We had a great stay at this hotel in Kuta. It's right down the street from the Bali Memorial - and 1 block back from the Kuta Beach, 15 mins walk to Seminyak and a less than AU$10 Taxi ride to most places worth visiting near by.
The pool is on the small side - but plenty big enough to escape the Bali heat. It has a staffed bar (10-10pm) and half price cocktails most of the day. Beers were dirt cheap at $1.50 for a small Bintang. You must try the Avocado smoothie - sounds gross but is actually nice!
Pool side food was very cheap - most things on the menu are less than AU$8 per plate.
Bed was very comfortable - I can't believe it only costs AU$60 to stay here incl breakfast in the pool view rooms.
The resort is too small for a longer stay (more than a week) - as it doesn't have amenities to keep you entertained - like TV in english - sadly restricted to only the Australia Channel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unlike many budget category hotels , Matahari Bungalow has a large open garden and swimming pool. Cozy hotel at strategic place gives more value for budget hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Hotel Kuta
- Matahari Bungalow Bar And Restaurant
- Matahari Hotel Bar
- Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Bali/Kuta