“Losari Problems”

Losari Hotel & Villas
Ranked #209 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had a room on the street and it was noisy. The other disappointment was when we arrived they would not accept credit card payment, cash only. So we had to go down to an ATM and withdraw R3,600,000 in three bites as it will only give you a maximum of R1,500,000 which cost us another $30 in fees. NOT HAPPY. I would not be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We were there for 8 days after the 2 day there was a very strong smell of sewage in our rooms. Ask to be moved and were told sorry hotel was full . We rang our insurance back and with in 20 min they moved us to a bigger room .pitty we had to stay in room with the smell .not a good place if u have little kids ad the road is busy with traffic road very small and dirty.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We have stayed at Losari twice now lots of restaurants and bars close by. The rooms are nice and great value for the price. We spoke to many other guests who have stayed here multiple times and we will be staying here again too. We love Losari!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Shazzab611
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I've stayed at the Losari a few times, mainly because of it's central location. But this short stay was a disaster as far as I'm concerned. Mid afternoon, I hear the front door click, then a couple start to enter the room. It appears that the reception staff had incorrectly programmed their electronic door key and incorrectly told them the wrong room number. Could have been embarrassing if I was in a compromising position.

Later, I left briefly to withdraw funds from a nearby ATM. Five minutes after returning, there was a knock on the door, and two scruffy teenagers were waiting outside. They addressed me by my first name, and I think they wanted to be invited in. Maybe the psycho glare in my eyes warned them off, because they left very quickly. All I can think is that they had noticed me at the ATM and wanted to see if they could exhort some cash. A female would definitely have felt threatened in the same situation.

I asked the staff how 2 kids could find out my name and get my room number, there was plenty of apologies, but no valid reason why reception gave out personal details of their guests. I would imagine it would be standard practice in any hotel that visitors would be announced first by a quick phone call to the room by reception?

I ordered a snack while I was discussing the matter with reception, noticed my meal being delivered by staff, so returned to my room. Could not get the electronic key to work, so ate my snack in the hallway while the room boy got the key reprogrammed. Not impressed.

Things happen in threes so they say. Nope, make it four. I was rudely awoken at 2:00 am by a group either checking in or returning to their rooms. Shouting, screaming, running up and down the hall, doors slamming. I think I'll find another Hotel for my trips to Kuta.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 2 weeks, we usually stay at larger resort style hotels but decided stay in a smaller & centrally located hotel, rooms were clean & comfortable. We found the buffet breakfast was disappointing, not enough choices & some guests choose to use their hands rather than the tongs provided which is very off putting. Staff are very friendly & helpful, always busy cleaning. We enjoyed the pool which was always clean & we never had to search for a sun bed, as the hotel isn't full of guests, at times we had the pool to ourselves. Highly recommend Tony who has a tour desk at the hotel, he escorted us & helped booked many tours for our family.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed for a week there over New Year, location is good right in among the markets and shops if that's what you want, Hallway leaks during heavy rain on the fourth floor into bedroom! Aircon works well though, pools clean, food ok and staff friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

We finished up the end of our 2 week holiday here and where surprised with how well located the hotel was. Minutes from amazing markets and minutes to the beach.
We all became really sick at the end of our holiday and the staff at the hotel were amazing calling us doctors and bringing us spare towels and water and cleaning our rooms multiple times a day. Where absolutely a god send for 4 girls with Bali belly!
Rooms where clean and tidy and easy to settle into.
Would return to this hotel for more of the shopping and nightlife scene!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
#76 of 87 in Legian
The Lokha Legian
The Lokha Legian
#35 of 87 in Legian

Been to Losari Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!