The location is good too. It's off Jalan Legian enough to be quiet, but close enough to the action to be, well, part of the action.

Couldn't recommend it high enough.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Andrew v
jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

It's not fair for this nice little hotel if I didn't give them the reviews because this is really nice and friendly place to stay in Legian.
This is my first stayed and I stayed here with my friends, there is 4 of us to have girls holidays.
We stayed in their family rooms with 2 big double bed, a small living room and clean bathroom in the second floor. The AC works very well (which I think the coolest AC I've ever stayed in Bali),the room is clean and the light is very bright. The cleaner came whenever we out for breakfast and put free water bottle in the refrigerator, yes, we do have big refrigerator in the living room for family rooms.

it's very cheap, so don't get your hopes too high for 5 star hotel or some high class resorts.
The breakfast is limited, you can pick from the menu and that was it. I don't have any reason to complain.

there is smallish swimming pool which turns out to be a private pool for everyone who love sun bathing or relaxing around it, because no one using the pool. You can get free pick up from the Airport, its including at their cheapest rates, just ask them.

The staff is friendly and smiley, This is little gem in a busy street.

Room Tip: paid for deluxe room in the first floor.
2 Thank kittycat33
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We were meant to stay at the Bali Sorgawi for 3 nights in december although we escaped after one. Firstly the staff were unfriendly, then we saw our rooms, in which has stained sheets, and the dirtiest bathrooms I have ever seen. The mirror and basin looked as though it hadnt been cleaned in 10 years, and my toilet was leaking. Throughout the night we heard a huge crash and in the morning we awoke to find that parts of the roof and walls of the hotel had fallen down. To top things off they refused to serve me breakfast at 10:50 am although they notified us at reception that it was available till 11.

Dont stay here.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kellymc001

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

First day, our flight delayed, but we still waste around 20 mins to wait the driver, but the driver did apology sincerely and he claimed that legian road very jam during weekend.

22 Oct mid night we stayed at Room 103, the room is old but the hot water is good. It is ok for us to stay only one night there.

25 Oct we stayed at Room 1101, the room is new, and there is new refrigerator, new aircon and new television and heater. but the heater not really hot for room 1101.

There are few staffs there, 1st night ,the staff super nice. but the 2nd stay, the staffs there a bit unfriendly. I feel like there is race discrimination. It is very obvious when I order my breakfast, the staff who serve me looked at me with total disdain. Then another two foreigner from western, he smile to them and ask them how is their night and greet them good morning. So Asian doesn't derserve a greet or better service?

Breakfast is simple but ok.

50,000 rupiah if you need the hotel's staff drop you to airport.

From hotel to hardrock hotel area, it is around 15,000 to 20,000 rupiah. Remember to ask the Taxi's driver charge you by meter.

Overall, it is ok to stay.

Room Tip: Remember to request the new renovation room, otherwise, the old room not really value to stay. You c...
1 Thank candle_haha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Rosani Hotel
#43 of 250 in Kuta
Siesta Legian Hotel
Siesta Legian Hotel
#35 of 84 in Legian

Been to Bali Sorgawi Hotel? Share your experiences!