Febri's Hotel & Spa
US$52
US$32
Good 3.5/5
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort(Kuta)
US$183
US$160
Sheraton.com
Great 4.5/5
HARRIS Hotel Tuban(Tuban)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$32
Very Good 4/5
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$78
Very Good 4/5
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$64
Very Good 4/5
Kuta Central Park Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Breakfast included
The Vira Bali Boutique Hotel & Suite(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$83
Great 4.5/5
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Yulia Beach Inn(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$50
Very Good 4/5
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$96
1,822 results
All reviewsquad roomtowel animalswaterbom parkfamily roomdiscovery malllarge fridgesmaller poolgood sizebalinese massageegg stationgreat family hotelwalking distancemain poolsuperior roomgreen gardeninterconnecting roomskuta square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is very basic.
Food is ok, but same menu daily.
Staff very friendly.
The spa is excellent, and we would highly recommend this service, and will definitely come to see Manik for a massage again!
Entertainment consisted of a woman singing. No other entertainment in the hotel.

The rooms are extremely basic. Mould on the fridge and on the grout, sharp edges on the tiles, to name a few problems.

The big pool is nice, however there are no steps to enter the kids pool, so they can only enter by the side, which is extremely slippy. We always tell our kids not to climb in and out, but it's not possible here. Algae makes the edges very slippy. There is actually a second pool which we were not told about, but found by accident day 10!

There's always "The Clumpets" staying at every hotel! Think they own the pool, acting like idiots, throwing their weight about, and this is the adults we're talking about, not the kids with them! Taxpayers holiday probably!

If you want a cheap basic holiday and wanna get drunk all the time and don't worry about aesthetics then this is your place with "that" type of people! We did 15 nights but would have been happy with 5 at this hotel.

Very dated hotel, management need to spend some serious cash on it to upgrade all amenities.

We would give it a 3 out of 10 at best.

Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank allanfaepeterhead
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear “allanfaepeterhead” of United Kingdom,

Your review was noted with many thanks. Unfortunately I was not able to find any record of your stay throughout May 2014 despite a number of messages I sent through T/A message facility since 2 weeks ago for your booking details (I was dismayed that you did not respond to any of my messages at all). Information on your booking details would have helped me to identify your room which must have been an oversight. As we have rejuvenation programs for guest rooms & general facilities every day, your room shall be prioritized for the rejuvenation schedule.

Our main swimming pool (the larger size in the middle of the hotel compound) has a kid’s pool attached to it with only 50 cm depth. I believe steps into this kid’s pool are not necessary (as such is neither applied by Bali hotels in general). However, 2 ladders into the main pool are available (and one is specially designed for disabled guests with gentle slope and wide steps). Most activities in the hotel take place around this swimming pool - especially for families as our frangipani garden and kid's playground are also located next to this pool.

The hotel has another pool with much smaller size, secluded at the rear end of the hotel. This pool is not ideal for family activities but is much preferred by our elderly patrons due to its quiet ambiance. Lay-out of the hotel is outlined in the hotel’s official website and brochure (copies are available at the Reception) and is also outlined in the general information card (available in all guest rooms).

Your concerns about other guests (which you referred to as “The Clumpets”) staying in the hotel were so unfortunate indeed. If any guest disrupted your stay with their disorderly behavior, the management should have been notified on the spot so that the hotel security can take the necessary actions promptly. However, I did not find any record for complaint about other guests' behavior recently and, frankly, being a family hotel, very rarely we get complaint because of drunk guests. Your negative review on the hotel due to your dislike of other guests is unfair and indeed has made me dismayed.

As for entertainment activities, the hotel is located within easy strolling distance from Waterbom Park (currently awarded as Bali’s best water recreational park by Trip Advisor), the new Lippo Shopping Mall, the iconic Discovery Shopping Mall with beach access to Kuta Beach, Kuta Art Market, Kuta Square, etc. Hence, there are a lot of facilities within the hotel's close proximity for family travelers to be entertained. As for evening entertainment, the hotel provides duet live music in the restaurant every night. You can also venture to the hotel’s next door for its famous Gracie Kelly’s Irish Club with its full band if you find the hotel's live music being too basic.

However, despite the above, I am glad to learn your review about the hotel’s service & staff being very friendly and that our spa being excellent too. Certainly, as many others have reviewed, Febri’s Hotel is still one of the best budget hotels in South Kuta with very good value and a lot to offer.

Paulus Wibowo

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the Febri's for 4 nights, 3 nights with 2 friends and 1 with my husband before moving hotels. Our first impression of this hotel was the lovely smiling faces of the reception staff, this made us feel great about the start of our holiday. The rooms were a good size and the cleaning staff amazing leaving us different towel designs everyday. There was a problem with the air con in the first room I shared with friends but the second room I shared with my husband was fine. Breakfast was amazing, and the staff helped with any requests including giving me lime slices to put in my water every morning.
We did, however, find service at the restaurant was slow and we had to remind staff to get our drinks, the food was very good when it did arrive.
We were really looking forward to using the spa as we had read so many amazing reviews but we were not prepared for the fact that they are always booked out when we tried to get appointments, we did get to experience a wonderful foot treatment but every other time we tried to book we were told they were booked out which was disappointing.
We moved hotels after 4 nights but really wish we had stayed for our whole holiday.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are not as quite as the 3rd floor due to the traffic of people walking past at all hours of the night, but not a major problem unless you are an extremely light sleeper like me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Second time I have stayed at Febri's. Reception staff were lovely. Breakfast was great, my room was really nice and had some great massages. My granddaughter entertained everyone in the evening when they had a very nice lady singing to her. The pool was lovely but would have like to have some sort of steps in the children's pool for my granddaughter & I to walk into. I had a lovely week and will recommend Febri's to all my friends. Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We got the room quite cheap from agoda. stayed for 2 nights. the morning buffet was really spectacular for us. had lotsa good nice food.staffs were all smiley face and helpful. the pool was really nice too. they had one at the front n the other at the back. the location of the hotel was really good too as it's walking distance between Sogo and another new one coming up real soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel really impressed my family. We travelled as a family of 5. Myself, my husband, 2 boys aged 9 & 12 and my mother in law. We had 1 room for all of us and it was HUGE! There was still plenty of room to move.
The facilities are very clean and the daily breakfast is great. If you hang around late enough from breakfast, you'll get a complimentary 10 minute neck & shoulder massage from the girls from the spa!! We always lingered over that last cup of tea. ;-)
The only thing I could possibly fault was the meals were slow coming out for dinner if you dined in the restaurant at night. Food was faultless, just slow to serve.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family