“Wonderful again!”

Ranked #5 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Bunbury, Australia
“Wonderful again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We have just spent 13 nights at this great hotel. The cleanliness is outstanding, the staff are professional and super friendly and the spa is to die for. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Thanks to every one, we'll be back soon!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed at the Febris for four nights with our three children before moving onto a larger and busier hotel. We chose this to be our first stop as we were familiar with the day spa and location.

The Febris is a great stay if you prefer a simple, quiet and relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are basic and clean. Unfortunately we did not manage to get interconnecting rooms so my husband and I had to stay in separate rooms with our children. We won't do that again.

The portal cot we requested was very old. The towels could be upgraded and remember to take your own extra toiletries as only shampoo and body wash is supplied. As is is a budget hotel, I can understand why they are not supplied.

We loved the casual atmosphere. The kids always felt welcome and we always managed to get a sun lounge even though the hotel was full. The hotel pool was cold and apparently known for this. The breakfast is ok. Enough choice. The pancake/ egg station was great.

Overall, for what we paid for a family of five we were not disappointed. Loved the price of everything offered and we felt that we could be totally relaxed. Probably not the choice for those wanting the extra creature comforts.........but then, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mishalperth
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Febri's for 4 nights & by far the best thing about the hotel was the breakfast. We stayed in 5 different accommodations during our 2 weeks in Bali but Febri's breakfast was far too superior to all the other free breakfasts we received. It saved us a lot of money on lunches as we just didn't need them. Great location at the southern end of Kuta beach where it's a lot quieter & very close to the waterpark which is great as it means that you can get there early & beat the queues, do as much as you can when you first get there as everything is so much enjoyable. Febri's also has a great spa ($20 NZD for 90 full body massage), I'm sure you can find it cheaper in the backstreet spas but for piece of mind this is a good price & a really good massage. We were the only couple at the hotel but it didn't matter as we were still able to do everything we wanted to do at the hotel

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Second stay here, this time with kids. Absolutely fantastic! Rooms are large ( we had king bed and 3 singles) not cramped at all! Large fridge is awesome! Bathroom large enough for family. All of the staff are lovely, every one of them smiles and says hello. The spa is beautiful, excellent massages and treatments. The breakfast was also great, kids loved the waffles and pancakes! The only thing that it lacks is a kids club! We will definitely stay here again though!

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My stay at the Febri's could not be faulted. A short walk to Waterbom Park, Centro and Kuta square. All staff are very friendly, always smiling and happy, no request is a problem. Food is very good, plenty to choose from any time. Room was made and cleaned every day, free wifi is available and I had no problems with it being slow, you just have to be patient and not expect fast internet. Drivers are also available to take you where ever you want to go for a fee.

Anyone wanting to stay in Bali you can not get a better place to stay than the Febri's, good friendly staff, good clean rooms, good food and drinks and a great location, I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ive stayed 8 times at this property in three room categories.Absolutly fantastic.Staff 100% cleanliness 100% Room service 100%.This is my choice of resort to stay when Im in Bali.Everything is so handy.A quick 5 min drive from the airport.5 min walk to Centro shopping centre and hundreds of eateries from all over the globe including Indonesian.The spa is the best Ive expereienced in Bali and the prices are very easy on the pocket.Great room service sellection if you just want to veg out in your room.Cleaning staff are fantastic.Everyday the rooms are made up spotlesly.The resort has two pools one very large and kids friendly and one smaller to the rear of the resort.Traveling with a family the three beded family rooms at the back of the resort are huge with a large Smeg fridge,Safe,spa bath and flat screen tv.I rate the property 5 stars for consistant quality of service and insuring Im having a holiday.The free breakfast is huge.Terema kasih banya staff de Fabris...Serbus 100% Bagus!

Room Tip: Family room 1 king 2 singles Flat screen TV Spa bath Smeg fidge (large) in room safe
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Did you know that the front desk closes at 11pm at this hotel? An early warning signal for me that something is wrong at this hotel.

