“Good value and good location”

Losari Hotel & Villas
Ranked #213 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my first stay at the Losari. It was conveniently located close to the beach. There are plenty of convenience stores around to get water - the hotel provides 2 small bottles of water. The bed was a little hard, but was to be expected for a cheap hotel in Legian/Kuta. The hotel was quiet at night which was nice. Because the rooms overlook the pool (or at least mine did), it can be noisy in the morning with people jumping in the pool early morning and the clanging of dishes from the breakfast area. Breakfast was fine - eggs cooked to order, 2 types of fruit, and some Indonesian food (mie goreng, nasi goreng and others).
The internet was fine but not super fast. I received a 2nd keycard for my room so I could leave the AC on to ensure it was not hot and humid upon my return. An extra keycard cost 50,000INR, but well worth the cost.
I received a late check out and was running late for my plane. My keycard did not work and nobody could be bothered to help get a new one. After checking out, they offered their car service for 120,000. Given I was running really late and they said the driver was next door, I accepted. After 10-15 min of waiting, I took a taxi that drove by. It cost 1/2 the amount the hotel was charging. I would not take the hotel car as it was very expensive (relatively speaking) and taxis come by fairly often.
Overall, I would consider staying here again. The staff in general were nice despite the incident trying to check out. Don't expect great service or great attention. There are other cheap hotels that have better staff (Casa Padma is where I used to stay and would likely return - but this is not perfect either).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great location. close to action. had balcony over looking the pool. But room above dropped cigarette ash onto towel on balcony edge. Breakfast was good choice.
Room was good. TV pretty good with selection on channels. 5 minutes to the beach and close to street activity.
Hotel was a bit cigarette smelly and i felt enclosed.

Air conditioner very good.
Staff friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We got this hotel as part of a package flights and accommodation deal. However, we would stay there again. Not fancy, but clean and we found the staff all very friendly and helpful. And the location was ideal; walking distance from the beach, and lots of nice bars and eating places. We had a third floor room with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. Breakfast was part of the deal - basic, but nice enough to start the day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had a room on the street and it was noisy. The other disappointment was when we arrived they would not accept credit card payment, cash only. So we had to go down to an ATM and withdraw R3,600,000 in three bites as it will only give you a maximum of R1,500,000 which cost us another $30 in fees. NOT HAPPY. I would not be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We were there for 8 days after the 2 day there was a very strong smell of sewage in our rooms. Ask to be moved and were told sorry hotel was full . We rang our insurance back and with in 20 min they moved us to a bigger room .pitty we had to stay in room with the smell .not a good place if u have little kids ad the road is busy with traffic road very small and dirty.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We have stayed at Losari twice now lots of restaurants and bars close by. The rooms are nice and great value for the price. We spoke to many other guests who have stayed here multiple times and we will be staying here again too. We love Losari!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Shazzab611
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I've stayed at the Losari a few times, mainly because of it's central location. But this short stay was a disaster as far as I'm concerned. Mid afternoon, I hear the front door click, then a couple start to enter the room. It appears that the reception staff had incorrectly programmed their electronic door key and incorrectly told them the wrong room number. Could have been embarrassing if I was in a compromising position.

Later, I left briefly to withdraw funds from a nearby ATM. Five minutes after returning, there was a knock on the door, and two scruffy teenagers were waiting outside. They addressed me by my first name, and I think they wanted to be invited in. Maybe the psycho glare in my eyes warned them off, because they left very quickly. All I can think is that they had noticed me at the ATM and wanted to see if they could exhort some cash. A female would definitely have felt threatened in the same situation.

I asked the staff how 2 kids could find out my name and get my room number, there was plenty of apologies, but no valid reason why reception gave out personal details of their guests. I would imagine it would be standard practice in any hotel that visitors would be announced first by a quick phone call to the room by reception?

I ordered a snack while I was discussing the matter with reception, noticed my meal being delivered by staff, so returned to my room. Could not get the electronic key to work, so ate my snack in the hallway while the room boy got the key reprogrammed. Not impressed.

Things happen in threes so they say. Nope, make it four. I was rudely awoken at 2:00 am by a group either checking in or returning to their rooms. Shouting, screaming, running up and down the hall, doors slamming. I think I'll find another Hotel for my trips to Kuta.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Casa Padma Hotel & Suites
#81 of 88 in Legian
Legian Paradiso Hotel
Legian Paradiso Hotel
#108 of 251 in Kuta

Been to Losari Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!