“Great hotel!”

Febri's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I've stayed in this hotel for 3 days during our honeymoon trip. We had standard room, room was small but very clean & cosy. Fridge is big enough for 2 of us. Bathroom is big too, bathtub was clean and everyhing's perfect! However the breakfast selection was limited. Staffs was friendly and they provide free transfer from / to airport and this save us some money! Massage was good too! Try Green Garden Spa which is their sister company & they provide free transport to Green Garden Hotel too. Very good service! Location is good, near to shops and kuta beach. Anyway we got nothing to complain about this hotel as it's worth the value! Will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackie1109
There are newer reviews for Febri's Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 22 February 2009

I have been to bali a number of times and always stayed in 3 star type accommodation in Legian. I chose to stay at the Febris in Tuban for a change based on the multiple positive feedback from others on this site. I stayed at the Febris for three weeks in a single room.

Sadly I was very disappointed. The virtual tour of the hotel and rooms on their website makes the (single) room look bigger than what it actually is. I found the rooms very small and abit clastrophobic in comparison to the other bali hotels I have stayed in. Initally I was on the ground floor and requested to be moved to the first floor due to lack of privacy ; i.e. people continually walking past my room as I sat out on the porch - and I had to pull my curtains during the day so that I could also have privacy from people (not intentionally) peering in.

Hotel staff were very accommodating to meeting my needs - though I had to wait 3 days due to lack of availabity.
I requested a room by the pool on the first floor but was informed that these (what I would call prime rooms) are reserved for the owners and staff. I was abit surprised by this.
The room I was moved to gave me the privacy I wanted which was good, but there was no view apart from the tops of trees. If i stretched over my balcony I could see the pool.
There was no garden to speak of except for native trees which seemed to be thrown together without much thought.

The pool area and 'garden/bunch of trees' gave me little desire to laze by the pool - which in actual fact I did not during my whole stay. I chose to go to the beach instead which is a short walk cutting through other hotels to get there. Febris not by the beach.

Rooms were clean to a good standard, however I happened to be in the room at one stage and noted that though things appeared clean the hygiene standard could use some improvement. I.e. Used coffee cup cleaned by staff with tap water (which they have a notice on the wall not to drink) and cloth used to clean the bathroom surfaces.

Air conditioning was good. Lighting in the room I found poor due to low wattage of light bulbs - I assume this is to try and save cost. Had to use the light on my cell phone if I wanted to read at night.

Sand flies were a huge problem. Hotel happy to supply can of fly spray, but in other hotels I have been to in Legian they have a more 'sophisticated' approach that allows hotel guests the luxuary to 'chill and relax' and not be bothered by this concern.

In the main I found the standard of food unfortuantely really poor. Their prices were typical of hotel prices. Room service closed at 10pm. I found this a real pain, as I often had late nights (as you do on holiday). Sometimes its nice to treat yourself to a midnight snack/ice cream or drink.....

Free breakfast buffet was bascially the same every day. It difinetly got boring after three weeks I can assure you. Some days I didn't eat there because of this. Bacon is available but not free as it is in all the other 3 star hotels I have stayed in - it costs you 20,000 rupiah. This did not impress me.

Staff in the main were helpful and basically friendly - but I found this variable. I felt some improvements could be made i.e. In dialing for hotel services the receptionist would 'yell out to other staff members in balinese (so unsure what they are saying) or chat away to other people while I am sitting on the phone.

No onsite internet services are available which I found a pain particularly as I had to walk down the road to use the local internet cafe. This is ok - but I am into minimising what I have to do whilst I am on holiday.

Location of Febris is bascially in the heart of things. Many good eateries surrounds it at a fraction on the price and in my case better food.

I have every intention of coming back to Bali as I love it. However I would not return to the Febris.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelenz
Reviewed 29 January 2009

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Febris and while it had many admirable features, I wouldnt stay there again.

Positive:
Great family rooms, large and super clean. Airconditioning was wonderfully cool and pleasantly silent. The room had a very large refrigerator, and bottled water was provided every day. DVD player rental was expensive but great for testing out the cheap DVDs for sale everywhere. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The Spa is exceptional and reasonably priced at 165,000 R (about $18 AUD for 2 hours massage).

Cons: After the first 2 days, I was tired of the same old buffet breakfast and there were often shortages of cutlery, crockery and glasses at busy times. They should think about investing in more of these basics so guests dont have to stand in line waiting for a coffee cup or a knife to butter the bread, though this was only a minor inconvenience.

The ambience of the pool area and gardens was uninspired and not conducive to spending the day lounging around the pool. The pool food service when someone did respond was slow and the food was very very ordinary.

Late checkout was available till 6pm at the cost of $60 USD and $120 USD if staying any longer! Given that this was in excess of the internet room rate, I was not impressed.

General:
There is a laundry about 400 m up the road, cheap at 8000R / kg, however, do not give them white or pale clothes to wash for mine were all retured a dirty grey colour, despite my telling them to wash them seperately.

There are plently of ATMs and small supermarkets close by.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank catinablenda
Reviewed 26 January 2009

I took 3 of my children over 14 and 16 year old girls,17 year old boy.
We loved this hotel,the rooms were cleaned every day,fresh towels and sheets,water and coffee and tea topped up every day as well.The whole of the hotel was spotless not only rooms.
All staff were very friendly ,Even owners.

The kids liked to eat there all the time,I thought the breakfast was great,plenty of food,the coffee was great all with fresh milk.I thought the menu was a little expensive for some of their food compared to other places we ate.
I thought drinks were quiet dear as well,but i suppose they have to make their money some how as room are very cheap.

I would have like a little of themed dinners,They had entertainment every night and every body enjoyed it.I also would have like a lot on different tours available form the hotel.

The pool was lovely,kids swam in it all the time.Plenty of shade and sun beds around the pool.

Location was OK if ya wanted to stay in Kuta,very close to waterbom,the Centro and other things,If you are feeling lazy 5 thousand for a taxi,Plenty of shopping round there,Dianne's fixed prices,great handbag shops.

Laundry Simply Fresh across the road,8 thousand 1 kilo washing,Money changes and atms close.

Massages and treatments are good,Maybe a bit dearer than shop massages,but much cleaner and more professional,Take advantage of the free massage when ya are dining there.

We all loved The Febris,We are going back in Jan 2010 and am struggling to find any where as nice and cheap as Febris.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank DonnaPerthWa
Reviewed 16 December 2008

The prefect place for a perfect getaway. Booked a triple room for ourselves. We were given the family deluxe room which was super huge and could easily accommodate a couple more people.

Only emailed the hotel for a transfer from the airport one day before I was scheduled to arrive. They manage to reply me on time and I received their email confirming my transport right before I went in the waiting area of my flight. Excellent start!!

Driver was already there waiting for us when we landed and check in at the hotel took us less than 15 minutes. We got complimentary welcome drinks while waiting as well.

Only thing was our room was on the third floor and no lifts to carry us up after a long day out. But it wasn't much of a problem for us to complain.

Rooms were cleaned every day without fail. Bottled plain waters refilled and fresh towels changed. Beds are also made up nicely.

Breakfast was a bit of a letdown. Same menu every day and food was only so so. But nothing to complain about here as well as there are many other food outlets jsut around the corner.

Pool was big with enough sun to keep warm after a cool swim. Lots of lounges available and I don't see a need to reserve any for your session of tanning.

Also must try their spa! Cheap and good!! Tried the Bali Massage for Her package.. Includes basic facial.. foot scrub.. steam bath..jacuzzi bath.. herbal bath.. herbal drink and brownie and all for 300,000IDR only!!!

Location is superb. Only a few minutes walk from Kuta Centre and Kuta Square. If you need to go to Kuta Beach.. You can always walk to the Discovery Centre and cut through the shopping mall. Nearby to all but still i the quieter part of the town. There are also a lot of the tour counters nearby fr you to book your day tours.

Been to Bali 4 times and I've enjoyed every single trip like it was my first time!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank xneiax
Reviewed 14 December 2008

The Febri's Resort was outstanding.
Fabulous & friendly service, clean & working facilities, brilliant location (close to Centro mall, street stalls and beach, but not in the loud and somewhat odourous centre of Kuta).

I highly recommend the spa for relaxing, top shelf (but comparitvely expensive to other spa/salons in the area) spa treatments, however there's a slight drawback to this service - the girls working for the spa tended to be quite pushy & persistent in booking the hotel guests into expensive packages either when checking into your room (when you're typically exhausted, overwhelmed and fresh with money and no perspective of average prices), having finished your meal and they give you a 'complimentary' neck massage while you browse their brochure and they even try to book you again moments after having received a relaxing massage!
This was hardly a concern for us as we remained firm in our decisions and provided you do the same, they wont hassle you any further.

The pool was ALWAYS clean, plenty of sunbeds, poolside service
for drinks etc
The rooms were immaculate, equipped with air con, medium sized fridge, tv with over 50 cable channels and neat bathroom (due to its relatively recent construction, Febri's has yet to show signs of getting tiresome, typical of most Balinese hotels).
The restaurant was good - buffet breakfast was always nice and we were spoilt for choice, however we generally ate out of a night/for lunch as the prices were a bit higher and the meals of no exceptional size/quality.
The bar had a wide selection of drinks, however for guranteed availability of liqueurs/cocktails - go to 'Baroque Cafe' outside Centro by the beach. Cocktails go for 40 000 rp, there's a wide variety and they're DELICIOUS.

Febri's offers free transport (to/from airport and popular locations), however if in need of other transport - trust a taxi as the traffic is near impossible to navigate safely for most Westerners. 'Blue Bird' taxis price you from a meter, are very VERY reasonable, friendly & wont try to persuade you to go anywhere else with them in future.

I went to Febri's with my partner (we are both mid 20's) and we had a terrific time - however if you're after a completely luxurious, romantic and child-free resort, I suggest you look elsewhere as the Febri's is a great spot for all ages (including kids - the kids club there was quite popular) and due to it's location in South Kuta, it isn't a secret hideaway but more of a vibrant, fun loving place with karaoke almost every night with fellow guests, diners and the Febri's staff.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwayAway
Reviewed 13 December 2008

We recently returned from Bali and stayed for a week at Febris Hotel. Location was excellent, lots of shopping around us. They have a very large pool, great day spa and massage area. The hotel has a great restaurant and very good meals. Location was good and right in a busy area with lots of shopping around the hotel. We were within a short walk to the Discovery Centre which is a large shopping complex and had lots of really good restaurants around us. Easy access to lots of attractions from the location. Staff were a bit slow with the service but apart from that things were good. Great place for families and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple