“An excelent hotel at an excelent location for an excelent price”

Febri's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We had heard the hotel was a great place, but you don't get the whole picture until you get there. The hotel stood up to expectations in all aspects. The location was perfect, quiet and just a few minutes walk from all the action. The hotel had the most friendliest staff ever. Our room was big and clean. Although it was right next to the pool, noise wasn't a problem at all. Also someone was complaining about mosquitoes.. don't know what people are used to or was it because of the season, but we didn't find them disturbing at all. We hardly saw any.

All in all, for a hotel this price, we thought Febri's was perfect. It wasn't super luxorious, but it was above average - by far.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank riksa

Reviewed 7 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our 9yo son for 10 nights at the end of March. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel which we arranged by email before we left Australia - the driver was waiting for us when we arrived - it was only a 5 minute drive from the airport to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel about 1pm but our room wasn't ready until about 3pm. By the time we had something to eat and drink our room was ready. We had a ground floor family deluxe room which was FABULOUS. It was absolutely huge with 2 king size beds and a large fridge which was unstocked which was great - we just went to the mini mart and stocked it ourselves. The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the Discovery Centre and Waterbom Park and about 7-8 minutes from Kuta square. We liked not being in the heart of Kuta Sqaure and there were plenty of markets etc near the hotel. The food in the hotel was good with plenty of variety - something for every palate. Breakfasts were good and they even had Vegemite (but you did have to ask for that). Staff were attentive and very polite and fabulous with our son. We used the spa many times which was reasonably priced and just beautiful. The pool was lovely and we did not have any trouble getting a sun bed whenver we needed one. Next time we go to Bali we will definitely staff at Febri's.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank juliesa
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Booked 2 hotel rooms, 1 Family Room and 1 Standard room. The Standard room was very clean and surprisingly well-furnished. Toilets were a bit backdated but the space is massive! The only downside was the window at the toilet which was covered only with a sort of wire mesh. It kept a paranoid person like me to be always wary and cautious during showers.

Family room was at the other end of the hotel. Very massive space and ideal for a big family. It consisted of 2 single beds and 1 queen bed plus one single mattress.

Location was quite alright but can get a bit quiet at night. Hotel staffs were relatively helpful and polite. Breakfast menu was standard with almost the same thing everyday.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Eureka85
Reviewed 28 February 2009

We arrived at the hotel,quite late on the Monday night.Was picked up from the airport via free transfer organised by the hotel. Restaurant and room service closes at 10.00pm so a quick stroll down the street to a mini mart did the trick for a quick snack. There are also 24 hour Mcdonalds and pizza places that will deliver to your hotel if needed.
Next morning down to brekkie which was included in the room cost. There was fresh fruit,toast,grilled tomatoes,hash browns,noodles,rice,sausages ect. Their is also an egg station that will cook your fried/scrambled eggs or omlettes to order.A range of hot and cold drinks was on offer.I have heard mixed reports on the breakfast as to being the same every day,but it did us just fine.
We had the family room on the second floor,though it was not a pool view room,we liked it and had good privacy. The room was very spacious,king size bed and 2 singles,with fresh ironed sheets daily. Bathroom was clean and the bath was huge.
One thing we found was a a concern, the balcony was very low my 2 year old niece could climb it in a flash just by pulling herself up.Make sure if you have young kids you are very vigilante or get a ground floor room.
The pool was great,the kids loved it,their is a section divided by a small wall at one end for the smaller kids.Plenty of sunbeds to laze around on and though their is no swim up bar,you can get refreshments and food via a button to push or else the staff came around and you can place requests. Not sure about other hotels but their is no lifeguard on duty here. Met some great familes and all the kids and adults would hang in the pool and swap stories.
The restuarant was ok for a meal at night,we had dinner their once,but the other nights went out.Their are some great resturants down the street and nice to go outside the hotel.
Their is a kodak money changer just a hop skip and jump from the hotel,never had any problems with them at all. Waterbom park is about 350 metres from the hotel and is a must for kids and adults alike! Plenty of market shopping just a short stroll away,Kuta being a 10-15 min walk or a few minutes in a taxi.
The hotel has a great spa service,they offer a number of treatments from reflexology to jaccuzzi treatments ect and a salon for waxing and hairdressing .I had the 2 hour long massage and facial,it worked out to be approx $26 au which i thought was very reasonable.

This hotel i would recommed,it is an affordable stay,though not for party goers.It doesn't have the lush tropical gardens some Bali hotels have and is a bit plain,but was just what we needed and i would happily stay there again. The staff were great,Albert,Adi,Wira,July just to name a few were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank 1morepowerball
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I've stayed in this hotel for 3 days during our honeymoon trip. We had standard room, room was small but very clean & cosy. Fridge is big enough for 2 of us. Bathroom is big too, bathtub was clean and everyhing's perfect! However the breakfast selection was limited. Staffs was friendly and they provide free transfer from / to airport and this save us some money! Massage was good too! Try Green Garden Spa which is their sister company & they provide free transport to Green Garden Hotel too. Very good service! Location is good, near to shops and kuta beach. Anyway we got nothing to complain about this hotel as it's worth the value! Will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackie1109
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I have been to bali a number of times and always stayed in 3 star type accommodation in Legian. I chose to stay at the Febris in Tuban for a change based on the multiple positive feedback from others on this site. I stayed at the Febris for three weeks in a single room.

Sadly I was very disappointed. The virtual tour of the hotel and rooms on their website makes the (single) room look bigger than what it actually is. I found the rooms very small and abit clastrophobic in comparison to the other bali hotels I have stayed in. Initally I was on the ground floor and requested to be moved to the first floor due to lack of privacy ; i.e. people continually walking past my room as I sat out on the porch - and I had to pull my curtains during the day so that I could also have privacy from people (not intentionally) peering in.

Hotel staff were very accommodating to meeting my needs - though I had to wait 3 days due to lack of availabity.
I requested a room by the pool on the first floor but was informed that these (what I would call prime rooms) are reserved for the owners and staff. I was abit surprised by this.
The room I was moved to gave me the privacy I wanted which was good, but there was no view apart from the tops of trees. If i stretched over my balcony I could see the pool.
There was no garden to speak of except for native trees which seemed to be thrown together without much thought.

The pool area and 'garden/bunch of trees' gave me little desire to laze by the pool - which in actual fact I did not during my whole stay. I chose to go to the beach instead which is a short walk cutting through other hotels to get there. Febris not by the beach.

Rooms were clean to a good standard, however I happened to be in the room at one stage and noted that though things appeared clean the hygiene standard could use some improvement. I.e. Used coffee cup cleaned by staff with tap water (which they have a notice on the wall not to drink) and cloth used to clean the bathroom surfaces.

Air conditioning was good. Lighting in the room I found poor due to low wattage of light bulbs - I assume this is to try and save cost. Had to use the light on my cell phone if I wanted to read at night.

Sand flies were a huge problem. Hotel happy to supply can of fly spray, but in other hotels I have been to in Legian they have a more 'sophisticated' approach that allows hotel guests the luxuary to 'chill and relax' and not be bothered by this concern.

In the main I found the standard of food unfortuantely really poor. Their prices were typical of hotel prices. Room service closed at 10pm. I found this a real pain, as I often had late nights (as you do on holiday). Sometimes its nice to treat yourself to a midnight snack/ice cream or drink.....

Free breakfast buffet was bascially the same every day. It difinetly got boring after three weeks I can assure you. Some days I didn't eat there because of this. Bacon is available but not free as it is in all the other 3 star hotels I have stayed in - it costs you 20,000 rupiah. This did not impress me.

Staff in the main were helpful and basically friendly - but I found this variable. I felt some improvements could be made i.e. In dialing for hotel services the receptionist would 'yell out to other staff members in balinese (so unsure what they are saying) or chat away to other people while I am sitting on the phone.

No onsite internet services are available which I found a pain particularly as I had to walk down the road to use the local internet cafe. This is ok - but I am into minimising what I have to do whilst I am on holiday.

Location of Febris is bascially in the heart of things. Many good eateries surrounds it at a fraction on the price and in my case better food.

I have every intention of coming back to Bali as I love it. However I would not return to the Febris.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelenz
Reviewed 29 January 2009

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Febris and while it had many admirable features, I wouldnt stay there again.

Positive:
Great family rooms, large and super clean. Airconditioning was wonderfully cool and pleasantly silent. The room had a very large refrigerator, and bottled water was provided every day. DVD player rental was expensive but great for testing out the cheap DVDs for sale everywhere. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The Spa is exceptional and reasonably priced at 165,000 R (about $18 AUD for 2 hours massage).

Cons: After the first 2 days, I was tired of the same old buffet breakfast and there were often shortages of cutlery, crockery and glasses at busy times. They should think about investing in more of these basics so guests dont have to stand in line waiting for a coffee cup or a knife to butter the bread, though this was only a minor inconvenience.

The ambience of the pool area and gardens was uninspired and not conducive to spending the day lounging around the pool. The pool food service when someone did respond was slow and the food was very very ordinary.

Late checkout was available till 6pm at the cost of $60 USD and $120 USD if staying any longer! Given that this was in excess of the internet room rate, I was not impressed.

General:
There is a laundry about 400 m up the road, cheap at 8000R / kg, however, do not give them white or pale clothes to wash for mine were all retured a dirty grey colour, despite my telling them to wash them seperately.

There are plently of ATMs and small supermarkets close by.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank catinablenda