“Quite surrounding and very green”
Review of Balisandy Resort

Balisandy Resort
Ranked #154 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had stayed in 3 superior room and 1 double deluxe room. This hotel quite big. Easy access to both Kuta and Legian. But at night, walking alone to this hotel quite dangerous. This hotel is not on the main road. So hard to get a taxi. 10 minutes walk from the Legian street (Bombing monument) and 5-6 minutes to Kuta beach. In a day, many shops along the way to the beach. For the breakfast, simple breakfast. You can get fruits, breads, fried noodle / fried rice / juice. The swimming pool is big but the water seem like dirty and no flow. So I'm not swim in that pool. Surround by the tree, nice, but many mosquito. They have balcony, and chair, so you can hang out at the balcony, smoking. The room for double deluxe is big. The bathroom is not that good. We get the room with the malfuction toilet. We need to pull manually in the water tank to flush, and after the flush, the water non-stop top-up the water tank. Far from nightlife, so at night, the hotel is quite peaceful and scary sometimes, like nobody around the hotel and very gloomy surrounding as the light is less. The WIFI not working. Plus they are replying your email.

Room Tip: Ground floor always a good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Balisandy Resort

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This Hotel is 3 stars not 5 stars,the staff on the other hand are all 5 stars.The room is big and clean,bed nice and comfy and is good value for money.No fridge in room when I arrived,asked man carrying bags,he said no problems and one was delivered straight away,also it was already ice cold!The worst thing, was the aircon wasn't big enough for the size of the room and it was warm.I purchased a fan from Carrefour for $10 problem solved.Although it's on Poppies 2 no noise of a night.Pool area is great not big but enough.The breakfast was bad,rice, stirfry veggies , vegetarian chinese omolete and toast.I ate breakfast out everyday.The desk guys are great always willing to help.On the morning I left,I had a taxi booked for 4am to go to airport,it wasn't there, the bloke on the desk rang them and they said taxi not coming,I said no good I need a taxi!The security guy hopped on his moped and bought one back.Fantastic.It's an older Hotel but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at Balisandy with my parents and 9 year old daughter. We had 2 rooms, and these were neighbouring as requested.
We arrived at about 4.30pm to a welcoming and lovely girl at reception, and were helped to our rooms by a couple of young men.
Our rooms were clean and fresh, with AC and private bathrooms. Bed configuration was as requested when making the reservation.
We quickly changed into bathers and headed straight down to the pool for a swim. The pool was wonderful, and my daughter ended up spending much of her time there. The pool bar was open although not manned so had to go to the restaurant to order, then be served in the pool bar. Not a huge problem though as the restaurant is only a few paces away.
There were also a couple of lovely ladies offering massage by the pool, and for only US$2 for 15 minutes, mum and I has massages each day we were there. The ladies were fabulous, and so kind. They even braided my daughters hair and painted nails - a must for any 9yo in Bali!
Time to get out of the pool (hungry!), and the staff bought towels over for us, then back to our rooms.
Showers are low, but they are also hand-held so you can still wash hair, etc. no problems. We decided to eat in the restaurant on site, and all of us enjoyed our meals. In fact, we didn't have a bad meal there at all, and ate almost all our lunches and dinners at the restaurant.
After dinner, we decided to head out for a walk, and found just how awesome the location was! Night markets and the new Beachside mall are quite close by, but our rooms didn't reflect this with noise (good!). Then back and to bed.
Our package included breakfast, which was yummy - danishes, toast, fruit, rice, veggies and omelette. Basic, but it's breakfast and was tasty! We walked to Discovery Mall, and again were grateful at the location of accommodation.
When we returned the security man asked about our day, and what our plans for tomorrow were. Mum and I were planning on going on a cycling trip in the volcano mountains, and he said he would be happy to book for us. We told him the name of our company, and he said no worries. Turned out, he booked us with another company which I was annoyed about. Turned out to be a great tour in the end, but I think if a guest asks for a specific company you shouldn't ignore them.
All in all, our stay at Balisandy was fabulous, and given the prices I would absolutely stay there again when in Bali next! We only paid about $30 per room per night, and for this we received great friendly service, rooms cleaned and towels replaced each day, and breakfast at a hotel close to the Kuta shopping strip, and the beach only a few minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Although up on the third level, our rooms had good views and very little street noise. #183 and #18...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We walked into our "superior" room having paid $45 a night and it was instantly obvious it was more of a $10 a night room. Stains on the sheets. The WIFI didn't work. The shower which was stuck at hobbit height on the filthy bathroom wall broke when my friend had a shower so we called the guy who came to the room, pulled the pipe out of the wall and walked off with it while IGNORING me as I stood there asking if the manager was around.

He then came back with a new shower hose and banged around in the bathroom for about half an hour, and all of this before a 4am start to catch a flight. Unbelievably rude. This is the second time in a row we've paid more than average for a below average experience in southern Bali. We left the Villa Noah in Uluwatu before this after three nights of bad service, inedible food and no WIFI which we paid for with the $70 a night room. Sick of these crooks ruining Bali. Ruins it all and ruins people's holidays. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank writesitedubai
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I really loved this hotel! The food was good, the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the poolarea was awsome and the location was perfect. I recommend it for couples or families, it's tranquill and peacefull, not a party hotel. If I'm back in Kuta somr day I would absolutly come back to Balisandy.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony viewing the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank terre_ankaret
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The new name for this hotel is Balisandy Resort if you look for it in Agonda. Guess hotel has a new owner. The hotel signage outside still show Balisandy cotttages.

Location of the hotel is great. Beach, dining and shopping are with 5-10 minutes walk. Staff ae friendly less the middle aged front desk guy. Rooms are big and reasonable clean. Its also very quiet at night less some noise from people at the pool sometimes.

Its a budget hotel. So its condition is dated but for some you may like the rustic condition. Breakfast is survival mode. Its fried rice with scramble eggs. No cucumber or tomato which is common in most Indonesian bf. Bread are not fresh as its cold out from the fridge.

There is a great dining spot along Poppies2 as you are turning into the hotel. The bar cum restaraunt is part of the Satriya Cottages/hotel. Most dishes like Tuna steak and Ayam Panggang (barbequed chicken) are about US$7 each. Very well done.

You can rent a car with driver from the hotel for ID rupiah for 450K a day, 12 hours. The next day we went to the hotel next door called Dekuta and rented a car for 10 hours for ID Rupiah 350K.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LamWY
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It's a small, low-key hotel with friendly staff anddecent food. The beach is close by, the rooms are cute and clean. If you are looking for something fancy, look elsewhere, this place has character and is perfect for a budget vacation without any bells and whistles.... just chill.
I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends