“Great Spa”

Ranked #7 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Darwin, Australia
“Great Spa”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Loved it here. We actually went twice in the same trip. Once with the family, then once as a couple on my birthday. First time, I got a facial which includes either a leg massage or a back massage, second time I went, I got a pedicure package and my eyebrows waxed. Good prices, definitely worth it. Felt so relaxed and not a care in the world. Next time we go there we are hoping to get the five hour couple package.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsG89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel deserves one of the best ratings for the price range. Location and service at Febri's was excellent during our 14 day stay with 10 friends and family.
This hotel is know as being family friendly - my daughter loved the hotel - kids pool and play ground + fish pond allowed her to play + be herself. Staff took time to talk and play with her.
You get a Great King size bed - Clean room - nice A/C (32 C every day) decent sized rooms (hotel should list size on web site) Great Spa (just wow!!) - Restaurant was amazing from the breakfast buffet to the over the top Grilled Tuna!! The hotel team takes pride in their job - you can see that at every level - Very Clean, experienced staff on all levels. GM and family were very positive and love what they do.. rubs off on the staff. We had multiple massages and services (which we rare do - usually off the street) but the spa staff were so good, we used their services over and over again. This was my 4th time in Bali ( from Canada) and I have only stayed in the Benoa 5 star hotel area.....this hotel impressed me beyond words. You would be foolish not to stay at this hotel if you are planning to stay in Kuta... everything is so close too from shopping, money exchange and laundry. To Paul and his staff - Thank you for an amazing stay and we will see you again. From our group of 10 - Great job and thank you for making our stay so naturally comfortable.

Room Tip: I heard the 6000 range of budget rooms are bigger - but the furthest walk. It was very quiet in the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank apfeffer604
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

As a regular guest at febris I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget and with a family, atter discovering this hotel we can say that it is our home away from home with great staff and owners and is such a joy to come back to everytime . The service is amazing and nothing is to much trouble.The breakfast is amazing and the attention to detail by the manager and his family simply amazing.Feel good and safe and appreciated staying here,one of the best family hotels in bali,many thanks to Paulus and his wonderful staff for looking after us on so many fun occasions.

Room Tip: family rooms great value for money
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ron B
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I just completed a two week trip and wanted to include some helpful hints for those planning to stay in this hotel. Although I'm writing a few critical things, I overall enjoyed my stay in the hotel and that staff and spa were wonderful. I spent the entire two weeks in Bali in this hotel so here's some things I would want to have known or found useful in my stay:
1. The hotel is not on the beach. The access is about a 15 to 20 minute walk. Check Google Earth to see the exact location relative to the beach.
2. The Kuta area is in the heart of the tourist zone. If you relate this to Hawaii, then it's like staying in Waikiki....concrete and touts (aggressive vendors).
3. Convenient to the airport. Airport taxi prices to the hotel are fixed, about $7 to get to the hotel but $2 to return. Not bad either way. Taxis are cheap in Bali but Blue Bird taxis are the most honest and reliable.
4. The hotel provides two 500 ml bottles of drinking water per day. This wasn't enough for our coffee making and ice production so we purchased 4 liter jugs at the local stores for about $2 each. There is a kettle in the room but no coffee machine so we purchased a finely ground coffee that can just be mixed with hot water.
5. I'm a coffee addict so here's another coffee comment. The hotel provides instant Nescafe coffee in both the room and the restaurant. If you want fresh brewed, you need to make your own or head outside.
6. There was one North American plug in the room. If you are from USA/Canada, then you might want to bring extra converters. I have included a photo of the Indonesian plug.
7. The spa is excellent but about double the price of outside spas and they include tax after the fact, unlike outside spas which is tax included. That said, I still found it a good value. However, I did enjoy the Mango Spa a block away. DO NOT use the massage services where the girls are on the street touting. I tried one and it was in a dirty room and the girl obviously had no training. Better to spend the extra $$ at Febris.
8. Breakfast was included and quite good - there is an omelet chef and waffle maker. Not a huge variety and got a little old after two weeks though.
9. The pool is great. Very beautiful, clean and warm. There is also another pool with more shade for kids at the back. I missed another area in the back but apparently there is also a hot tub...not that one is needed, the pool was very warm....
10. Wifi is not so great. I moved my room to the 3rd floor pool view so I could get wifi in my room. Otherwise I had to go out on the balcony or use the lobby wifi.
Conclusion: This place deserves a stay if you are planning to stay in Kuta but if you are looking for a natural setting in a Balinese paradise, you have to get out of the tourist zone.

Room Tip: The main building near the entrance seemed to have the larger rooms. I moved closer to the lobby on...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank DraftedbytheMan
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, which showed us to our beautiful sparkly clean rooms. A sensational on location Day Spa with massages to die for. Every morning a breakfast smorgasbord is offered with a poolside view. I highly recommend this hotel for any travelers to Bali wanting to be close to the Kuta shopping experience.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool do have the weekend noise coming through until about 10pm.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristy G
Bellevue, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Febris my Bali home away from home. What a fantastic happy place. The staff smile and greet you all day. Nothing is too much for them. This was our second stay at Febris. Last May we stayed in a Hotel in Legian and my Husband and a friend booked all their massages at the Febris spa, I accompanied them on these visits and it felt like returning home when entering the lobby.
My husband and I returned to the Febris for an 8 day stay celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. What a delight, the hotel is so clean, the pools so crystal clear and inviting, the rooms sparkle, the grounds are just beautiful, breakfast is great. The restaurant food excellent. I can not praise the place enough.
We r returning to Bali in June, unfortunately (if anything about bali can be called this) we have prebooked another hotel, but I can assure you all future stays on this incredible island will be at The Febris. I cannot recommend it enough.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MummaG_2012
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

What is there not to like about this hotel,from the moment you arrive at the reception smiling faces and a quick check in,to the very clean superior rooms of 36 sq m to the house keeping staff are friendly and helpful to you and keep your room very clean
Now the breakfast is good to with a great choice + egg & waffles and pancakes,you put on weight just looking at the food.So why people complain is beyond me as most people do not have a full cooked breakfast at home in Australia...all the staff are very friendly to you and soon know your name.
The pool area is very large with lots of lounges all around now they have a pool station for towels and drinks
The spa which is top end and a good price,the great staff will give you one off the best massages in Bali and its so clean I had some great stone massages
So we would like to thank Paulus & Aniek and all the staff for another great stay..see you soon
Clive & Susanne from Perth WA

Room Tip: Superior room 2nd or 3rd floor all have a balcony plus a lift
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple