“I am reviewing the Bar Only! Maxi Bar”

Maxi Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #225 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I haven't stayed at the hotel, and only ate there once and I don't really remember eating the meal, but every night before I headed into town I would come here for pre drinks and shisha. There's a little wooden deck up the front located right accross from bounty club, and this is where we would be. They sell pub food and great coctails and reasonably priced wine and beer. The staff are quite shy but cute and always smiling. The service can be a little slow, so just order 2 drinks at a time. Overall I loved it, and they have Wi-Fi if you need it

Room Tip: I only saw the bar, not the rooms, but I can imagine the ones at the back would be best as the front...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Maxi Hotel, Restaurant & Spa

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Firstly the classic double room is like a shoe cupboard no room what so ever.
No flat screen tv, No mini bar, No bath tub, No safe and it was not 30msq.

NO WINDOW IN THE ROOM

LOUD MUSIC FOR ROOMS AT THE FRONT

When we arrived we asked to be moved to another room as this one was tiny and miss advertised to the one on booking.com and we were told there are no other rooms. Then we could here rats above us in the roofing and the walls and demanded a room change. Staff also seem to think it is ok to knock on your door at 3am for no apparent reason.

Finally got moved and the internet did not work so we had the hotel manager, his assistant and the IT guy in this tiny room for about 45mins trying to fix the problem.

Also we were promised a discount for all of the trouble and when we checked out they said that the guy who told us we would get the discount was not there and he had not informed them (no discount for us then)

Would not recommend this place to stay at but if you are fine with tiny rooms with no windows then the only good thing i can say is that the hotel assistant manager was a fairly reasonable person and agreed to let us eat in the restaurant for free when we left ( drinks as well )

2/10 rating from me and my partner.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel has less noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George_Thea
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recommend the baby lobster it was beautiful I really enjoyed and have had it the last trip I was here yum!! Service was good for us here despite the other views we had no trouble and the service was real friendly and happy to serve

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'd been there for 2 nights during Nyepi 2013.
I took Duluxe pool view room for Nyepi package, the price is fantastic for that level.
So i didn't hear any noises from the night club across the street.
And eventhough it's not Nyepi, if you take the room near the pool i don't think we can hear the noise.

The location is very close for Ogoh-ogoh festival in Pasar Kuta.
So after checked in and until midnight me n my husband going around to see the Ogoh-ogoh festival and had dinner.

Since we couldn't go anywhere in Nyepi day, we did swimming a lot.
The swimming pool though quite small is very clean.
They also turned on the Jacuzzi next to the swimming pool.

The room is REALLLY spacious and quite clean.
Since i don't really like modern hotel with minimalist look, i like the resort feeling eventhough the fittings quite old.
The bathroom design is good, i really like the stairs to go into the bathtub.
Amenities is okay.

For Nyepi Package we had buffet breakfast, dinner, and, lunch included in the package
As Indonesian, although the choices were limited, but the taste was good.
Compare to other hotel with the same price it think they're still better.
We also got free 10 min massage for 2.

After we did swimming, i had my spa.
Very reasonable price for hotel. Only Rp160.000+tips for 90min full body massages and scrub.
I thought it would be just for relaxing, i had a backpain and i asked for quite rough massages so it heals.
And it really WORKS, i don't have backpain anymore.

Overall it's a really GREAT value for my Nyepi getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I used to stay in this hotel every time i come to Bali... If there were some guest complain about noises around the hotel, they should think first before which area they wanted to stay...
Legian is area night life, if you want honey moon, dont ever choose that area... I love Maxi hotel so much because i love clubbing too, only take 5 - 10 minutes walk to bars. Staffs are kind people n ready 24 hours.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quiter
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Normally I'm not much of a reviewer but my experience at this "restaurant" was so absolutely terrible I felt a moral obligation to write in hopes that others would avoid this hell hole. Waited nearly 45 minutes for our food when there were only two other tables. Food was the most bland, borderline inedible slop I've ever had. Waited for the bill for ages so I finally went up to the cashier and asked to pay it. Without giving me the check, he told me a price much higher than I knew we owed. After demanding the bill and seeing it was considerably lower than he'd quoted, I proceeded to ask multiple times why he was lying to me. He sheepishly scurried away while I paid the actual price for the horrid meal. Avoid at ALL costs. Eat from the Circle K down the street if the hour of the night requires it but never, ever eat here.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank sovls
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Waited 15 mins to be served, ordered a serve of nachos for approx $5 AUD. Nachos came out after a good 20 mins and were a couple sale corn chips with some tomato sauce and melted cheese. Absolutely foul, wouldn't have even paid half of that the serving size was so small. Had to ask for the bill a couple times and even then had to wait about 8 mins for them to bring it out while there was nobody in the restaurant and they were joking amongst themselves. Don't waste your time here.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Binkachu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Niche Bali
#92 of 254 in Kuta
Harper Kuta
Harper Kuta
#27 of 254 in Kuta

Been to Maxi Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!