I booked and paid for 5 nights at this hotel. I got to the hotel at about 10pm. I had booked 3 rooms for our family of 6 and at the last minute, our grandparents decided to come along with us. So I thought this should not be a problem because our 3 king size beds can easily accommodate our six adults and two kids.

However trouble came quickly when we checked in, the check in staff saw our party and curtly asked us how many people are staying and we said 8, 6 adults and 2 children. They told us that they will charge us $35 for the 2 children since they were over 10 yrs old. When I protested and I asked for a discount, they said that they will give it to us for $30. (Later I found out that the published rate for an extra bed is actually $30 to begin with.) I was not happy by their attitude. I asked to talk to the manager, but he was even worse. The manager coerced us to pay for the extra bed and said they will charge us $30 with or without the extra bed even after I repeatedly pleaded with him to overlook the two children. He noted that it is late and that we are all tired and that we will have a hard time getting other hotels implying that I have no choice but to agree to all of his demands. Disgusted by his patronizing attitude and thinly veiled attempts at coercion, I took a risk that I will lose money due to cancellation fees and moved my family to the hotel across the street. Even after I told him that we are cancelling our booking with his hotel, he continued to lecture me on how he is right and that I am such a bad person for "not following his rules". I told the manager who wouldn't shut up that it is not about the money but about the principle. He then lectured me again that it is his principle to stick by "the rules" and egged me to pay the extra charges and stay at his hotel. I said thanks but no thanks.

In the end, I just wanted to get out of that place so bad that I am willing to risk losing a lot more than the $30 x 2 = $60 per day charge that they wanted to charge me at this horror hotel. I moved my entire family to another hotel just across the street and the difference in service, and attitude is like night and day. The hotel is a lot nicer too with better views, better location, and better facilities. We booked 3 rooms for our party as per our original plan, no problems at all.

I sincerely hope that since had to cancel my reservations, that I will get all of my money back. But even if I lose all my money on my reservation at this horror hotel, at this point, I don't really care. I just wanted to get out of this stupid hotel so badly.

I don't want my lasting memories of this vacation to be about this horror hotel and the manager that wouldn't shut up

I will never want to come near this hotel ever again. And in the end, if I don't get my money back, I definitely will be moving to another site for my future hotel bookings.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank andrian g
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Andrean G of Jakarta,

You made bookings for 6 adults + 0 children through an online agent. We still honored your booking while, in fact, 8 persons checked in (including two teens of 12 + 13 years of age). However, an extra charge for rooms with 3 persons was required because the price you paid for each of your room bookings was for 2 persons. As such has been clearly outlined in your online agent's terms & conditions as well as in the hotel's webpage prior to finalizing your booking. I even took the liberty to sit down with you through your online agent's booking process and showed you that the final price would have changed when your children were included in the booking.

On a different note, being a family-friendly hotel, if your children were under 10 years, we would have waived this extra person charge and would even provide each of them with extra beds + full breakfasts for free.

As per hotel's brochure, an extra bed charge is USD 35, subject to 21% tax & service. However, the receptionist offered a reduction to USD 30 per night for the room with 3 persons. She was correct in her explanation that this extra charge was required regardless the use of extra bed as indicated in the web site. After your attempts of negotiation I offered a discount to USD 24 (IDR 280,000) per night (with extra bed + full breakfast for free). Unfortunately even after this discount, you refused to pay and claimed that you always got away from such charges at even 5-star hotels you stayed (Hyatts + Mariotts).

Because your expectation was not met, you just decided to walk out from the hotel in the middle of the night despite my suggestion to take the first-night accommodation and then consult with your online agent in the morning.

Although Febri's Hotel is considered as a budget hotel, I still allow some flexibility. But of course, there is a limit on how much I can discount (for undisclosed extra persons staying). Furthermore, be reminded that your booking was already on a special promotion.

Paulus Wibowo