We stayed here last week for about the 10th time. We don't really like Kuta all that much mainly because of the traffic but we had some business to do there and the Satriya is well located and they have some great long term staff there who always make you feel welcome.
They were undergoing renovations so there were less guests than usual which was nice because last year it seemed a bit crowded and noisy. We always try to get one of the rooms on the ground floor, left side as you walk in from the front---close to the pool and gardens. The Balinese gardens here are fantastic and they often have weddings here, and it kind of sets the place off given the chaos of Kuta that lies outside the front gate.
Our room was very nice, clean with a lovely Balinese bathroom. One of the delights was the room guys are more like artists (or some of them are) and every day when you return back to your room they created the most amazing towel creatures on the bed we have ever seen. One was a crocodile. Another day they made two monkeys and the grand finale was a huge river carp which took all the towels and hand washers to make up. They use the flower petals in the garden to make the eyes. For the crocodile they put the TV remote in it's mouth (propping it open) to show that it was indeed a crocus mouth. You really can't believe it unless you see it and I wish I could figure out a way to get the phone photos onto this review.
The restaurant attached to the front has evolved years ago from having very ordinary food to quite good food now. The Tom Yam soup with seafood is really good but watch those green beans they are super hot chillies that will make you cry. The only complaint I had was that the band was too loud for us so when we ate there we ate near the pool instead where we could still hear the band (the music was pretty good it's just we don't like rock music when we're eating).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome at Satriya Cottages The hidden paradise with Balinese architecture in centrally located right in the heart of Bali's thriving hub of Kuta, Satriya Cottages the ideal home away from home for your Bali holiday. This hotel is located within few minute walk to Kuta beach, Beachwalk Shopping Mall, Poppies Lane, Hard Rock Cafe Satriya was created by the influence of famous Bali culture and traditional style which built and designed with the spirit of typical Balinese style. Stone carvings, temple, wood carving confirms Satriya have real authentic Balinese style. The warm hospitality of the original Balinese people will be implied in the hospitality staff at Satriya. Satriya are inviting guests to have an experience to enjoy the holiday and feel the real atmosphere the island of Bali which is only in Satriya. Spacious rooms combined with Balinese architecture and wrapped by the tranquility and the green of the gardens, and the silence adding the perfection of your vacation. Satriya provides two swimming pools, equipped with a pool bar. 90 Degrees Restaurant will make dinner even more special with a variety of interesting menu at affordable prices to the accompaniment of live band music every night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Satriya Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satriya Cottages Hotel Kuta
- Satriya Hotel Kuta
- Satriya Cottages Bali/Kuta