Mastapa Garden Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kuta
See available hotels
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have just returned from bali where my husband and I took our four children for a chirstmas holiday for 11 days. I stayed at Mastapa Gardens eleven years ago and I enjoyed it so we booked it again. I read your reviews prior to travel and although there are a few bad ones I still took the risk, and it was well worth it. I paid $45AUD per night, in australia you are lucky to get a van site with power at a caraven park for that price. We got a large room, yes a bit musty smelling but a room freshner fixed that, a clean bathroom, TV, free internet and a decent breakfast every morning for that $45. Dont stay in a room that only cost $45 if you want a five star hotel. We went with the expectations of recieving a room worth $45 and recieved much more. The gardens are beautiful, the hotel is clean the staff are frendly, the rooms were cleaned every day, clean towels were provided everyday and it was safe. It is in the heart of kuta, within walking distance of everything you would want if you want to stay in Kuta/Legian. Once you were inside the hotel it was quiet and peaceful. We booked Two rooms for the six of us but once we arrived we decided to get a third room as we could have them altogether. the kids had two rooms that had interconnecting doors and we took the room beside them. I never had a problem with worrying about thier safety as the place has security all the time. I will continue to return to this hotel as I still feel that I got more than what i paid for and we all really enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Always ask for thier best rooms, and just be friendly
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Leeanne G
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Pretty simple place, cost us about $40AU a night in peak season and couldn't really complain too much.. everything's basic and the bathroom wasn't that great, but we didn't really expect too much considering it was all we could really get for new years eve and day..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My friend booked this hotel for our last two days in Bali. Obviously she didn't read the reviews from TripAdvisor first.

It was terrible. The building was worn out, the rooms are tired and dusty. The bathrooms are covered in mold. Almost immediately after checking in we tried to search for another hotel, but all of them nearby was fully booked. They have two buildings, and we got the oldest one. They could do so much better if only they want to renovate and upgrade some things. When we were staying, there was a new hotel under construction across the street so it was so loud each night, we couldn't sleep at all!

The breakfast was good, though. And the garden pool was beautiful tho we didn't swim, and didn't really see up-close if they were molded too. Wi-fi connection not really good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The standard room was quite shocking! There smelled like mold and the room was dirty and worn out! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Me and my husband stayed two nights at Mastapa. We got a room on the ground floor with an open balcony overlooking the pool. The a/c was not working that well. The room had a kind of musty smell. The bathroom was deplorable. The inside of the toilet bowl had a crack the size of a tennis ball. The bathtub was moldy. The service staff was pretty unhelpful when we requested for a room change. They kept saying it was full house. So we were stuck with the room throughout our stay in bali. The only wonderful thing about Mastapa was its close proximity to the shopping belt. Bali is such a nice place to spend your vacation but having stayed in a hotel like Mastapa kind of marred the entire experience. I'd very much love to revisit Bali but I won't be staying in Mastapa again, that's for sure..!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple