“The best restaurant i ever tried in Bali.”
Review of Sukun Restaurant

Sukun Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,113 Restaurants in Kuta
Description: SUKUN RESTAURANT is a casual open-plan Indonesian Cuisinedining venue in tropical setting. It has a laid-back summer vibe designed by Made Wijaya featuring fun wall cut-outs, colourfull mosaic tiles and a sky-inspired ceiling fitted with quirky light fixtures. There is space for up to 80 guests with clusters of designer table settings arranged for couples as well as small groups. Sukun Restaurant celebrates the diverse flavours of the Indonesian archipelago with a menu driven by island-fresh produce and seasonal specialties. A generous full breakfast table d'hôte is served every morning followed by home-style regional cuisine with a modern twist throughout the remainder of the day. With its care-free appeal, the restaurant provides the perfect spot to sit and escape Bali's heat. Thirsts are also quenched with energy boosting juices from the bar along with a choice of favourite cocktails, cold beers or spirit mixes. Open daily from 11am-11pm for Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is by far one of the best restaurants in Bali i ever tried, amazing breakfast-the best i ever seen. Very good dinner and amazing Balinise menu called Megibung.

Professional service and good prices.

Highly recommended!

AMNAYA K, Manager at Sukun Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Vlad G,

Thank you for sharing your brief & strong dining experience at Sukun Restaurant.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the unique story of the "Balinese Megibung"

We appreciate your kind compliments on the quality of the food and the attentive service from the team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant wasn’t so much for me. I found the service too much which is an unusual complaint to have but it was a little uncomfortable. The meal I had was ok but I found the vegetables over done and looking a little wilted. There was a lack of atmosphere, in fairness I was there at 3pm which is usually a quite time but there was no music and the staff were a bit robotic from what I’ve experienced in Indonesia. Just over rated as I was super excited to visit it from the great reviews I had read.

AMNAYA K, Manager at Sukun Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ktire,

We appreciate the time you took to review Sukun Restaurant.

On behalf of all the team, we apologise for your disconcerting experience. You can be sure that the management team is taking measures to bring the accuracy of our associates and food quality to the highest standard.
We truly appreciate your constructive feedback in regards to your overall dis-satisfactory. We hope to welcome you again for you to experience signature meals in better comfort.

Again we regret and should you wish to speak further about any matters regarding your dining experience, please don't hesitate to contact us at the email address provided below.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been here with my family and this time I decided to come with my girl friends. This time I try to have Chicken satay and Beef Rendang. The chicken satay very good and Beef Rendang is juicy. Very nice location, because its only 5 minutes walking to discovery mall and 10 minutes to Airport.

Next time I will come back and try their Romantic dinner. Thank you Sukun team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I haven't really had any luck with Indonesian food in Bali in the past and can't say I've had anything memorable before I've been to Sukun.
It's on the ground floor of the Amnaya Kuta hotel adjacent to the lobby.
We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of food and the care and attention to detail that was put into the food preparation.
Both the herbal tea and chicken soup as well as the combination of sambals delivered prior to the main dish were delicious and it was obvious that the dishes were prepared well in advance to be able to extract the wholesomeness and flavors of the ingredients.
Main was awesome as well. Care and attention to food preparation didn't go unnoticed and the best part was the food wasn't as salty or enhanced with artificial flavors. I cannot guarantee that flavor enhancers were used, but what I can say is the the food didn't taste like MSG or the likes, and I didn't have swollen hands or a bloated tummy after the meal nor was a thirsty for hours after.
Desert was fabulous as well. Coconut ice cream with other sweets jam packed in a young coconut. Loved it!!!
Also great ambiance as it is in a hotel and the wait staff were extremely attentive and appeared to have pride in the food offering.
I would definitely go again.
Not really sure why it wasn't packed, but on the night we visited there were probably only 3 tables occupied when we got there and didn't get much busier by the time we left.
Diners were mostly Asian and the megibung dinner cost about IDR600,000 including taxes for two with no drinks.

Dear BC_Sydney,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your detailed dining experience at Sukun Indonesian Cuisine Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon with more crowd. We have scheduled unplugged live music on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the set dinner for 250000 rp per person which is basically provides a very comprehensive sampling of balinese cuisine. I would highly recommend it to those who are interested in trying a bit of everything. Portions are generous and at the end of the meal we were thoroughly stuffed. Service and ambience is great. The restaurant is inside a beautiful hotel which is located in a rather secluded lane off the main road. The only suggestion I would give to the restaurant is to provide some kid friendly dishes in the menu. As they only serve Indonesian food which typically contains spices, our young kids did not really enjoy their meal.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your dining experience at Sukun Indonesian Cuisine Restaurant.
We appreciate your kind compliments that you liked the service, the ambience and the food this much.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and surely we can provide special kid's meal with western touch taken from the poolside menu.