“Can't wait to return”

Ranked #7 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay here and we loved it great room we stayed in a family room this time the first time we had 2 standard interconnecting rooms when we come next time we come we will get the interconnecting rooms as 2 toilets 2 tvs 2 fridges etc but the family rooms are very large and clean. The kids love the pool the staff are very friendly breakfast is great the egg/waffle station is very good and the spa is amazing I enjoyed Balinese massage stone massage facial etc all fantastic and we love the location everything in walking distance. we will definatly be returning this hotel is great value for money

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Marie580

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed in the febris for four nights at the end of October ,as this was our first trip to bali we chose febris as the reviews on TA were very good ,,,, I'm sorry to say that we did not enjoy this hotel , our first problem was our ac did not cool room , we asked for a fan ,whitch the lovely staff gave us , but alas this just moved hot air around the room ,we got very little sleep because of the uncomfortable humidity in room , we asked to be moved, the only room available apparently was one without a private balcony ???the room had no glasses for tooth hygiene. But did have a bottle opener in bathroom , I think. That says a lot , breakfast was good and plentiful. But there were some small ants on the crockery and cutlery ,, but I guess that is due to climate in bali ,, on our second day I went for a swim , when I got out my swimsuit was compleatly faded I had used this suit before , without any problems , I brought this to the attention of Paul the gm , but he would not accept any responsibility. ,and said he would put his wife's swimsuit in pool to try it. Out ( two days later ) he also said he asked other guests if they had problems with pool , we were the only people using this particular pool on the morning my swimsuit was ruined , !! we used transport outside for our move to ubud , we paid them for full day , but every time we said can we see things along the way , he pretended. He couldn't understand us ,we arrived at our hotel in ubud at noon , but I guess we need to be more assertive when using.transport and private drivers , and next time be more organised in our plans of where we want to see. ,, we stopped once at a temple , and at silver shop ,, the saving grace for our stay in the febris was the charming and gracious staff ,, including the gm who was very charming if not very helpful ,,, as this was our first trip to bali it didn't give us the bali experience we were expecting ,and as such we were very disappointed , we had notified the hotel that this holiday was to celebrate our 36 th wedding anniversary , but this was not mentioned in hotel , but we went on to stay in two other hotels in bali , and I can now say I love bali and I love the balinese people. I don't think we will be returning to this hotel in future and I don't think I could justify recommending it to friends

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rosierossie
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear "rosierossie" of Dublin, Ireland

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your concerns. I am sorry that the hotel failed to impress you & your wife on your first stop in Bali.

I am sorry to learn that your room's aircon was not cold enough (despite its room temperature being as low as 24 C as compared to outside temperature being 31 C at the time of report). On the 2nd day of your stay, one of our Receptionists suggested an alternative room with a new aircon unit for you but you refused to take it simply because its balcony was not private and its location was not in front of the swimming pool like the one you stayed in. Kindly be reminded that this alternative room was in fact the room type you booked and paid for (while your room was an upgrade).

As for the room amenities, in addition to the readily available coffee mugs and tea/coffee making facilities, highball glasses can be provided (among many other amenity supplies such as wine glasses and cutting knives). However, those must be requested to your room attendant (or simply dial 0 from your room telephone unit). Such arrangement was actually in place following suggestions from our regular patrons due to many unexpected accidents in bedroom and bathroom as many of them were families travelling with children. However, I thank you for your feedback and I shall bring this up to the room attendant team to be more informative about extra amenities available on request. I regret that you did not mention about this to me or to any other staff at the hotel during your stay.

I understand about your wife's feeling when she found her swimsuit's colour fade. Right after receiving your report that morning about the swimsuit, I took the liberty to find information from several other guests who had used the small pool at the back and they did not express any problem (fading swimsuits nor any indication for the pool water anomaly). I also checked the pool water + daily service records (for its chlorine and pH levels) dated back from 2 days prior to our meeting and found they were normal too. With all due respect, the above observations did not suggest the pool water to be the cause for your wife's swimsuit fading colour. I wish I was able to find solution to it as frankly I can't figure out what caused the fading as other patrons were also using the pool with the same water condition.

I checked with the transport community who stand by in front of the hotel and was informed that you took an offer from a street side driver with cheaper price for your transfer to Ubud. I wish you had taken our receptionist's recommendation for the community drivers as generally they speak better English than transport drivers outside the hotel. I am aware that their price is slightly more expensive but their service is far more reliable.

Your room attendant had actually put a lot of efforts to impress you with his artistic animal towels and fresh flower petals on your bed daily (without any charge). I regret that you did not pay attention to his efforts as though the hotel team had forgotten about your wedding anniversary. Being a 3-star hotel with economy price, with regret, we can't provide any more freebies (although we can always set up elaborate decorations and flower arrangements, this must be organized prior to your arrival for a price).

Despite the above negatives, I was relieved to find some positives too in your review. Your favourable feedback about the hotel staff (including the GM being charming) was noted with many thanks.

Paulus Wibowo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Another return trip and stayed once again at Febri Hotel & Spa; although it was the first time for my mum, her friend & my aunt (my cousins second trip, but first staying at Febri)..

Once again the staff were fantastic!! All were polite and couldn't be more helpful and I don't think that you'd ever catch any of the staff just kicking back like they do in Perth - they are always busy doing something!!

The Spa at Febri is divine - highly recommend the Glowing Toes 1.5hrs(includes pedicure with Paraffin) around $15AUD; Foot reflexology 1.5hrs(includes neck, shoulder massage) also around $15AUD and best of all the Essence of Bali 2hrs (it is the reflexology & combine with the Stone Back Massage) around $20AUD - feels like your floating ...

The drink service is great & the food is fantastic value for money and everyone loves their spring rolls...

Rooms are super clean, little towel animals each day, water quality (although not drinkable) is great, good pressure and doesn't have that 'smell' that some of the hotels have, aircon is excellent and they burn mozzie burners all day outside rooms (I still recommend taking a spray to do your room again in the evening if they like the taste of your blood as they do mine).. water everyday in your room also and we purchased a small container across at the shop to put ice into as we made it thru the day to add to our drinks.

This time round we had a whole section of rooms on the ground level near the pool area which was awesome as the hotel did their utmost to keep us together as a group. Our friends who came in a few days later were placed in same area a few rooms down.

Love how Paul (GM of hotel) went around and introduced himself to guests everyday and also how both himself & wife monitored the staff and made suggestions of changes to them - fantastic guidance for new staff learning the ropes.

The hotel is close to everything - if further away you can jump in a cab right at the front doors and they will organise transport for you back to the airport at the end of your stay.

Nothing is too much trouble at this hotel - will be visiting again & this is the place to stay.

Highly recommend to anyone wanting a hotel that is a bit more family orientated and laid back - it is not a 'party hotel'.

The footpaths were still being worked on out on the streets (which is always happening somewhere in Bali) but not a big concern as I just walked on road - but it was nice to see that Hotel Management brought this to my other travelling parties attention and advised to take cabs if needed so no one injured themselves on the uneven grounds in case it spoilt their trip - this is not something that hotels in Australia seem to care about.

10/10 to all the staff!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from people moving around grounds and rooms; however ground floors are...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank gboland
mELBOURNE
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have just returned from my 4th stay at Febris Hotel.
I have stayed in the Standard, Superior, and family room in the past and this time we booked two inter-connecting standard rooms.
The kids had a ball as usual, two pools, comfy beds, immaculate room cleaning, spotless beds and bathrooms. Standard rooms are quite small, but have big bathrooms. We were provided with a free portacot for our baby which was of high Australian standard and very clean.
Water bottles are provided free of charge daily and rooms are cleaned daily.
Air cons work great, and fridges are icy cold.
The only down side is the quality of the restaurant declining. 8 months ago the restaurant was brilliant and there was a head chef/restaurant manager there all the time, but we did not see him this time. At times, it took a while to be served, and we waited longer than usual for our food to arrive. However, the food here is the cheapest in the street!
Breakfast is great, a huge assortment and plenty for every taste. Egg station, pancake station and waffles!
The day spa here is brilliant. Perfectly clean, high quality linen and massage beds, and icy cold airconditioning. Very good pricing and packages available too

Room Tip: Ground floor at the rear of the hotel is where there is another smaller pool which has a lot more sh...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniella J
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed at the Febris Hotel 4years in a row now. I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family and no one has yet been disappointed. The rooms are very clean, the staff are very friendly, the food is great and the massages to die for. The management treat you like a friend and Paulis and Annie always find time to talk to you and are always asking for opinions for improvement, not that any are really needed. Susan, in charge of the restaurant has a great sense of humour and so have all the waiters especially July. Mrs Wuyhuni in charge of all the reservation bookings is very professional and approachable, everyone understands and speaks fluent english. Breakfast is great, location is excellent, management and staff cater for your needs and are very friendly, what more can you ask for? Love it , love it. Connie Garces

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Cornilius
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to stay, definitely recommend! Get to sit in the lobby and watch the traffic go by, the staff are very lovely and are always making sure you are ok.
You can always get a sun chair by the pool, the pool never seems to be busy which is great, lovely hotel!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebeccaalley
perth
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hi
as i first walked off the street and to reception i thought, alright, walked passed the main pool, which was lovely nice trees shading one side,also a kids area if you have kids with you. i was taken to my room 5102 bottom floor opposite chill pool. First thing i noticed i had a key to open the room door, then once you were in your room, you had to them lock yourself in your room with the key, instead of a pressing a lock button on the inside, no chain lock either. the room was nice, bathroom nice but average. personally i would rather stay at the All seasons hotel in Legian for roughly the same price. the brekkie was standard. as i was staying here for 2 nights by myself i felt very uneasy when in my room, i dont know why but i did. good location opposite Dynasty hotel, and close to discovery Mall, i dont think i would stay here again, for my money i would rather stay in Legian.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kez b
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear "kez b" of Perth,

Thanks for your recent stay at Febri's Hotel. It was a pity that you only stayed for 2 nights as you would have discovered more from the hotel and what this end of town has to offer. Many mature travellers who stay with their families keep coming back to this area years after years because of the wide shopping and family-friendly facilities nearby (such as Waterbom Park, Discovery Shopping Mall and the upcoming Lippo Mall Kuta which will be fully completed in a few months).

You are correct that the hotel is a lovely spot if you have kids travelling with you due to its spacious lay out and facilities available for families. That's why Febri's is always promoted as a family hotel (as well as most established hotels along Jalan Kartika Plaza).

As you were travelling solo, our Reservations had deliberately chosen a room away from the family area for you, i.e. the quiet area in front of the smaller swimming pool at the rear of the hotel. In fact, your room has been requested by many of our repeat patrons when they make their booking. I wish you had described what made you feel uneasy with your room more precisely so that I could attend to them more effectively.

The provided room key must be used to lock your entrance door (from outside as well as from inside your room). This locking systems is meant avoid accidental locked-out which often happen with simple "pressing" lock button on the inside. As for extra security purposes, besides a double-locking option with our door lock systems, your entrance door also has a wide-angle door viewer and a manual locking systems from inside. Hence, chain lock is no longer necessary especially that CCTV cameras are in place along all hotel corridors to monitor room entrance doors.

I appreciate your positive review on your bedroom, bathroom, shading trees along the pools, hotel's location for its close proximity to shops and mall. I also noticed your positive review for very good sleep quality during your stay here, which quite unlikely would be as good if you had stayed in Legian or central Kuta closer to the night club areas (as many of our repeat patrons have reported).

Hopefully you will consider staying at Febri's Hotel again on your next Bali holiday.

Paulus Wibowo