“Overall was ok”

Hotel The Flora Kuta Bali
Ranked #102 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed there for 5D4N..The room was spacious and comes with balcony however they give us two single bed instead of one double bed..we request for a change but the hotel is in full capacity so we just combined the two single bed ourselves. The service is ok and the food is average. Pool is clean too. within walking distance to Kuta beach. Wifi only available in hotell lobby but some room near lobby can have access.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel this year again based on the fact that we had a wonderful stay last year. Staff were friendly, helpful and very easy to talk to. Breakfast was great though they can be improved on providing different selection everyday. We stayed here for 6 nights and breakfast can get a little boring after eating the same food everyday. The swimming pool is well maintained. However, this year, the hotel felt old, a little upgrade on hallways and the lights would probably feel like its not disintegrating. Another downside was our air con took a long time to cool our room and wifi signal was not very strong in the room or in the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything you need! We stayed there 3 nights and had no problems. Wifi is excelent (maybe some rooms could have problems with connection), pool is good, breakfast is suficient, rooms are clean and spacy, staff very kind and the location is also very good 15minutes to the airport and 10min walking to the beach. So, don't worry and book it!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I used this hotel as a stop over before travelling to Lombok and I arrived around 10pm. Check in was seamless and I was shown to my room immediately, the room itself was spacious, clean, modern and well equipped. The staff were attentive, humorous and quick to help when I needed some information. Although the pool closed around 8pm they kindly said I could swim as long as I was quiet and didn't disturb other guests. I cannot comment on the breakfast as I left very early and didn't eat. I would definitely stay here again as overall I found it to be an excellent hotel in an excellent location.My room had WIFI, AC, Mini Fridge and complimentary water/.

Room Tip: Ground floor are deluxe rooms which open right out onto the the pool - very nice indeed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank shereen_adams
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'm currently staying here at the Flora Kuta. I stayed in 3 different hotels my first 3 nights in Bali. But, I've been here for 3 nights, and I'm having trouble leaving. Very reasonable price. Great location (5 minute walk to beach, 5 minute walk to nightlife). Excellent breakfast (Indo and Western). Friendly staff. Good A/C. Nice pool. Only problem is the slow WiFi. But I'm posting this, so it does work.

Room Tip: Book w/ breakfast included. Definitely worth the extra couple bucks.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DanK124
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Located not far away from the Kuta beach.A central spot to everything including the nightlife, and shopping.

I am not good with putting words together but here's the point form to describe the environment.

- Friendly service
- Cleanliness of the room is great.
- Wifi Sucks. Can't even access to Google but there is a cybercafe nearby.
- The food is moderate. Below my expectation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The Flora Kuta Bali is a budget hotel slightly south of the beach and Jl. Legian in Kuta. It's about a five to ten minute walk to either. The hotel address is a little deceptive. There is a hotel sign on Jl. Bakungsari but this simply draws your attention to a narrow lane heading south; the hotel is on this lane. I'll attach a map. (I was told that the jalan's name has been changed; if so, no one has gotten around to changing the street signs, which still say Bakungsari.). The art market is one block away, at the western terminus of Balungsari.

The hotel has pluses and minuses; my overall rating of very good means very good for a small budget hotel. There's a Grand Hyatt and a Club Med down the road in Dusa Nua. No one would mistake the humble Flora for that calibre of luxury resort.

The pluses: great management and staff; they really go out of their way to take care of the guests. The staff arranged a car and driver for me for two days upcountry, and had me driven to the airport for 50,000 rupiah (the honest taxi fare there is 65,000, and some shady cabbies will charge tourists as much as 200,000.

Pleasant pool in a Balinese-theme garden. Very pleasant open air lobby. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. All upstairs rooms have balconies, either solely for that room or shared with an adjacent room. Lower story room have small sitting areas around the pool and garden. I would recommend the lower floor rooms.

Modern plumbing and large walk-in showers; most rooms get hot water; oddly enough, 209's water never got past lukewarm. Bottled water is supplied daily gratis.

Location is OK. It's an easy walk to either the beach or the disco area of Jl. Legian, without the continual traffic noise of the beachfront or skull-rattling rock music of Legian. The nearest Nura Nura bus stop is less than five minutes away.

Restaurant is on the second floor and is open air. Breakfast is relatively modest, but you can order an omelet, get fresh fruit and strong coffee. There's a small bar at street level, and two others just across the lane.

The minuses: no room safes. So passports et cetera can only be secured at the lobby in a common drawer. Not even separate lock boxes there.

No mini fridges, so no way to keep anything cold.

The bars on the lane all close about midnight, so do all businesses on Bakungsari except a few mini marts. I wouldn't recommend walking back to the Flora in the wee hours, particularly for single women. I was attacked by a thief on a dark stretch of Poppies II, (no harm done; the thief turned tail and scooted off as soon as I showed fight, but it did demonstrate that a few locals do prey on visitors at night.)

All in all the Flora is good value for money, and a good hotel for singles, couples, and families with children.

• Stayed: June 2014