“bad bad bad. from prior to arrival to leaving the hotel!!”
Review of The Oasis Kuta

The Oasis Kuta
Ranked #189 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Prior to arriving at the hotel, I had to use fax to send my reservations over because their internet is down, hence they could not receive emails. I had trouble sending my fax because their line is always "busy".

Upon arrival, was surprised that the entrance is in a small alley.

Aircon sux. Not cold at all despite calling the technician EVERY single day. Wonder is the aircon problem or the technician problem as nothing changes after "servicing" it. And there are a lot of mosqitoes around.

On last day, our flight was 9pm. There's no common shower place in the hotel. Hence we are unable to slack our time away by sun tanning by the pool. Front office guy suggested us to extend our room to 6pm, 200000rupiah.

The next day, we took up the suggestion and head over to the lobby to extend our room til 6pm. Lobby lady said entend til 6pm is 250000rupiah. We were shock cause just the night before, we were told its 200000rupiah. She insisited that the guy before had said wrongly. Its like come on man, you can change the rates you told your guest as and when you like? one moment 200000, one moment 250000. Althought 50000 additional is not a big difference, but it's how you value your guest that matters the most.

We were very disappointed with the service the hotel provides.

Nevertheless, although its not at the prime location, the location is not bad. But there's more others at prime location with almost the same price as Oasis Kuta.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms with straight access to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Etkn

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I wanted to see the room before I paid. The staff refused, I asked to speak to the manager about viewing the room to ensure it was a non smoking room. I was told its not hotel policy to preview the rooms. On top of that I reserved through booking.com, I never received confirmation of the reservation to see the total charges. The staff told my the cost of the room with taxes amounted to double the original reservation. I again requested to speak with a manager. I refused to pay and left. Worse hotel I've ever encountered

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Intl_TravelSeeker
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed a week and i hate to tell that the house keeping opened my door to clean up d room even im still sleeping
I really disagree the way the treat us even i put the warning statment dont disturb but they try open the door with their own keys ...
The hotel was nice and friendly staff but the pool was not so good its dirty and never they changed the water after !!i had clogged wastfel which i try to quick drain but doesnt work i asked them to fix it up but nothing much they can do ....
And the room is a bit dirty you know they didnt clean up the toilet rooma and too
Much dusty around .....

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent, just a short walk to Pasar Seni Kuta and Kuta beach. The pool is great, all rooms facing the pool. But access to the hotel is difficult, especially for those who come to the hotel with cars, you have to go through small alley. Breakfast is very basic, room facilities is even more basic. There's no kettle, tea + coffee in the room. It's ok to stay for a day or two.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank anneluntungan
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Had a pleasant stay. The hotel is located in a small lane but an oasis indeed as you enter to find the reception. Nice pool and nothing to complain about for the price paid. Facing nothing but greenery. Doors were not safely secured. Feel like a hard kick and it will be broken. Advise not to leave expensive stuff in the room.

Room Tip: Hidden away. A real oasis indeed. Can't see this hotel from the main street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

During my stay here I traveled with friends between the age group of 18-25.
I believe this was an awesome hotel for access to the center of Kuta for food and night life. The rooms were cleaned each day and provided with fresh towels. I found all staff to be friendly and helpful. We had many issues with the toilets blocking up, however the staff were onto fixing it each time and fast. The bottom level rooms were beautiful as we were able to walk straight out onto the pool. Wifi was great however wasn't strong enough to reach to our rooms which were near the end of the hotel. Breakfast was always tasty and safe.

Room Tip: Pool side was perfect and even with people playing loud music above our rooms we could still barely...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte31Gray
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This accommodation was great value for money. The rooms were compact but had everything you needed. Bathrooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Access to the pool, restaurant and bar was only a few steps to each. The swimming pool was beautiful. The hotel was very quiet and off the main drag, plenty of markets and eateries around though. Not too far from the beach, only a five minute walk. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family